Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is krampus too weak?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
This is just my opinion on krampus, but I think it's too weak and needs to be boosted. For those unfamiliar with krampus, it's a 4-pip fire spell that deals 305-345 fire damage and put a -45% accuracy debuff on your opponent. Meteor strike does the exact same damage and has the exact same pip cost as krampus but yet it hits ALL enemies. It's just about as strong as luminous weaver which has the same pip cost as krampus but yet it's a life spell, life spells should do less damage than fire spells. I think krampus should have an extra side effect like giving you a fire blade along with the accuracy debuff or increasing its damage to 405- 445 damage and just having the accuracy debuff. What do you guys think?

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
346
I disagree with you. For one, Krampus does have the potential to do a slight bit more of damage than the Luminous Weaver does. Two, even higher level spells don't have that many side effects (such as Black Mantle and Weakness). For instance, Gnomes gives two Entangles, while Fire has an AoE overtime effect. If anything out of this set (level 68 spells) is weak, it would be Chimera, which doesn't do anything more than attack. My third point is that it is not a spell learned from your teacher, just something extra. Be happy that you have the spell. =)
In my opinion, I think Krampus is just fine as it is. It has a well adjusted attack range for the amount of pips required for it. Having the Black Mantle along with it is also generous for KingsIsle to add. Think of the Brimstone Revenant, which is a Fire Spell, doing 440 damage, but with nothing extra.

Best of luck!
~Shannon Skybreaker

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
Shannon Skybreaker on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
I disagree with you. For one, Krampus does have the potential to do a slight bit more of damage than the Luminous Weaver does. Two, even higher level spells don't have that many side effects (such as Black Mantle and Weakness). For instance, Gnomes gives two Entangles, while Fire has an AoE overtime effect. If anything out of this set (level 68 spells) is weak, it would be Chimera, which doesn't do anything more than attack. My third point is that it is not a spell learned from your teacher, just something extra. Be happy that you have the spell. =)
In my opinion, I think Krampus is just fine as it is. It has a well adjusted attack range for the amount of pips required for it. Having the Black Mantle along with it is also generous for KingsIsle to add. Think of the Brimstone Revenant, which is a Fire Spell, doing 440 damage, but with nothing extra.

Best of luck!
~Shannon Skybreaker
Balance receives the "extra" spell of lore master which cost 4 pip does 390-470 damage and puts a accuracy and damage debuff which is clearly better than krampus. Since loremaster is balance, lore master should be weaker than krampus but yet it's better. So ya it's an extra spell, but all the other schools have them too and some are just about as strong as they should be or stronger than they should be. Krampus on the other hand is weaker than it should be which is why it needs a boost. You say the accuracy debuff is generous from KI? 305-345 damage for a rank 4 fire spell is way too weak and still is with the accuracy debuff. Just in case you didn't know, fire's spells are supposed to be the second hardest hitting spells in the game and krampus seems more like the amount of damage a life or even ice spell should do.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
156
stormninja542 on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
This is just my opinion on krampus, but I think it's too weak and needs to be boosted. For those unfamiliar with krampus, it's a 4-pip fire spell that deals 305-345 fire damage and put a -45% accuracy debuff on your opponent. Meteor strike does the exact same damage and has the exact same pip cost as krampus but yet it hits ALL enemies. It's just about as strong as luminous weaver which has the same pip cost as krampus but yet it's a life spell, life spells should do less damage than fire spells. I think krampus should have an extra side effect like giving you a fire blade along with the accuracy debuff or increasing its damage to 405- 445 damage and just having the accuracy debuff. What do you guys think?
Against montsters yes its really weak, but in pvp counts an extremely powerful spell. You can attack and defend yourself at the same time.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
Jerry Saibot on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
Against montsters yes its really weak, but in pvp counts an extremely powerful spell. You can attack and defend yourself at the same time.
I kind of agree with you on the part about pvp, but the accuracy debuff doesn't give your opponent an automatic fizzle. Still I think it could be better, an increase it it's damage would be necessary to make it balanced.

A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1681
I think it needs to be boosted as well. Ignoring Meteor Strike, let's look at the other crafted spell, Brimstone revanant. It does more damage and costs the same. I would be fine if the spell was changed to do straight 345 Damage + Smokescreen. That little bit of a change would make it a better spell.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
5
Well the spell sure does look awesome but I really don't mind the "weak" damage because you could always use tough, strong, collosal, etc...

