Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

life henchmen not smart enough

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
sometimes I get the level 50 life henchmen (Salvus) when I am in battle and need a little pick-me-up but one of the first things he does is waste most of pips healing himself first thing despite just being brought in and then throwing me a one pip over time pixie that my pet can give me. please help him prioritize better.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I have had good luck with the level 60 life girl - she spam heals you and shields. maybe try her next time?

I have experimented with the different level life hench, and she is good in a pinch if you are needing some health boost.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
sorry, I meant the level 40 life henchman, the little life girl. I know, sounds counterintuitive but if you just want heals, not outgoing life hits, give her a try.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
the awesome pyroma... on Apr 29, 2017 wrote:
sometimes I get the level 50 life henchmen (Salvus) when I am in battle and need a little pick-me-up but one of the first things he does is waste most of pips healing himself first thing despite just being brought in and then throwing me a one pip over time pixie that my pet can give me. please help him prioritize better.
The henchmen have always been a bit off.. the ice one hardly casts any damage spells and spends most of the time taunting. I agree with you that they need to give them a bit more smarts.. It is sad spending crowns on something that doesnt help you at all and lets you die.. This has happened to me more times than I can count..

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Honestly, I use the level 20 life henchmen when I need a heal. Now you may be thinking in higher level worlds he probably gets annihilated before being able to use anything of worth but here are some tips I noticed with him:
  • His lower range of spells available to him FORCES him to use more healing spells
  • His power pip chance is pretty moderate; he uses fairy on me almost every round
  • He can cast balance blade and hex, which helps
  • He rarely uses hits and these sometimes help when I need an off school hit to break a tower shield
  • His lower health, which I believe is around 860, makes him disappear within 5 rounds or so which helps when I am safely healed and no longer need him to do something to mess up my feints such as hitting
  • He only cost 20 crowns which means if I need him again in the same fight, I've still spent less on him than the level 50 minion

These were some observations I made with my storm wizard.

I believe that any of the henchmen levels 40 - 70 are mostly unhelpful as they tend to recklessly attack then assist you. Unless of course that's what you want them to do.
Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Genevieve HexPyre 96+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Khrysalis)