Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Isn't Life's damage too low?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 07, 2012
Hi guys,

I'm pretty sure I'm talking about a topic a lot of other people have brought up. But, well. I have a level 75 life wizard, I was doing some quests, I put on a lot of blades and traps and so. Afterwards, I hit, did around 3,000 damage. Compared to my balance wizard at level 38, she could do around 4,000. 30 level different, and the lower level can do more damage?
What I put on my life wizard: Lifeblade, 40% Lifeblade, Spirit Blade, Amplify, Spirit Trap, and Life Trap.
I attacked with Forest Lord.
What I put on my balance wizard: Feint, Hex, Balanceblade, Bladestorm
I attacked with Judgement.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
That seems odd. What is your life's gear? How many pips did your balance have? Did your balance use a tc enchant?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
First off, you are comparing an AOE to a single hit spell, a single hit spell will always do more damage. Second, I am unsure why everyone wants every school to be the same, this would just get rid of the reason why schools are different in the first place.

As far as balance vs. life, life actually gets more damage just be the sheer fact that their blades are higher.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2014
Fiona FairySong on May 14, 2017 wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm pretty sure I'm talking about a topic a lot of other people have brought up. But, well. I have a level 75 life wizard, I was doing some quests, I put on a lot of blades and traps and so. Afterwards, I hit, did around 3,000 damage. Compared to my balance wizard at level 38, she could do around 4,000. 30 level different, and the lower level can do more damage?
What I put on my life wizard: Lifeblade, 40% Lifeblade, Spirit Blade, Amplify, Spirit Trap, and Life Trap.
judgment is a stronger spell because of x pip amount and feint is 70% trap that why you hit stronger then your life

forest lord is a all hit so it dose less damage then one hits normaly do and your were using blade yes blades are strong but when it comes to feint trap blades almost add up to the same amount so unless you were also spamming traps and sharpens on your blades and trap and also put a boost on your forest lord then it would be weaker then judgment because judgement is x pip added player damage and you used a feint added your blades and hex

currently all the school are balance out

storm has high damage no longer fizzle but health wise is weaker then any school
has great health but less damage and resistance also most spell are health based spells this school is weaker in attacking enemy's and deafened off enemy's
great health and resistance poor damage unless you spam blades and traps
good at hitting and gaining health not good for group play mostly solo class and also most of it spell affects or takes away health from self
well rounded school but also not really good in any ok damage ok resistance ok health can't really be block unless by tower
great for buffing and summoning not to great in damage health is ok and so is resistance
good in power and resistance down side is most spell use over time damage and the ones that don't aren't as heavy hitter but still hit good and you have to be able to wait and time spell correctly to really use this class

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
Fiona FairySong on May 14, 2017 wrote:
Hi guys,

I don't know how much your life gear gives, but life damage is very low cause we are a school of healing. Damage is usually not expected to be high, but in your case, I see your point (I am assuming you use the same amount of pips of judgement as forest lord). This is unfair as damage should equal as you lvl up.

Alejandro

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
You've compared a fixed pip attack-all to an X-pip single target. Apples <> oranges.

Life can hit quite hard at high levels, but those are very different spells.

Defender
Dec 07, 2012
I realize I might be overthinking this, but well.

Life gear:
helm: waterworks hat
robe: waterworks robe
boots: altantea boots

I really don't remember too well what the pips were, but I think it was almost full. Pretty sure it was 5 power pips. That was probably why, because of the pips.

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
I am a level 91 fire mage, mediocre gear (Wintertusk with an Avalon helm). I recently had a temporary alliance with a life mage of similar level to get through a couple of Azteca quests...and honestly the life mage was doing more damage than me. Of course in my defense the main boss on that fight was a fire mage, but still the life mage more than held his own.

I wasn't trying to compete or anything with them, but I certainly can say they were not lacking punch in their attacks.

Just saying, I have seen several examples of life mages who are not weak. I would suggest learning feint, star magic damage boosters and sun magic damage boosters. An amplify, colossal enchant and a few stacked blades and traps and you can probably boost your damage to do way more than 4000 damage. Through strategic uses of blades, TC blades, traps and feints I was doing 30-40k damage against some bosses at level 75.