Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Krampus Key Problem

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
63
It's only day one for the holiday dungeon and already we are having a repeat of problems from holidays past.

If you are asking for help with a dungeon by starting a team up then YOU not anyone else should have what key is needed for that dungeon if it's a key room. Asking for help means you can't do the dungeon alone not that you can't do it at all which is the case if you have zero keys of any kind.

I tried over 10 times tonight to do Krampus where other people had started the team up so I expected that they actually had a key, because as stated above if you're asking for help then you should have what you need, not expect others to bring their limited items and use it on you. Only one time did someone actually have a key to do one of the Krampus fights.

There needs to be a way for the game to see if someone actually has a key in their inventory before allowing someone to start a team up for Krampus.

Not only is it rude to expect someone else to use their keys on you when they are being nice enough to help you out with the dungeon in the first place but you end up with groups of people who constantly have no keys or aren't willing to use their keys on people who can't do the dungeon they would prefer because the kiosk allows for all levels to apply for Krampus and all you have is a gold key but 3 people under level 20 and you at max in the group.

In other words you end up wasting everyone's time trying to actually find a team because people who start a team up don't have keys 90% of the time and your key is too high for them because it seems to be mostly lower level wizards who start team ups without keys.

This has been a problem for years now and there are threads about how something needs to be done to stop people from being greedy for other people's hard earned keys every year yet nothing so far has been done.

Please Please PLEASE! KI do something about how getting into this dungeon works so that you can actually do a Krampus run when you click to help people with this dungeon instead of having to listen to the person who started say they wanted you to have a key!

I will be posting this in both the dorms as an idea to improve the game and in Halston as it's also a month long problem every year with Krampus that I hope gets fixed soon.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2014
1314
Luvdogs99 on Dec 1, 2018 wrote:
It's only day one for the holiday dungeon and already we are having a repeat of problems from holidays past.

If you are asking for help with a dungeon by starting a team up then YOU not anyone else should have what key is needed for that dungeon if it's a key room. Asking for help means you can't do the dungeon alone not that you can't do it at all which is the case if you have zero keys of any kind.

I tried over 10 times tonight to do Krampus where other people had started the team up so I expected that they actually had a key, because as stated above if you're asking for help then you should have what you need, not expect others to bring their limited items and use it on you. Only one time did someone actually have a key to do one of the Krampus fights.

There needs to be a way for the game to see if someone actually has a key in their inventory before allowing someone to start a team up for Krampus.

Not only is it rude to expect someone else to use their keys on you when they are being nice enough to help you out with the dungeon in the first place but you end up with groups of people who constantly have no keys or aren't willing to use their keys on people who can't do the dungeon they would prefer because the kiosk allows for all levels to apply for Krampus and all you have is a gold key but 3 people under level 20 and you at max in the group.

In other words you end up wasting everyone's time trying to actually find a team because people who start a team up don't have keys 90% of the time and your key is too high for them because it seems to be mostly lower level wizards who start team ups without keys.

This has been a problem for years now and there are threads about how something needs to be done to stop people from being greedy for other people's hard earned keys every year yet nothing so far has been done.

Please Please PLEASE! KI do something about how getting into this dungeon works so that you can actually do a Krampus run when you click to help people with this dungeon instead of having to listen to the person who started say they wanted you to have a key!

I will be posting this in both the dorms as an idea to improve the game and in Halston as it's also a month long problem every year with Krampus that I hope gets fixed soon.
We can only start a team up for dungeons we can enter...if we don't have a key we can't enter! I totally agree that we should only be able to start a team up on key rooms if we have an appropriate key in our backpack.

Sparck, please could you pass this on to the KI team? Please, please solve this issue!

Explorer
Mar 09, 2011
77
Luvdogs I have not played in a few years I just started playing a couple of months ago again all my wizards are between level 35 & 40 though I have not starting playing the Krampus dungeon yet I have to agree with you though I have not been asked for help yet I would expect that if someone was asking for help with this particular dungeon they would at least have the key to access it not expect me to open up the dungeon they are the one asking for help just as if I were asking for help I would not even think of asking someone to use their key to open a dungeon especially if I was the one asking for help.

