Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Leaving a fight by previewing a house

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 28, 2010
With the last update, you removed the ability to preview a house in the crown shop during a battle to leave. This was a great glitch that should be brought back. There are times when you get caught in a battle that you don't want to be in and now the ability to leave is gone.

I think this should be brought back in with one change, the only way you can use this is if you are in battle alone. Should there be another wizard in the fight with you then the ability should not exist.

Or allow the flee option without losing all your health.

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
CoopKoda wrote:
With the last update, you removed the ability to preview a house in the crown shop during a battle to leave. This was a great glitch that should be brought back. There are times when you get caught in a battle that you don't want to be in and now the ability to leave is gone.

I think this should be brought back in with one change, the only way you can use this is if you are in battle alone. Should there be another wizard in the fight with you then the ability should not exist.

wow I can't believe they did that sometimes I really feel like they do things without thinking about the problems that will arise. I know that was very handy. I can name so many times that i get pulled into a unwanted battle. I used that glitch and all was fine. We shouldnt have to lose all our mana when we just dont really feel like battleing the wrong bad guy.

Oh well they probly wont listen to on this one. like so many other things we say never get heard. Mosly they listen to us when there are hundreds of us with the same complaint. I wouldnt hold my breath on this one.

Explorer
Jul 26, 2009
CoopKoda wrote:

Sorry i disagree BIG time due to the fact that is how lower lvl wizards are staying in higher zones after they get defeated, so i agree with this decision.

THANKS for getting something right for a change KI

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
CoopKoda wrote:

This was an exploited glitch. I think people used it to get out of battle without losing Mana, then come back right where they were. There should be consequences for not wanting to stick out a battle for its length, and that consequence was losing your Mana, so that last suggestion probably won't be happening.

And also, what would it matter, even if it was brought back, if there was another person there? There's still the always-rude fleeing option that you'd use.

Sloth is dangerous anyway. But just be happy that you were able to do something beforehand that should never have been avaialable anyway.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
CoopKoda wrote:

You just need to push the ESC button and then push quit. boom you are out of battle..

ellie

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Dear KingsIsle, please read this, and try to consider this seriously. This may potentially overhaul the entire fun factor of the game if implemented correctly (even if it is just for me). I have been saying this for years, and felt like that subject fell on deaf ears all this time.

Even if this will NEVER be considered, I wish that I hear an official 'No' from a KingsIsle representative, so I can finally give up with this, and let it drop.

First off, on the subject of crown shop porting, I have to part agree, and part disagree.

I agree that it was an exploitation on part of the players, that bypassed the game's design.

However, it was an exploitation that players felt HAD to take advantage of, due to the fact that (as I have been mentioning YEARS ago, and am still today):

1. Battles other than quest requirements are a waste of time, effort, and energy.

2. Battles at Celestia+ can mean victory or defeat on the drop of a dime, and can potentially result in even more wasted time, needless aggravation, and serious loss of fun.

Change either one of those conditions, preferrably both, and KingsIsle will no longer give players a reason to circumvent the encounter system.

I *still* ask myself even today, why KingsIsle refuses to either listen to, or change, the current encounter system.

Encounters are fine! Part of what makes MMO's and any RPG's so fun (for me, at least) are the encounters! But, they HAVE to be worth something more than just random quest objectives. Especially when the *ONLY* way to advance in levels is to do quest after quest after quest after quest after quest after quest after quest after quest after quest. You get my point, I hope.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2011
Shiningfantasia wrote:
Dear KingsIsle, please read this, and try to consider this seriously. This may potentially overhaul the entire fun factor of the game if implemented correctly (even if it is just for me). I have been saying this for years, and felt like that subject fell on deaf ears all this time.

Even if this will NEVER be considered, I wish that I hear an official 'No' from a KingsIsle representative, so I can finally give up with this, and let it drop.

First off, on the subject of crown shop porting, I have to part agree, and part disagree.

I agree that it was an exploitation on part of the players, that bypassed the game's design.

