Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

KI! Why is there a Damage Cap? O.o

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
So I know when I was trying to see what the damage cap was I ended up at 999,999. I remember back in 2009 you could reach higher then that.

So what I'm asking to KI or anyone who might know is why is there a damage cap now?

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
have you ever seen someone with higher health than that? but i agree. it used to be a challenge to see how high you can hit

Survivor
Mar 22, 2012
And why on earth you don't like a damage cap? XD Defeating a opponent with a spell that does 25,000 damage is not enough for you?

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
Actually some people take the time to see how high they can hit with either their strongest spell with every trap, tc, ic, they can get their hands on or they use their weakest card with every buff they can do to see how high their damage can go. When I don't have any quest to do and I got enough reagents to make the crafted gear I want and more then I go around seeing the highest damage I can do with spells. :\ After Ofcourse I Rearrange my house, clear my inventory, and have no friends to help.

Level 70 Transcended Diviner Jeffery LionCaller

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
to the best of my knowledge if you go so far beyond the damage cap you will get a damage that has a negative sign in fron of it. I am not sure if this counts as healing the target or positive damage on the target or it has no effect on the target. I also do not know if this is patched but last time i checked it wasnt.

Kevin deaththorn level 70 storm

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
Ghaladh wrote:
And why on earth you don't like a damage cap? XD Defeating a opponent with a spell that does 25,000 damage is not enough for you?

I'm not trying to kill a boss/creature :p I'm simply trying to reach a personal goal of the best single hit for my character. A little selfish of me though I suppose :(

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
The max you can do is 1 million, you're one damage lower lol, SO CLOSE! KI changed the damage cap because you could achieve negative numbers back then, resulting into further wizard101 glitches including damage numbers and such.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
joujou11cool wrote:
The max you can do is 1 million, you're one damage lower lol, SO CLOSE! KI changed the damage cap because you could achieve negative numbers back then, resulting into further wizard101 glitches including damage numbers and such.

Ooh! Now that's the information I was looking for. Thanks Joujou11cool.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
I think that if you go 2x over the damage limit, it might show the damage as -______(negative damage).