Again I agree with you 100% though it has not happened to me yet I can see where this can be a real head scratcher the ones asking for help and expecting you to use your key when they are the ones asking for help is the real are you kidding me question I would never ask someone to use their key if I were the one asking for help.

That's just me but I am sure a lot of players would agree with you on this point,that takes nerve to ask someone for help then on top if it ask them to use their own key!!!

Just my opinion but I agree with you

Geographer
Aug 23, 2016
902
This is why I DON'T help on Krampus.

Unfortunately it's a problem on nearly every single key dungeon. It's just more prevalent in December with Krampus.

Is there any way to code the dungeons that the requestor must have the key?

Steven Ghoststalker
130

Survivor
Jul 13, 2013
18
That is a good idea, but there are too many problems caused by that. Here’s my idea:
KI, please add a team-up function for the Yuletide dungeon where Levels 1-30, 31-60, 61-90, and 91+ people get in separately. While doing the Celestia one puts you with level 48+, We really need some sort of level classifying system. With the key thing, it’s really a community issue, but I guess KI could help in some way. Maybe have the place as an area and not a sigil (?). Also what does Krampus drop?

-Austin LifeFountain level 54 wizard in Celestia

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2014
1314
Alpaca127 on Dec 2, 2018 wrote:
That is a good idea, but there are too many problems caused by that. Here’s my idea:
KI, please add a team-up function for the Yuletide dungeon where Levels 1-30, 31-60, 61-90, and 91+ people get in separately. While doing the Celestia one puts you with level 48+, We really need some sort of level classifying system. With the key thing, it’s really a community issue, but I guess KI could help in some way. Maybe have the place as an area and not a sigil (?). Also what does Krampus drop?

-Austin LifeFountain level 54 wizard in Celestia
This could be coded into the 'key in backpack' scenario. Having a key determines ability to team up at all, the level of the key sets the level of the dungeon on the team up - selection of which key is to be used if they have multiple in their backpack. Then the key is there and the team up shows the level.

I really hope Sparck will at least put this to the team and see if they will consider doing it. The problems can all be easily solved with help from some magic coding!

Defender
Aug 03, 2015
147
Luvdogs99 on Dec 1, 2018 wrote:
It's only day one for the holiday dungeon and already we are having a repeat of problems from holidays past.

If you are asking for help with a dungeon by starting a team up then YOU not anyone else should have what key is needed for that dungeon if it's a key room. Asking for help means you can't do the dungeon alone not that you can't do it at all which is the case if you have zero keys of any kind.

I tried over 10 times tonight to do Krampus where other people had started the team up so I expected that they actually had a key, because as stated above if you're asking for help then you should have what you need, not expect others to bring their limited items and use it on you. Only one time did someone actually have a key to do one of the Krampus fights.

There needs to be a way for the game to see if someone actually has a key in their inventory before allowing someone to start a team up for Krampus.

Not only is it rude to expect someone else to use their keys on you when they are being nice enough to help you out with the dungeon in the first place but you end up with groups of people who constantly have no keys or aren't willing to use their keys on people who can't do the dungeon they would prefer because the kiosk allows for all levels to apply for Krampus and all you have is a gold key but 3 people under level 20 and you at max in the group.

In other words you end up wasting everyone's time trying to actually find a team because people who start a team up don't have keys 90% of the time and your key is too high for them because it seems to be mostly lower level wizards who start team ups without keys.

This has been a problem for years now and there are threads about how something needs to be done to stop people from being greedy for other people's hard earned keys every year yet nothing so far has been done.

Please Please PLEASE! KI do something about how getting into this dungeon works so that you can actually do a Krampus run when you click to help people with this dungeon instead of having to listen to the person who started say they wanted you to have a key!

I will be posting this in both the dorms as an idea to improve the game and in Halston as it's also a month long problem every year with Krampus that I hope gets fixed soon.
I have to disagree with you.

The world's a very imperfect place and that is a fact that we all have to live with. Just because the requester doesn't have a key, doesn't mean KI has to spend their time implementing in a system which will generally make things more complicated considering they have other things that the community would rather them work on, like PVP. The requester having a key all ready is courtesy yes, but you signed up to help that person and a low level wizard, at lvl 30 may not have a key. (Because KT, MB, M and DS don't have many bosses which drop keys).

