Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is open chat available for post-menu chat players?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 25, 2012
When I started playing Wizard101, I had menu-chat (under 13). However, I eventually got filtered. In a few years, I will be 18 (and have a valid 18+ credit card). I know many text- chat friends who have been able to 'upgrade' to open chat after turning 18.... so my question is, will I still be able to get open-chat even though I started out on menu?

Jennifer Silverblossom
Max , , ,,

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Jennifer Moonstone on Mar 15, 2017 wrote:
When I started playing Wizard101, I had menu-chat (under 13). However, I eventually got filtered. In a few years, I will be 18 (and have a valid 18+ credit card). I know many text- chat friends who have been able to 'upgrade' to open chat after turning 18.... so my question is, will I still be able to get open-chat even though I started out on menu?

Jennifer Silverblossom
Max , , ,,
It all depends on what age you originally made your account under. If you put it as 12 or under, then your account will NEVER get open chat.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Jennifer Moonstone on Mar 15, 2017 wrote:

Jennifer Silverblossom
Max , , ,,
from what i understand, as long as you have a valid credit card on file to confirm your age, you can get open chat if you are over 18.

however, if you were under 13 when you created the account, that may not be the case.