Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

KI staffers in-game

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
A while back I had something happen that has me wondering... do KI staff members play the game in the normal realm as a form of "quality control"? And if they do, do they also have the ability to "tweak" instances? I was in the Loremaster instance along with one other player and the player made a comment that both the Life Font and the Loremaster were going to critical on their next casts. I've battled the Loremaster literally hundreds of times and have NEVER seen a critical from her or her minions. In fact, I don't even think she has the ability to critical. At any rate, the next round both the Life Font and the Loremaster both went critical. This was the first and last time I've ever seen this happen. Before I could question the other player about his possible affiliation with KI, he fled the fight.
So I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar?

Administrator
Hello,

Yes, we play the game on the normal realm both to test things and for fun.

It was just a coincidence that this player guessed the critical. Making a critical occur on the live game in the middle of a battle with other players is not something that a KI staff member could (or frankly would) do.

community@wizard101.com
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Jan 27, 2016 wrote:
Hello,

Yes, we play the game on the normal realm both to test things and for fun.

It was just a coincidence that this player guessed the critical. Making a critical occur on the live game in the middle of a battle with other players is not something that a KI staff member could (or frankly would) do.
I appreciate the response! What remains a mystery is how the critical(s) occurred. Like I said, it was the first and last time I've ever seen it happen and it just seemed like quite the coincidence that the other player even mentioned it before it happened. I guess maybe I slipped through the cracks of reality into some sort of cosmic bunny hole.