One max with 3 low level wizards is perfectly fine. Get in the Christmas spirit and help them farm a boss which could drop useful loot at a low level. Say your a max storm, you can just bugs or use lord no problem and i'm sure the other wizards would help out a lot more than you think if you communicate to them in a nice way (e.g tc feints, blades etc).

All in all, I do see this as a problem sometimes as to people who purposely troll the dungeon just to annoy us and I have been in that situation before. I suggest KI removes the 10 min timer you get if you leave first. Just my opinion.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2018
32
I do like this system for Skeleton Key roomsm make sure that the person has one before they challenge.
As for Krampus drops, here's the wiki page:
www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Krampus
(Tier 6 is wood)

Historian
Mar 16, 2012
691
Trigon101060 on Dec 3, 2018 wrote:
I have to disagree with you.

The world's a very imperfect place and that is a fact that we all have to live with. Just because the requester doesn't have a key, doesn't mean KI has to spend their time implementing in a system which will generally make things more complicated considering they have other things that the community would rather them work on, like PVP. The requester having a key all ready is courtesy yes, but you signed up to help that person and a low level wizard, at lvl 30 may not have a key. (Because KT, MB, M and DS don't have many bosses which drop keys).

One max with 3 low level wizards is perfectly fine. Get in the Christmas spirit and help them farm a boss which could drop useful loot at a low level. Say your a max storm, you can just bugs or use lord no problem and i'm sure the other wizards would help out a lot more than you think if you communicate to them in a nice way (e.g tc feints, blades etc).

All in all, I do see this as a problem sometimes as to people who purposely troll the dungeon just to annoy us and I have been in that situation before. I suggest KI removes the 10 min timer you get if you leave first. Just my opinion.
These players are in the Christmas Spirit, they're very willing to help players with a difficult side content dungeon. And is it part of the "Christmas Spirit" to leech off others for your entertainment? If you want those drops, and want help, then you should be ready to use those keys you have; and if you don't have them, don't expect others to practically gift theirs to you.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2014
1314
Trigon101060 on Dec 3, 2018 wrote:
I have to disagree with you.

The world's a very imperfect place and that is a fact that we all have to live with. Just because the requester doesn't have a key, doesn't mean KI has to spend their time implementing in a system which will generally make things more complicated considering they have other things that the community would rather them work on, like PVP. The requester having a key all ready is courtesy yes, but you signed up to help that person and a low level wizard, at lvl 30 may not have a key. (Because KT, MB, M and DS don't have many bosses which drop keys).

One max with 3 low level wizards is perfectly fine. Get in the Christmas spirit and help them farm a boss which could drop useful loot at a low level. Say your a max storm, you can just bugs or use lord no problem and i'm sure the other wizards would help out a lot more than you think if you communicate to them in a nice way (e.g tc feints, blades etc).

All in all, I do see this as a problem sometimes as to people who purposely troll the dungeon just to annoy us and I have been in that situation before. I suggest KI removes the 10 min timer you get if you leave first. Just my opinion.
I don't agree with this.

'The world's a very imperfect place and that is a fact that we all have to live with' - it's human nature to identify problems and look for solutions. We even look at solutions to problems and find ourselves looking for better solutions. The OP is not just identifying a problem but offering a solution.

The team up feature has been altered several times to improve it. Loremaster can only be accessed via team up if the person is level appropriate; we can no longer see the stats of the team members until we been teleported in; people joining from the kiosk only get credit for helping if the requester is in battle...there is no reason to think it is too much or too complicated to ask for the key dungeons to require a key in the backpack of the requester and to be split into identifiable team ups according to level.

'One max with 3 low level wizards is perfectly fine' - not when none of them have appropriate keys, like the scenario presented. The max only has gold keys and the team need wood, but none of them have them. A single max wizard can't carry 3 low level wizards through a max dungeon. If the requester needs keys they should first team up on a dungeon that drops keys - we'll help them there too, but going into 10 instances (as the OP describes) only to find no-one has keys and gold keys are too high level is frustrating and wastes game play time.

