Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Liars

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 12, 2012
when I was in the bazaar, this girl said she would gift you a pack, for two frozen armor treasure cards, so I thought it sounded like a pretty fair trade since the cards were 2800 coins each. I said she had to gift me first, and she SAID she promised she would give them to me. So after I gave the cards to her, she asked me what pack I wanted, I told her I would check, and then when I had decided, I closed the crown shop ,and I was about to tell her which one I wanted, I saw that she had dissapeared, AND unfriended me. I reported her, and then I looked at some stuff on here, and it said that reporting her for that reason was not allowed. So I didn't know that I couldn't report her for that reason. Just PLEASE don't ban me for it. I didn't know!!!

Caitlin Iceblade, Magus Theurgist

Administrator
One false report will not result in a ban, young Wizard. Mistakes happen but now that you know that what you reported was not a reportable offense, you won't make the mistake again.

However, Wizards who repeatedly report others for fun or to be annoying, will quickly find their reporting ability removed.

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
flutterby82401 wrote:
when I was in the bazaar, this girl said she would gift you a pack, for two frozen armor treasure cards, so I thought it sounded like a pretty fair trade since the cards were 2800 coins each. I said she had to gift me first, and she SAID she promised she would give them to me. So after I gave the cards to her, she asked me what pack I wanted, I told her I would check, and then when I had decided, I closed the crown shop ,and I was about to tell her which one I wanted, I saw that she had dissapeared, AND unfriended me. I reported her, and then I looked at some stuff on here, and it said that reporting her for that reason was not allowed. So I didn't know that I couldn't report her for that reason. Just PLEASE don't ban me for it. I didn't know!!!

Caitlin Iceblade, Magus Theurgist

Young wizard you fell for the oldest trick going on Wizards101 and I too, in the beginning thought that tricking someone out of treasure cards was reportable but quickly found that cheating someone out of something is not.

I can not count how many of these transactions I have stopped since it happened to my grandson and he was quite confused and let down about it - if the duped wizard will listen to me - I flood the chat box with how this is a trick and try to shame the mugger and get them to focus on me - I figure if I can't report it I can at least try to stop it. All you can do now is know that this is the routine they pull and never do it again. Don't trust anyone in the game that is not your friend or relative in real life.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
This happened to me once, too. I saw someone saying "giving gold for treasure cards!" I knew full well rumors of that trick, and tried to see if it was real or not. I opened the trade window with my plethora of useless TCs. I saw he was death with a life amulet. I stacked my pile with as many Skeletal Dragons (3), Satyrs (8), Fairies(5), and Centaurs (12) as I had. I hit the "trade" button and he said "thanks" and I asked "so what about that gold?" He defriended me, said "MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!" and switched realms. The truth? I didn't even care about my dusty, forgotten treasure cards.

~Mindy Ironcaller, level 74 life
~Dustin Dunedreamer, level 9 myth

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
Defender
Aug 01, 2011
tyandash wrote:
This happened to me once, too. I saw someone saying "giving gold for treasure cards!" I knew full well rumors of that trick, and tried to see if it was real or not. I opened the trade window with my plethora of useless TCs. I saw he was death with a life amulet. I stacked my pile with as many Skeletal Dragons (3), Satyrs (8), Fairies(5), and Centaurs (12) as I had. I hit the "trade" button and he said "thanks" and I asked "so what about that gold?" He defriended me, said "MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!" and switched realms. The truth? I didn't even care about my dusty, forgotten treasure cards.

seriously they said gold for treasure cards that is the most saddest trick ever you cant give gold to people that was the worst trick in the book that the person said he would gift gold. also you should of saved the treasure cards and sold them

Thomas StormLeaf
Level 80 balance

Survivor
Feb 12, 2012
Professor Greyrose wrote:
One false report will not result in a ban, young Wizard. Mistakes happen but now that you know that what you reported was not a reportable offense, you won't make the mistake again.

However, Wizards who repeatedly report others for fun or to be annoying, will quickly find their reporting ability removed.

Thanks for letting me know Professor Greyrose, I just get a little worried when I shouldn't some times.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
flutterby82401 wrote:

Thanks for letting me know Professor Greyrose, I just get a little worried when I shouldn't some times.

I am really sorry this happened to you. But please take it as a lesson learned.

Anytime a player promises this kind of trade, it is almost always 100% scam. Be careful also even trading cards. If you don't see them giving the cards they say they will, just cancel the trade. Many TC's are available in the Libraries and the Bazaar. I know it is cheaper to trade them, but not eveyone is honest. They want to get something without giving up something.

And PLEASE, be very careful what you report. There is a topic in this forum regarding Wizardly Chatting. You may want to read a few of the posts by the Administrators in it. The main ones are on Pgs 1,2 and 8. There are a few more scattered throughout that thread, but it will give you some idea what you can and can not report without getting yourself sanctioned for false reporting,

Good luck

Survivor
Feb 12, 2012
goldendragon18 wrote:
flutterby82401 wrote:

I am really sorry this happened to you. But please take it as a lesson learned.

Anytime a player promises this kind of trade, it is almost always 100% scam. Be careful also even trading cards. If you don't see them giving the cards they say they will, just cancel the trade. Many TC's are available in the Libraries and the Bazaar. I know it is cheaper to trade them, but not eveyone is honest. They want to get something without giving up something.

And PLEASE, be very careful what you report. There is a topic in this forum regarding Wizardly Chatting. You may want to read a few of the posts by the Administrators in it. The main ones are on Pgs 1,2 and 8. There are a few more scattered throughout that thread, but it will give you some idea what you can and can not report without getting yourself sanctioned for false reporting,

Good luck

thanks for telling me, i read the forum, after i reported her, now, if i am not sure if i can report them for something, i will read that over again. thank you!

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
This one really bugs me. I fear for my kids when they realize that someone would behave in this manner.
Whenever I see offers for "mounts for tcs" I will run right up to the huckster and call them out.
Young wizards need to realize that NOBODY will gift you anything for your treasure cards. If they could, they would just buy the tcs.

Open scammers need to be shamed out of town, right in front of of everyone. That is the only way that they will learn.
And, educate newer wizards as to the pitfalls that can be found.
pods

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
skywarrior342 wrote:
tyandash wrote:

seriously they said gold for treasure cards that is the most saddest trick ever you cant give gold to people that was the worst trick in the book that the person said he would gift gold. also you should of saved the treasure cards and sold them

Thomas StormLeaf
Level 80 balance

I believe you can gift gold from the crown shop.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2012
That happened to me yesterday. This guy said If I got him a mount, he'd give me some amount # of packs. I was super unsure at first, I asked him if he was playing a trick on me because his first mistake was him saying he was recording me. I was too oblivious to notice it until I already gifted him the mount. Then he said exactly "And jk (just kidding) about the packs, I would never gift you to(2) noobs!" then after that he told us the video was going to go online. :(

Survivor
May 31, 2012
This happened to me too. I think its happened to almost everybody. I was sitting around in the commons minding my own business and somebody said they would trade things in the crown shop for treasure cards. I thought that sounded bogus but I decided to go for it anyways. So I talked to the guy who said that and I gave him a bunch of my useless tc that I would never use, and I looked at a few things in the crown shop and than I saw he was gone and deleted me from his friends. I was really bummed at first but than I was like, Meh.