Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is there a way to turn off character deleting??

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
I let my child play on my account and she deleted my high-level character!!! Is there an option that allows me to turn off character deleting? I really don't want this to happen again!

Administrator
Hello,

There is not an option to turn of deletion of characters. But if you send an email to support@wizard101.com, they might be able to assist you with the lost character.

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
CindyBunny03 on Jul 31, 2015 wrote:
I let my child play on my account and she deleted my high-level character!!! Is there an option that allows me to turn off character deleting? I really don't want this to happen again!
sorry to hear about your wizard, op. but this is why the devs warn us against sharing accounts, even with our own friends and family members.

(note the disclaimer on the game launcher that says "do not give anyone your password~ you will lose your wizard forever")

i once had my friend's 4 year-old daughter stay with me for a few days, and she wanted to play with my wizards... but i have 3 max-level characters and was concerned that she might delete them by accident. so i made her an account of her own and gave my friend the password so that she could control the settings on the account once they returned home.

depending on how old she is, you may want to give your daughter her own account and add it to your family of accounts; that way, she has some independence but you still control her settings (plus you get a discounted rate on membership, too).

-von

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
Character deleting by accident is extremely difficult since they prompt you to type "ABRACADABRA". Don't let other people on your account though :/ Besides its much much better if they make their own characters and use them.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
You need to be more careful with kids when sharing your account with them.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2013
KI can get the character back if you tell them if you tell them the time it was deleted, your username, and some other things.