'Get in the Christmas spirit and help them farm a boss which could drop useful loot at a low level' - that's exactly what the OP is trying to do! It's completely in the Christmas spirit to want these changes so helping is EASIER and wizards asking for help get it because as it is we're avoiding team up on this dungeon.

The solution is for the requester to have a key in their backpack and the level be displayed for those joining the team. If they can't get more keys they can still join as a helper!

Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
63
Trigon101060 on Dec 3, 2018 wrote:
I have to disagree with you.

The world's a very imperfect place and that is a fact that we all have to live with. Just because the requester doesn't have a key, doesn't mean KI has to spend their time implementing in a system which will generally make things more complicated considering they have other things that the community would rather them work on, like PVP. The requester having a key all ready is courtesy yes, but you signed up to help that person and a low level wizard, at lvl 30 may not have a key. (Because KT, MB, M and DS don't have many bosses which drop keys).

One max with 3 low level wizards is perfectly fine. Get in the Christmas spirit and help them farm a boss which could drop useful loot at a low level. Say your a max storm, you can just bugs or use lord no problem and i'm sure the other wizards would help out a lot more than you think if you communicate to them in a nice way (e.g tc feints, blades etc).

All in all, I do see this as a problem sometimes as to people who purposely troll the dungeon just to annoy us and I have been in that situation before. I suggest KI removes the 10 min timer you get if you leave first. Just my opinion.
Your first paragraph completely missed my point which is if you don't have a key you should not be starting team up for a key dungeon. It wastes everyone's time when a wizard of any level not just low (low just seems to be more common with Krampus) doesn't have a key and starts a team up expecting someone else to use their key that they possibly farmed very hard for on them.

This isn't only a problem for Krampus but all key rooms. It's tiring to do any key dungeon only to find out that person who started doesn't have a key and no one else does either because it was a team up and they expected the starter to have it. Then you get punished for leaving.

While low level wizards may not have many key bosses they do have some and it's possible to get keys from them as long as you are the right level to have the dungeons unlocked. The lower level dungeons like Pagoda of Harmony and Barkingham can be done multiple times and bosses not in key rooms drop keys.

I never said a max with low levels wasn't fine I just said that if your are max and they are low it can be impossible to use your key. Max level or not you cannot solo gold key krampus and 3 low levels will not be able to help you or stay alive. I have helped many low level with wood or stone Krampus and have no problem with it. But for a level 10 wizard to start a team up then expect me to use my only key which is gold on them when they cannot actually help me fight nor can they stay alive during the battle is NOT okay and this seems to happen A LOT with Krampus.

Also nothing about putting in a system that checks your pack to see if you have a key would be making anything more complicated for the dungeon. You'd still use team up it would just check to see you have a key.I don't think that would be very hard for a programmer to do since there are a lot less key rooms than dungeons and many other games have a system like this in place anyway for special dungeons so it's not like its never been done before.

Defender
Aug 03, 2015
147
Luvdogs99 on Dec 4, 2018 wrote:
Your first paragraph completely missed my point which is if you don't have a key you should not be starting team up for a key dungeon. It wastes everyone's time when a wizard of any level not just low (low just seems to be more common with Krampus) doesn't have a key and starts a team up expecting someone else to use their key that they possibly farmed very hard for on them.

This isn't only a problem for Krampus but all key rooms. It's tiring to do any key dungeon only to find out that person who started doesn't have a key and no one else does either because it was a team up and they expected the starter to have it. Then you get punished for leaving.

While low level wizards may not have many key bosses they do have some and it's possible to get keys from them as long as you are the right level to have the dungeons unlocked. The lower level dungeons like Pagoda of Harmony and Barkingham can be done multiple times and bosses not in key rooms drop keys.

I never said a max with low levels wasn't fine I just said that if your are max and they are low it can be impossible to use your key. Max level or not you cannot solo gold key krampus and 3 low levels will not be able to help you or stay alive. I have helped many low level with wood or stone Krampus and have no problem with it. But for a level 10 wizard to start a team up then expect me to use my only key which is gold on them when they cannot actually help me fight nor can they stay alive during the battle is NOT okay and this seems to happen A LOT with Krampus.