However, it was an exploitation that players felt HAD to take advantage of, due to the fact that (as I have been mentioning YEARS ago, and am still today):

1. Battles other than quest requirements are a waste of time, effort, and energy.

2. Battles at Celestia+ can mean victory or defeat on the drop of a dime, and can potentially result in even more wasted time, needless aggravation, and serious loss of fun.

Change either one of those conditions, preferrably both, and KingsIsle will no longer give players a reason to circumvent the encounter system.

I *still* ask myself even today, why KingsIsle refuses to either listen to, or change, the current encounter system.

Encounters are fine! Part of what makes MMO's and any RPG's so fun (for me, at least) are the encounters! But, they HAVE to be worth something more than just random quest objectives. Especially when the *ONLY* way to advance in levels is to do quest after quest after quest after quest after quest after quest after quest after quest after quest. You get my point, I hope.

I couldnt agree more - The aggravation over this "flee" situation is becoming a "Dull" Factor.

Even just now as i sit playing with my girfriend opposite me - Things can go from 1hour of complete fun to absolute frustration over being "sucked" off your paths into USELESS - time wasting battles.

It is beyond stupid not to have some kind of option that allows the player "Even if it meant Gold" - The option alone should be ours to decide whether we feel we want to continue that battle....

"To leave this battle will cost 100gold - do you accept"

This idea alone would be sufficient.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
norr4687 wrote:
CoopKoda wrote:

wow I can't believe they did that sometimes I really feel like they do things without thinking about the problems that will arise. I know that was very handy. I can name so many times that i get pulled into a unwanted battle. I used that glitch and all was fine. We shouldnt have to lose all our mana when we just dont really feel like battleing the wrong bad guy.

Oh well they probly wont listen to on this one. like so many other things we say never get heard. Mosly they listen to us when there are hundreds of us with the same complaint. I wouldnt hold my breath on this one.

as a player who doesn't flee a battle unless i'm the only one in it i would like to point out that when you get pulled into another wizards batle to flee is just wrong not to mention rude you drag in another monster and then leave that wizard holding the bag. you may cause that wizard to get killed even though he may have been winning the battle thx KI for getting something right for a change. I almost never get pulled into unwanted fights but if i do and it is in a pre-existing fight i say sorry and then continue with the fight and try to assist the wizard or wizards that were already in the battle. and if some one on my friends list ports into my battles and then flees they are removed from my friends list.

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
pizarro152 wrote:
norr4687 wrote:
CoopKoda wrote:

as a player who doesn't flee a battle unless i'm the only one in it i would like to point out that when you get pulled into another wizards batle to flee is just wrong not to mention rude you drag in another monster and then leave that wizard holding the bag. you may cause that wizard to get killed even though he may have been winning the battle thx KI for getting something right for a change. I almost never get pulled into unwanted fights but if i do and it is in a pre-existing fight i say sorry and then continue with the fight and try to assist the wizard or wizards that were already in the battle. and if some one on my friends list ports into my battles and then flees they are removed from my friends list.

That’s nice I would never flee a battle with someone else unless I died. Then I would add the person to my list. Leave heal and hurry back. I have been pulled into someone else’s battle before. The person the gets angry and leaves. Although it wasn’t my fault. So now I am stuck in a battle with 3 bad guys. In CL it could go either way. It is frustrating really. That would be the perfect time to be able to leave with out losing all my mana. I think a fix for this would be to put more mana orbs out then it wouldn’t be so bad for me. I don’t know about the rest of the Wizards out there. But it’s mostly losing all the mana then having to waste more time trying to get it back. Anyway don’t hold your breath for KI to answer. If they do answer it will be something like we changed it because that’s the way we wanted it. I have been playing this game long enough to know that they only listen if it might cost them money.

Heather Icewhisper Level 60 Legendary Balance

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Thing is, if mana was that easy to regain, then you would end up with the same problem. People fleeing fights. I right now cannot really think of a good way to penalize fleeing, but to allow a choice when it comes to encounters.

