Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life all enemy spell unfair

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 18, 2011
I'm just saying that life is the last school to get their all enemy spell aka Forest Lord at lvl 58 all the others schools get theirs before lvl 50 (fire:meteor strike and dragon ; ice:blizzard and snow angel storm: temepst and storm lord; Balance: sandstorm and ra. Myth: humongofrog; Death: scarecrow) and then life just gets it at lvl 58 very annoying. They should have made seraph at least all enemy. :(
(Btw i solo alot and i didnt really pick a good combo of schools: life and ice , no offense to ice people and i'm thinking of getting pip buyback and get a school with a better all enemy spell then blizard , like a ice wizard said blizard isnt that powerful :?)

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Nick16567 wrote:
I'm just saying that life is the last school to get their all enemy spell aka Forest Lord at lvl 58 all the others schools get theirs before lvl 50 (fire:meteor strike and dragon ; ice:blizzard nad snow angel storm: temepst and storm lord; Balance: sandstorm and ra. Myth: humongofrog; Death: scarecrow) and then life just gets it at lvl 58 very annoying. They should have made seraph at least all enemy. :x

Do you know what all of those schools have in common? That's right... no real healing (with very minor exceptions). Should everyone get a school specific heal? Should Life not get any heal all player spells? I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but the schools are different for a reason. At least life finally got an all enemies spell...

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Nick16567 wrote:
I'm just saying that life is the last school to get their all enemy spell aka Forest Lord at lvl 58 all the others schools get theirs before lvl 50 (fire:meteor strike and dragon ; ice:blizzard nad snow angel storm: temepst and storm lord; Balance: sandstorm and ra. Myth: humongofrog; Death: scarecrow) and then life just gets it at lvl 58 very annoying. They should have made seraph at least all enemy. :x

its not unfair life has so much healing spell i say they have to learn it at some point where the power in needed most
so why not level 58

sry that life has to wait for that long to get a aoe spell

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
gtarhannon wrote:
Do you know what all of those schools have in common? That's right... no real healing (with very minor exceptions). Should everyone get a school specific heal? Should Life not get any heal all player spells? I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but the schools are different for a reason. At least life finally got an all enemies spell...

Thank you! It annoys me so much when people complain about stuff like this. All the schools are unique. I wish KI would stress that a little more.

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
other then moves like forest lord, Ice learns both Blizzard and (ice) blade the latest out of all of them, in this case blizard is still s good hit all, but weak it can be without boosts.

also your main (ice) blade will come from Niles and costs one pip until you are of a high enough lvl to get it, but when you DO get that blade, your in a location where that kind of power is needed, also the lvl 58 spell comes in when needed, yet ice has no heal.

Schools with heal: fire, death, balance, and life

ice, still my favorite, best school is limited to the imagination

Explorer
Oct 09, 2010
OK first of all Ra is level 58 spell. Also second of all both fire dragon and storm lord are rank seven spells and stronger than forest lord so you really shouldn't be complaining.

Flint Shadowthief Legendary Conjurer
Flint Lifethief level 16 Necromancer

Hero
Jul 27, 2009

lifes power comes from the healing spells. when ever you do a big dungeon you should always include a life wizard and protect them at all cost.
same if you have to use a henchmen get life, Rosie will try to keep you alive.

life is the one school that will keep the group alive if at all possible'
so getting the forest lord last is of no big consequence.

so if you are a Life Wizard you should think on the best way to make your deck the best life and healing spells you have there are some life wizard who i consider great as they work to keep their team alive.

Explorer
May 11, 2010
gtarhannon wrote:
Nick16567 wrote:

What about balance's lvl 55 spell Availing Hands? That's awesome healing.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
GhostlyOtto wrote:
What about balance's lvl 55 spell Availing Hands? That's awesome healing.

You'll note I said this:

Do you know what all of those schools have in common? That's right... no real healing (with very minor exceptions).

I highlighted the relevant bit in blue. Fire gets link and powerlink for healing, balance gets helping hands and availing hands. Those would be the minor exceptions. Powerlink and availing hands require the wizard to be level 55 and to have completed large swaths of Wintertusk. As to the assertion that its "awesome healing", respectfully, I disagree. Its 10 points less than Satyr, but over time. It truly pales in comparison to life's healing abilities.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I am a legendary Balance wizard, and here's what I think:

1. First of all, Forest Lord is much more powerful than Ra (a rank 8 spell) or Sandstorm (rank 4). We do have 3 great AOE spells (the two you mentioned, and Power Nova [rank 7]), though neither of these does any real damage unless we critical after buffing/blading for enough turns. Then it's everyone else's worst nightmare, but not before.

2. I do agree that Balance heals are among the few exceptions of other schools having good ones. Here's why:

i. I can use power pips on them; Life is the only school that can use power pips on heals, so it's nice to have.

ii. A ring I got as a drop in WT gives me a 21 percent boost to incoming heals. Whether I'm in a group with a healer, or am acting as one for my team, I get a nice little boost; since I'm not primarily a healer, I don't care about outgoing boosts, though I did have one a long, long time ago.

That's my two cents. Good luck!

Laura Shadowsong,
Legendary Sorcerer