Also nothing about putting in a system that checks your pack to see if you have a key would be making anything more complicated for the dungeon. You'd still use team up it would just check to see you have a key.I don't think that would be very hard for a programmer to do since there are a lot less key rooms than dungeons and many other games have a system like this in place anyway for special dungeons so it's not like its never been done before.
Ok I see where your coming from.

My main concern is the new system that you guys keep on suggesting. How exactly will it work? I'm not exactly sure how the game will know if you have a key or not just by simply pressing a button. Let's do a scenario.

Your looking into the kiosk and you find a team of 3 wizards ready to do Krampus. You push the team up button and your about the enter, but a message pops up on your screen rejecting you from entering the instance because you don't have a key. Now the wizards only have 3 wizards and some dungeons require 4 wizards to complete. Now one of the 3 wizards gets mad and decides to leave, thus receiving a 10 minute timer. Then the other 2 wizards get annoyed and leave, thus wasting their time.

Now before you comment about preventing you from entering BEFORE you press the button, there's no possible way the game will automatically know if you have a key or not before you press the button.

Heres another concern.

Say your farming Aphrodite, and the cost for the dungeon is a gold key. Now you say that the system will only let you in if you have a key. But you could have a wooden and stone key but not a gold one. I have concerns about this system because KI will have to code it down to every little bit of detail to fit your expectations.

Other concerns of mine could be entering the the actual sigil and lying about having a gold key. The solution would relate to my concern regarding the first paragraph. The other would be if a wizard has agreed to the dungeon with their friend but because they don't have a key, they can't do the run with their friend and the community will generally see this as "unfair".

I understand this is a serious problem, which is why I propose on removing the 10 minute penalty. Maybe a future feature of communication where you can see the wizards backpack or something might be considered but until then, we just have to journey on the rough road.

Historian
Mar 16, 2012
691
Trigon101060 on Dec 5, 2018 wrote:
Ok I see where your coming from.

My main concern is the new system that you guys keep on suggesting. How exactly will it work? I'm not exactly sure how the game will know if you have a key or not just by simply pressing a button. Let's do a scenario.

Your looking into the kiosk and you find a team of 3 wizards ready to do Krampus. You push the team up button and your about the enter, but a message pops up on your screen rejecting you from entering the instance because you don't have a key. Now the wizards only have 3 wizards and some dungeons require 4 wizards to complete. Now one of the 3 wizards gets mad and decides to leave, thus receiving a 10 minute timer. Then the other 2 wizards get annoyed and leave, thus wasting their time.

Now before you comment about preventing you from entering BEFORE you press the button, there's no possible way the game will automatically know if you have a key or not before you press the button.

Heres another concern.

Say your farming Aphrodite, and the cost for the dungeon is a gold key. Now you say that the system will only let you in if you have a key. But you could have a wooden and stone key but not a gold one. I have concerns about this system because KI will have to code it down to every little bit of detail to fit your expectations.

Other concerns of mine could be entering the the actual sigil and lying about having a gold key. The solution would relate to my concern regarding the first paragraph. The other would be if a wizard has agreed to the dungeon with their friend but because they don't have a key, they can't do the run with their friend and the community will generally see this as "unfair".

I understand this is a serious problem, which is why I propose on removing the 10 minute penalty. Maybe a future feature of communication where you can see the wizards backpack or something might be considered but until then, we just have to journey on the rough road.
It seems that you don't quite understand how this suggestion is implemented. Only the one asking for a team-up is required to have a key, not any of the joining wizards. It is on the one asking for help that a key is needed for the dungeon.
And if they're asking for help on that specific gold key dungeon, then the player asking for help must have the appropriate key.
Each sigil is coded for a certain key, it would not be very hard for a code to check your inventory to see if you have the right key. It does this now in solo situations - you can't enter unless you have the right key.

Suggestions to make that rough road smoother is what human progress is all about.

Post Edit: My pardons, I meant to say each lock is coded to a certain key.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2014
1314
Trigon101060 on Dec 5, 2018 wrote:
Ok I see where your coming from.

My main concern is the new system that you guys keep on suggesting. How exactly will it work? I'm not exactly sure how the game will know if you have a key or not just by simply pressing a button. Let's do a scenario.

