Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level +50 and No XP

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 29, 2009
I have quite a few wizards that are at level 50 and of course not getting XP. I have noticed in the test realm that some of my wizards are "level adjusted." When the game is leveled up over 50, how will you handle all the lost XP or should I just leave my grands with a quest book that look like an encyclopedia. Wouldn't it be better to just add that XP so that when the game does level up, they will advance.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2009
MordanTheGreat wrote:
I have quite a few wizards that are at level 50 and of course not getting XP. I have noticed in the test realm that some of my wizards are "level adjusted." When the game is leveled up over 50, how will you handle all the lost XP or should I just leave my grands with a quest book that look like an encyclopedia. Wouldn't it be better to just add that XP so that when the game does level up, they will advance.

THANK YOU!!! I am so glad someone finally brought this up. I have listened to (and forced people to listen to me) rant about this for what seems like forever. A lot of Grands have earned enough exp to be Grand again (assuming you dont stop playing your Grand once it becomes 50th level). And they just lose this exp. It isnt saved it just vanishes. If you make a max level increase the Grands that have lost enough exp to be the NEW max level are not going to be at all happy. If someone has achieved the rank of Grand they should have options. Here are a few ideas i have heard from people in-game and on other forums:

1)-Let Grands stockpile exp for when the max level increases.

2)-Let Grands trade exp for Training Points so that they can master all the non-quest school spells in the game.

3)-Create an NPC character where Grands could go to "train others for gold". Meaning they would be giving their exp (without actually training anyone) for gold.

4)-In the "Game Options" have an option for GRANDS ONLY to, when defeating an NPC or completing a quest as a Grand, to disgard exp rewards for an increased chance of getting a better item or Treasure Card.

These are a few ideas. Feel free to add more.

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
I've already asked Professor Greyrose about this, she said that all xp gained after achieving grandmaster is lost forever. None of it is kept, and when the level cap increases, you will have no "stockpiled experience."

I've just stopped questing after obtaining level 50, and I recommend that everyone else does the same. Though, I'm sure that after the level cap increases, there will be more than enough quests to obtain the experience to achieve the next cap.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
matvince90 wrote:
I've already asked Professor Greyrose about this, she said that all xp gained after achieving grandmaster is lost forever. None of it is kept, and when the level cap increases, you will have no "stockpiled experience."

I've just stopped questing after obtaining level 50, and I recommend that everyone else does the same. Though, I'm sure that after the level cap increases, there will be more than enough quests to obtain the experience to achieve the next cap.

Yeah, I knew I saw that somewhere....couldn't find the post though...lol.

Personally I am not worried about all the lost XP, you still get the coin and item rewards from quests. Also I do figure that if they increase the level cap and add new worlds and new quests, they will also have enough for us to do to reach the next level cap. And really it's so easy to level up if you help others out and/or just like to run dungeons or towers for the added loot and coin there.

I had felt the same about losing the XP, initially, and wasn't going to use my GMs anymore, but I changed my mind since. I mean if they add new worlds and quests then what fun would those quests be if we all would have saved XP(from things we did in the past after level 50) and automatically leveled up to, or even close to the next level cap? Why would you even want to try the new worlds or quests if you reached that cap from old XP(I mean using that logic of feeling like you lost so much from questing after level 50)?

If you feel that way and they actually would award the "lost" XP later, then when those new worlds come and new quests with them, then I guess you would be stuck again with nothing to do with those GMs. That sounds kind of boring...lol.

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
oceandaydreamer wrote:
... I mean if they add new worlds and quests then what fun would those quests be if we all would have saved XP(from things we did in the past after level 50) and automatically leveled up to, or even close to the next level cap? Why would you even want to try the new worlds or quests if you reached that cap from old XP(I mean using that logic of feeling like you lost so much from questing after level 50)? ...

Questing and leveling are two different issues. Questing is the key to access to the various areas and bosses of the different worlds versus bumming a ride from someone that has quested the boss or area. Without questing, you are essentially locked out of certain areas of the game (example would be Colossus Blvd, the sword bosses, each advancement to the next world). Leveling up is something else all together. I can be a level 50 and still not have certain bosses on the map or access to areas unless the character is quested to those areas. The advantage to a higher level is better gear, and better spells. Also, the simple task of beating street riff raft on the streets of DS is good for around 50 XP and those bird dudes in Grizzle are worth quite a bit themselves, so helping others or farming are other activities where XP is lost.

You may not be aware, but there are users that were on the game when the NO XP AFTER 50 was not a policy that will literally jump levels when the opportunity arrives (thus giving them quicker access to the newer spells and gear). I would rather see the XP added with no leveling until that time comes. A sort of present/incentive for sticking with the game until they make good on the elusive leveling up of the game. The only thing this will give you is access to better gear and spells when the opportunity arrives. It will not give you access to the newer and more improved bosses/drops.

With the few characters I have left, I am seriously considering taking mine to 48 (for the pet and top spell) and park the questing until that new level gets here. I will definately leave the Book and Zeke quests for that time also because I usually have quite a few spells left over, and these quests do not provide access to other areas of the game. Questing for access and battles alone will take them to 50 without further side questing and leave me with the opportunity for that XP when the upper levels arrive. I guess they will be bumming rides in the mean time. :?