Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jumping

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 25, 2009
Have any of you actually made use of jumping in the game? I haven't came across in instance where I needed to use it. Plus, even when I do jump on something that is a higher level, there's like an invisible wall preventing me!

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
erykahfairy wrote:
Have any of you actually made use of jumping in the game? I haven't came across in instance where I needed to use it. Plus, even when I do jump on something that is a higher level, there's like an invisible wall preventing me!

the jumping button aka space bar doesnt do anything besides make ya jump for no reason whats so ever

now if your talking about jumping in a dungeon aka porting to a friend ahead to skip fights
will work in dungeons besides tower of helephant and water works

hope this this helped

Survivor
Jul 06, 2011
erykahfairy wrote:

This is an observation I have made, as well. Perhaps it was implemented in design before they knew it wouldn't be used. I jump sometimes while I'm running, for no good reason.

Maybe, they put it in because it would be easier to have it and not need it, than to not have it and need it in the future.

Explorer
Mar 27, 2011
there is an interview of W101 designers on one of the fan sites about this. Basicly they said that, although this game doesn't require to jump at any stage, it is an axiom that a game's character must be able to jump; so they made us able to even if it is for no reason.

Well, when you run pet derby you need jumping anyway, so at least it has some use..

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
So jumping is just an aesthetic. Haha. I find it amusing that I can jump next to an ankle high obstacle yet still be incapable of clearing such a thing. Ah well.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Hero
Jul 27, 2009

oph i like cause i like to jump on the enemy from behind makes more fun and i laugh too when i watch my character stiffly slide in to the ring of battle