Survivor
Apr 15, 2011
11
I have to agree, seems to me it's a waste of a great animated spell for the little amount of damage it does. It looks as though Krampus is gonna do some serious damage and then you get an "lol" after using it. I still think loremaster is a much better spell to use in pvp. But ... I just love the animation of Krampus, so I will keep using it.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
5
stormninja542 on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
This is just my opinion on krampus, but I think it's too weak and needs to be boosted. For those unfamiliar with krampus, it's a 4-pip fire spell that deals 305-345 fire damage and put a -45% accuracy debuff on your opponent. Meteor strike does the exact same damage and has the exact same pip cost as krampus but yet it hits ALL enemies. It's just about as strong as luminous weaver which has the same pip cost as krampus but yet it's a life spell, life spells should do less damage than fire spells. I think krampus should have an extra side effect like giving you a fire blade along with the accuracy debuff or increasing its damage to 405- 445 damage and just having the accuracy debuff. What do you guys think?
I agree, krampus just does not do enough damage. I have tons of friends with the krampus spell and use it for spamming in pvp. Since they have crit gear, it is obvious it is still going to do a lot of damage. But using it without crit gear in pvp is a bad idea. So i say kingsisle should make krampus do around 450 to 550 at the least with no enchants. I mean, the -45% accuracy is good and all, but overall, krampus needs the damage.

Aaron WildWraith lvl 95

Jeremy FrostSword lvl 40 pvp overlord

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
Magicka1011 on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
Well the spell sure does look awesome but I really don't mind the "weak" damage because you could always use tough, strong, collosal, etc...
True, but colossal doesn't change the fact that it's original damage is still weak. If it was boosted by a hundred damage(which it needs) then it will do a hundred more damage with colossal.

A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1681
TheOnlyAaron on Jan 15, 2014 wrote:
I agree, krampus just does not do enough damage. I have tons of friends with the krampus spell and use it for spamming in pvp. Since they have crit gear, it is obvious it is still going to do a lot of damage. But using it without crit gear in pvp is a bad idea. So i say kingsisle should make krampus do around 450 to 550 at the least with no enchants. I mean, the -45% accuracy is good and all, but overall, krampus needs the damage.

Aaron WildWraith lvl 95

Jeremy FrostSword lvl 40 pvp overlord
I disagree. Fire is disgustingly pathetic when it comes to spells with after effects. Keep the smokescreen, but up the damage a bit

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
1359
If Krampus is not weak, then Loremaster is way too overpowered. One or the other needs to be adjusted, considering fire should be stronger than balance, which is by far the most versatile school.

Survivor
May 03, 2013
1
stormninja542 on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
This is just my opinion on krampus, but I think it's too weak and needs to be boosted. For those unfamiliar with krampus, it's a 4-pip fire spell that deals 305-345 fire damage and put a -45% accuracy debuff on your opponent. Meteor strike does the exact same damage and has the exact same pip cost as krampus but yet it hits ALL enemies. It's just about as strong as luminous weaver which has the same pip cost as krampus but yet it's a life spell, life spells should do less damage than fire spells. I think krampus should have an extra side effect like giving you a fire blade along with the accuracy debuff or increasing its damage to 405- 445 damage and just having the accuracy debuff. What do you guys think?
Mmmm i agree, I got the krampus spell from my pet but! Its a little too weak o_o i think it should be like 415-455
and also it should be about 5-6 pips O andddd 85 accuracy And it would be cool if you can make it hit all enemies I agree with this but it should be better accuracy and damage. Although Its okay. Anyone Disagree? Its fine with me if you disagree but they're should be a phew changes on krampus.
Kelsey EmeraldFlame Level 24

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
146
stormninja542 on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
This is just my opinion on krampus, but I think it's too weak and needs to be boosted. For those unfamiliar with krampus, it's a 4-pip fire spell that deals 305-345 fire damage and put a -45% accuracy debuff on your opponent. Meteor strike does the exact same damage and has the exact same pip cost as krampus but yet it hits ALL enemies. It's just about as strong as luminous weaver which has the same pip cost as krampus but yet it's a life spell, life spells should do less damage than fire spells. I think krampus should have an extra side effect like giving you a fire blade along with the accuracy debuff or increasing its damage to 405- 445 damage and just having the accuracy debuff. What do you guys think?
I believe its fine where it is at, fire is not as meant to be a strategical powerhouse as storm is. Fires are more meant for the back up damage to support the first blow. Krampus is a good spell and I don't see changing power or adding effects, they change things for errors, overpowering advantages a card can provide, or removing a non needed card (Example: Dampen Magic, spells can now reach 7 pips so using it is pointless unless its to show off. The spells original intent was to cut spells off at 3 pips/ 6 pips as 3 power pips.), etc.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
KaneDeathBringer23... on Jan 19, 2014 wrote:
I believe its fine where it is at, fire is not as meant to be a strategical powerhouse as storm is. Fires are more meant for the back up damage to support the first blow. Krampus is a good spell and I don't see changing power or adding effects, they change things for errors, overpowering advantages a card can provide, or removing a non needed card (Example: Dampen Magic, spells can now reach 7 pips so using it is pointless unless its to show off. The spells original intent was to cut spells off at 3 pips/ 6 pips as 3 power pips.), etc.
KI also changes spells that are underpowered. Fire isn't a powerhouse like storm but they still have the second strongest hitting spells in the game and well in my opinion krampus does not have the power of a fire spell. It seems more like the strength of a life or ice spell. Fire wizards have fairly low health so why should we have spells weaker than the balance school's loremaster or spells just as strong as life or ice spells?