Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kirin's Hoard gear trivia

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 20, 2008
The breastplates include a back banner that is a copy of the banner from the movie "The Seven Samurai" aka "The Magnificent Seven".

The armor very closely resembles the armor worn by Captain Ahlgren (Tom Cruise) in the movie The Last Samurai. Kozane armor in particular is colored like the "red samurai" armor from the movie.

Rokogu armor might be a homage to the CCG Legend of the Five Rings, which is set in a land called Rokugon.

Anyone noticed any other interesting things about the Kirin's Hoard?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Wow, I did not know that.

I know I've seen the Kirin mount face somewhere before.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Survivor
Nov 21, 2010

From what mythology/story does Kirin come from?

If you want mythology, the Kirin resembles the Unicorn.

Also there is a series of stories, which an anime is based on, called The Twelve Kingdoms.
There are characters in there that take human form. But their true form is that of a Kirin.

Now I realize that the Kirin doesn't look exactly like a Unicorn.
But that, I would base on cultural differences.

Take for example the Dragon. In western culture it is a sign of power and destruction. It carries a huge body with a long tail and enormous wings.

In eastern culture, the Dragon is a sign of great power, but not of destruction, but of prosperity and good fortune. Their body is long, more in a shape of a snake or serpent.

If anybody could add to this, it would be appreciated.