Your looking into the kiosk and you find a team of 3 wizards ready to do Krampus. You push the team up button and your about the enter, but a message pops up on your screen rejecting you from entering the instance because you don't have a key. Now the wizards only have 3 wizards and some dungeons require 4 wizards to complete. Now one of the 3 wizards gets mad and decides to leave, thus receiving a 10 minute timer. Then the other 2 wizards get annoyed and leave, thus wasting their time.

Now before you comment about preventing you from entering BEFORE you press the button, there's no possible way the game will automatically know if you have a key or not before you press the button.

Heres another concern.

Say your farming Aphrodite, and the cost for the dungeon is a gold key. Now you say that the system will only let you in if you have a key. But you could have a wooden and stone key but not a gold one. I have concerns about this system because KI will have to code it down to every little bit of detail to fit your expectations.

Other concerns of mine could be entering the the actual sigil and lying about having a gold key. The solution would relate to my concern regarding the first paragraph. The other would be if a wizard has agreed to the dungeon with their friend but because they don't have a key, they can't do the run with their friend and the community will generally see this as "unfair".

I understand this is a serious problem, which is why I propose on removing the 10 minute penalty. Maybe a future feature of communication where you can see the wizards backpack or something might be considered but until then, we just have to journey on the rough road.
Having a key in your backpack will only apply to the person starting a team up. There is no need for anyone helping to have one if the person asking for help has one.

Anyone can do a dungeon as a helper through the kiosk once they've done the dungeon once, so they only need to get one key to start a team up before they are able to just join other people's as helpers.

Much of the Krampus issue is that everyone has access to the dungeon and wants to do it but many are starting team ups without having a key available, leading to entire teams being ported in without access to the battle.

The fact is that free to play wizards can still get wooden keys by farming Lord Nightshade and through the 12 days of Christmas key code or just by joining people on the sigil. Even F2P wizards can get as many wooden keys as they need so all their wizards are able to join a team up when they don't have keys left themselves!

Checking for a key in the backpack happens when we approach the lock, it can certainly check for a key when we click team-up.

The second issue is the level of dungeon being known to anyone joining - this is a feature we've been begging for in things like Mount Olympus since team up began. Mount Olympus is home to the level 30 Zeus dungeon AND the level 90 secret boss. As key rooms have been added to dungeons we've continued to ask for a way to determine which part of the dungeon the requester is looking for help with.

It's ALL about being able to help people more effectively and assisting in connecting teams who want the same things

Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
63
Trigon101060 on Dec 5, 2018 wrote:
Ok I see where your coming from.

My main concern is the new system that you guys keep on suggesting. How exactly will it work? I'm not exactly sure how the game will know if you have a key or not just by simply pressing a button. Let's do a scenario.

Your looking into the kiosk and you find a team of 3 wizards ready to do Krampus. You push the team up button and your about the enter, but a message pops up on your screen rejecting you from entering the instance because you don't have a key. Now the wizards only have 3 wizards and some dungeons require 4 wizards to complete. Now one of the 3 wizards gets mad and decides to leave, thus receiving a 10 minute timer. Then the other 2 wizards get annoyed and leave, thus wasting their time.

Now before you comment about preventing you from entering BEFORE you press the button, there's no possible way the game will automatically know if you have a key or not before you press the button.

Heres another concern.

Say your farming Aphrodite, and the cost for the dungeon is a gold key. Now you say that the system will only let you in if you have a key. But you could have a wooden and stone key but not a gold one. I have concerns about this system because KI will have to code it down to every little bit of detail to fit your expectations.

Other concerns of mine could be entering the the actual sigil and lying about having a gold key. The solution would relate to my concern regarding the first paragraph. The other would be if a wizard has agreed to the dungeon with their friend but because they don't have a key, they can't do the run with their friend and the community will generally see this as "unfair".

I understand this is a serious problem, which is why I propose on removing the 10 minute penalty. Maybe a future feature of communication where you can see the wizards backpack or something might be considered but until then, we just have to journey on the rough road.
That scenario would only occur if the system was checking to see if EVERYONE had a key. That's not what we're asking for. We're asking for the system to check if the person starting the team up, the FIRST person has key. And it's possible to code games to check if you have an item in your inventory many games already do something like this for special events.