The ONLY reason I am ever in an encounter is because of a quest, or some item I wish to farm. If I don't have my deck strategy down to where one extra mob would not make a difference, I will most likely NOT ever be in any fights. Unless it is accidental. At which point I'd like the option of a free flee.

I'd have to think about it, but definitely share my idea with KingsIsle once I come up with one.

Defender
May 05, 2010
There is another way, when you are stuck in a battle you don't want fight in you can log out then log in after that run to a sidewalk,

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Yea, I suppose you could, but I would consider taking this to an extreme technicality.

Having to undergo a complete play interruption just to avoid a battle seems, 'drastic' to me. I have never done it. Unless you are talking about exiting to the character select screen and logging back in from there?

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
There really needs to be an option to leave a battle without penalty. When you press flee, it should just let you leave if you're the only one in the battle. If there are other's in the battle, they could get a pop-up as well, such as: "Allow player 3 to leave?" If the other players say no, then you can't leave. Or maybe you could then flee the current way, and lose all of your health and mana.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
When a wizard gets caught in an unwanted battle, they bring in an additional enemy. Then, if that wizard flees, the extra enemy remains in the battle. To solve this, I suggest having the "Extra Enemy" flee with the fleeing wizard.

In regards to KI fixing the glitch:

Although it was convienient and I used it, I understand why they fixed it. Seriously, their job is to keep the game fair, and KI DOES listen and they DO hear us. For those of you who make comments like "They finally got something right" or "They never listen". I refer you to "Feedback Fridays"where they have created a place for us to help them fix things in the game. Also, if they are not listening and don't care then we wouldn't have this forum. There are over 15 million players, and all those people have different ideas and opinions.

I have played this game for 2 years now, and trust me THEY LISTEN!

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
woah i didnt know this glitch existed until i read this post o. o

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Gelwyn wrote:
There really needs to be an option to leave a battle without penalty. When you press flee, it should just let you leave if you're the only one in the battle. If there are other's in the battle, they could get a pop-up as well, such as: "Allow player 3 to leave?" If the other players say no, then you can't leave. Or maybe you could then flee the current way, and lose all of your health and mana.

That is a really good idea. Democratic fleeing.

Why not, KingsIsle, you read what Gelwyn wrote?

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Well you could always use the sidewalk. This is the only tutorial tip that I ever learned anything from (ADHD carries over to Wizard101 apparently)-

"Stay on the sidewalks dear, they are safe"
-Professor Greyrose

Soooooo.... Stay on the sidewalks. Ya I know, some places don't have them. Okay, so you stay to the edge of the area. They even dulled up Marleybone a bit so that it isn't what it used to be (you don't get dragged into battle even %20 what you used to). This really should be simple.

Explorer
Jun 01, 2010
Cheryl09 wrote:
CoopKoda wrote:

You just need to push the ESC button and then push quit. boom you are out of battle..

ellie
even if you do that when you log back in you get caught again...

Survivor
Nov 17, 2010
sunsword44 wrote:
Well you could always use the sidewalk. This is the only tutorial tip that I ever learned anything from (ADHD carries over to Wizard101 apparently)-

"Stay on the sidewalks dear, they are safe"
-Professor Greyrose

Soooooo.... Stay on the sidewalks. Ya I know, some places don't have them. Okay, so you stay to the edge of the area. They even dulled up Marleybone a bit so that it isn't what it used to be (you don't get dragged into battle even %20 what you used to). This really should be simple.

Sunsword44 I could not agree more with you! It is simple common sense in my opinion. And beside Marleybone and Mooshoo(these are the areas I had the most trouble with) but soon enough they are easy as they get.But there is always the problem of people just out of spite into your battle then fleeing! This problem is fixed now they have to flee then make there way back,but they can still mark the place. So I think(in my opinion) they should bring back the glitch!Pretty plz with a evil snowman on top?

Fiona FairyBreath
48 Grandmaster
Pyromancress