Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 40, Just Began Mooshu

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
I am currently level 40 and in Hametsu Village. I have done all sidequests and some dungeons twice. Is this a good route to follow, or should I stop doing every quest.

Jack Crow, Master Wizard

Defender
Dec 15, 2013
thats a very good start. you'll be in a good level when you complete mooshu and when you head on to dragonspyre. not to brag but i finished mooshu when i was on level 39 no joke. but the bad thing was that the mobs were hard for me and so was my first boss i to defeat in dragonspyre. but when u get into dragonspyre i am sure you'll be fine. hope this helps KanefireRider lvl.41

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
XRaisingSplashX on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:
I am currently level 40 and in Hametsu Village. I have done all sidequests and some dungeons twice. Is this a good route to follow, or should I stop doing every quest.

Jack Crow, Master Wizard
I am about to level to 38 on my Death wizard. I think the path you're on is a good one. The higher level you are when entering Dragonspyre (and beyond) the better.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
XRaisingSplashX on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:

Jack Crow, Master Wizard
I also started Mooshu at level 40 on my life wizard. When I take a wizard through each world, I do every quest, including Wysteria, Crab Alley, and Grizzleheim. The extra levels help when soloing. The only downside, is getting into the areas you have yet to unlock for spell quests. I usually ask a higher level friend to take me to the area I need or I use my other higher level account. There is no such thing as being too high of a level for a certain area.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Mooshu is easy and you could do it with a lower level. The problem is, Dragonspyre. That world is hard! Keep doing what you're doing! It's the best way to go!
Now in the future you might want to have your astral spells when you are still in DS. So get a high level friend and teleport to them in Celestia when you are level 50 and you can train your astral spells.
Mryna Dragoncloud, level 49 and soon to be .

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
Me and my Dad found Mooshu as the most grueling world to trudge through in the Spiral. Three major world divisions with extra work sprinkled in. Like, an evil cupcake, Mooshu is ready to shoot down the big headed who think they'll crush anything in their way. Good luck out there. (Not like my has any).

Typin' up a at 4:53 am, that's just how the carpet rolls.
Marcus Suncrafter, lvl 73

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
wanted468 on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
Me and my Dad found Mooshu as the most grueling world to trudge through in the Spiral. Three major world divisions with extra work sprinkled in. Like, an evil cupcake, Mooshu is ready to shoot down the big headed who think they'll crush anything in their way. Good luck out there. (Not like my has any).

Typin' up a at 4:53 am, that's just how the carpet rolls.
Marcus Suncrafter, lvl 73
I always thought of Mooshu as calm and relaxing. I find the map the easiest to understand of all the worlds; the jade palace, three major adventure zones branching from it, three secondary adventure zones branching from each of those. At the end of each major adventure zone you fight an Oni. All neat and orderly.

Then you move on to Dragonspyre, with its mazelike map impossible to navigate without quest arrows, annoying weakness casting creatures everywhere, and lying NPCs who try to dupe you into doing their dirty work. If you find Mooshu annoying, you are pretty sure to find Dragonspyre absolutely maddening.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
DanTheTerrible2 on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
I always thought of Mooshu as calm and relaxing. I find the map the easiest to understand of all the worlds; the jade palace, three major adventure zones branching from it, three secondary adventure zones branching from each of those. At the end of each major adventure zone you fight an Oni. All neat and orderly.

Then you move on to Dragonspyre, with its mazelike map impossible to navigate without quest arrows, annoying weakness casting creatures everywhere, and lying NPCs who try to dupe you into doing their dirty work. If you find Mooshu annoying, you are pretty sure to find Dragonspyre absolutely maddening.
Just my opinion, and this is yours. But don't get me wrong, I don't despise Mooshu or anything like that, the music is nice, it just felt longer to me.

Marcus Suncrafter, lvl 74

Survivor
Sep 20, 2010
Stop doing quests!!!
I am a level 46 Ice wizard and just started Dragonspyre. I started Mooshu at level 40 and that is about 10 levels to late, probably because you did every quest like i did, but you'll probably find Mooshu easy like i did as i was so late to get into every world i've done apart from maybe Dragonspyre( idk about Dragonspyre).

Kaitlyn Ironhammer, level 46 Thaumatuge ()