This means that as soon as they press the button the system would check their pack to see if they have a key and if they didn't the team up would not appear on the kiosk because they would not be allowed to start one. Instead they'd get some sort of message saying they don't have what's required to start that team up, thus no one else would be able to see it because it wouldn't happen. This is much simpler, if you can't start a team up because you don't have a key then your whole scenario never occurs and no one gets a penalty for leaving.

Aphrodite and keyrooms inside other dungeons are different from any other key room in the game. They are part of another dungeon so really you can't apply this change to them but they don't need it. If you are running darkmoor or Pagoda of Harmony then you are the appropriate level to do the key dungeons in them. I'd still bring a key for them though if you'd like to do it and the other people running the rest of the dungeon agree to do it with you. Don't expect a random person who just wants to do all of part 3 of darkmoor to have a key to do aphrodite before moving on. But most people wait outside part 3 anyway and advertise that they are doing a plant run so again the system for key rooms not inside other dungeons like Omen or Ra doesn't really need to be applied here.

While entering the sigils and lying is a problem that's not what were asking to be fixed here. We just want team up for these dungeons to not be able to happen if the person trying to start it doesn't have a key. Since sigils aren't team up checking a pack for a key would not happen in that scenario.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
63
Trigon101060 on Dec 5, 2018 wrote:
Ok I see where your coming from.

My main concern is the new system that you guys keep on suggesting. How exactly will it work? I'm not exactly sure how the game will know if you have a key or not just by simply pressing a button. Let's do a scenario.

Your looking into the kiosk and you find a team of 3 wizards ready to do Krampus. You push the team up button and your about the enter, but a message pops up on your screen rejecting you from entering the instance because you don't have a key. Now the wizards only have 3 wizards and some dungeons require 4 wizards to complete. Now one of the 3 wizards gets mad and decides to leave, thus receiving a 10 minute timer. Then the other 2 wizards get annoyed and leave, thus wasting their time.

Now before you comment about preventing you from entering BEFORE you press the button, there's no possible way the game will automatically know if you have a key or not before you press the button.

Heres another concern.

Say your farming Aphrodite, and the cost for the dungeon is a gold key. Now you say that the system will only let you in if you have a key. But you could have a wooden and stone key but not a gold one. I have concerns about this system because KI will have to code it down to every little bit of detail to fit your expectations.

Other concerns of mine could be entering the the actual sigil and lying about having a gold key. The solution would relate to my concern regarding the first paragraph. The other would be if a wizard has agreed to the dungeon with their friend but because they don't have a key, they can't do the run with their friend and the community will generally see this as "unfair".

I understand this is a serious problem, which is why I propose on removing the 10 minute penalty. Maybe a future feature of communication where you can see the wizards backpack or something might be considered but until then, we just have to journey on the rough road.
Just thought of this for your concerns with coding. You forget that the game already knows what keys you do or don't have. If it didn't they wouldn't show in your inventory at all. In a way the system we want added to the team up function for key rooms not inside other dungeons also already exists in the game just not for team up.

Jewel socketing is a good example. You have to have a certain type of wrench to open the jewel sockets depending on what level the gear is that you want to put jewels in. When you click on open all sockets the game pops up with the correct wrench if you have it and a pay crowns option. So basically at the click of a button the game checks your pack then shows you if you have the correct wrench. If you do not then the wrench button will be faded out and the game won't let you use that option.

Considering there are more than 3 types of wrenches I don't think asking for KI to check for 3 types of keys is even close to how complicated you are trying to make it sound. Especially since they have already proven they CAN do something like it already with a different system.

The only real difference here is that we want that system to apply to using the team up button on key rooms outside of dungeons. When you click team up for a key dungeon the game will check your pack for an appropriate key for the room the same as it would for a wrench and if it finds it the team up will go through and appear on the kiosk. If it doesn't you could receive a message saying you don't have what's needed to start the team up.

Or since the game does already know what keys you have in your pack before you press the button, again how else does it show up in your inventory if the game can't tell you have one, the team up button could just be faded out and not be able to be clicked if you don't have the key needed. Doing that would be more complicated and your coding concerns might apply then. But it's still a possibility if KI wanted to take time to do it.