Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I've seen these spells, can I get them?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
Hi there
realative new player, Storm/Life, level 20. That's me, now the problem;

I have see the Storm Elf and I have see the Storm Spider thingie (it was not a scorpion, it was a spider). Now, where do I find them to include them in my catalog.

Bonus; question; being a Storm I understand that I have the power of a hand grenade but the accuracy of a wiffle ball bat. Is there Gear that can REALLY help with accuracy?

I've seen buffs for damage (the fist), defense (the shield), health (red mushroom, it looks like a mushroom) Mana (Blue mushroom thingie). I have seen a buff for some square thing, but don't know what that one was (you learn stuff just browsing the Bazaar). I figure it would be a target of some type, but haven't seen it. the Accuracy buff is out there, right? like Big Foot, Loch Ness, and Big Headed Leprachans......

"When the going gets tough, the Weird turn Pro!"

Seth Stormwalker, level 20, Spell Flail-er Extrodinaire

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
ok, several days old and no answers? I find that hard to believe....someone must know something or where I can look?

Defender
Dec 23, 2008
Wyldmoor wrote:
I have see the Storm Elf and I have see the Storm Spider thingie (it was not a scorpion, it was a spider). Now, where do I find them to include them in my catalog.

You're describing variations of Fire Elf and Ice Beetle. You can create those via the "Mutate ..." treasure cards, but only if you've already learned the base spells. (Wands and treasure cards don't count.)

Wyldmoor wrote:
Bonus; question; being a Storm I understand that I have the power of a hand grenade but the accuracy of a wiffle ball bat. Is there Gear that can REALLY help with accuracy?

Depends on your definition of "REALLY". Instead of outfitting yourself with purely +MAXHP gear, look for the stuff that also (or only) boosts accuracy. You're not going to get a huge difference with just one item, but if your hat, coat and shoes all give a boost, you can get a pretty significant increase to accuracy.

Wyldmoor wrote:
I have seen a buff for some square thing, but don't know what that one was (you learn stuff just browsing the Bazaar). I figure it would be a target of some type, but haven't seen it. the Accuracy buff is out there, right?

Accuracy looks like a little bullseye. I saw the square thing for the first time the other day, and I just can't remember what it was. I only recall that it took a little head scratching to figure it out.

Defender
May 28, 2009
The Storm Elf (and I'm not really sure about the "Spider Thingy") is a mutation of fire elf. Mutate and Mutated cards can be found as drops or bought at the bazaar in the enchantment area of treasure cards. These are still school specific meaning that you will need to find a storm spell that will mutate a normal storm card into a different elemental spell.

Yes there are accuracy buffs for storm. There are all types of gear that will assist you in boosting your accuracy. However, storm accuracy is still not given any "Extra" boost. This is done because storm wizards are supposed to have low accuracy in order to balance the high damage. Other things that you can do to boost your accuracy on specific spells include bringing a balance wizard along who can cast an accuracy buff onto you right before you cast the spell in question, and using cards like Keen Eyes, Accurate, and Sniper which have 10%, 15%, and 20% respectively. Those cards are enchantments that allow you to boost the accuracy of any given Non 100% spell by the amount specified on the card. So with gear you should be able to get about 10% plus with the help of a balance wiz you can get an extra 10% plus with Sniper you can get another 20% and ultimately get Wild Bolt up to around 50% accurate.

As far as the square buff is concerned; I believe you are referring to Power Pip chance. If you look at the icon very carefully you will understand what I am talking about. There are two types of this type of Icon. The first is what you mentioned which boosts or buffs your power pips chance and the other is used primarily on blades to indicate that either a regular pip or power pip is given when you start a match. This allow wizards to start with two pips either regular or power in the first round. I hope that answers all your questions. Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
Thanks alot, very very informative. Time to go looking, now that I know what I'm looking for.

Hero
May 19, 2009
the storm spider you are talking about is not a spider. It is the mutate rain beetle treasure card, it is a storm variation of the frost beetle.