Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

is it a good idea to give free code wands?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 06, 2009
These wands are meant for special codes and i used to be proud that i have an umbra blade but now every one can get them.even if they are real and exclusive to zafaria i still think it kinda ruins the exclusiveness of it.Am i alone here

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
The Wyrm on Apr 8, 2016 wrote:
These wands are meant for special codes and i used to be proud that i have an umbra blade but now every one can get them.even if they are real and exclusive to zafaria i still think it kinda ruins the exclusiveness of it.Am i alone here
Not at all. I remember scouring NYC to find somewhere that sold Beckett magazine's to get my blue raptor and Umbra sword. I watch a youtube vid earlier where some guy got the Amaranthine Staff and Blue Raptor in 30 minutes.

Free.

I had to pay for mine. And go quest IRL. What's with that KI.

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
Actually they are REALLY hard to get. I spent hours yesterday trying to get one and I bought about 5 or 6 energy elixirs and I didn't get a single wand from the 50+ chests I caught.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
I think it's entirely fine, but so far the drop rate seems way too high for them.

I've gifted a handful of energy elixirs to my two questing partners, because they each wanted a couple of those for stitching purposes. One of them (an entire day of fishing, but in one day) got three of the rare wands in one day, the other only one.

If they're supposed to be rare, they should be rare. I don't mind adding "special" stuff back to the game, but they shouldn't become the new Elegant Gear.

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
Mr Talon on Apr 10, 2016 wrote:
Not at all. I remember scouring NYC to find somewhere that sold Beckett magazine's to get my blue raptor and Umbra sword. I watch a youtube vid earlier where some guy got the Amaranthine Staff and Blue Raptor in 30 minutes.

Free.

I had to pay for mine. And go quest IRL. What's with that KI.
BlazeLifeHammer?

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
the awesome pyroma... on Apr 10, 2016 wrote:
BlazeLifeHammer?
Ye!

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Given the fact that W101 Central gives out umbra blades to whoever wants one every September, this doesn't seem to be devaluing them any more than they've already been devalued. If Central wasn't giving them away, I might have an issue with the fishing thing, but I think the biggest detractor right now is the fact that they (along with all the other code wands) are given out like candy on the fansites, so fishing for them is just a drop in the bucket by comparison.

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
Mr Talon on Apr 11, 2016 wrote:
Ye!
Sweet! He is so cool and awesome right. And zen master blue too right?!

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Starblood653 on Apr 11, 2016 wrote:
Given the fact that W101 Central gives out umbra blades to whoever wants one every September, this doesn't seem to be devaluing them any more than they've already been devalued. If Central wasn't giving them away, I might have an issue with the fishing thing, but I think the biggest detractor right now is the fact that they (along with all the other code wands) are given out like candy on the fansites, so fishing for them is just a drop in the bucket by comparison.
You have a point here and now part of me kinda wants to get the hammer one.I'm so conflicted about this

Hero
May 07, 2015
the awesome pyroma... on Apr 11, 2016 wrote:
Sweet! He is so cool and awesome right. And zen master blue too right?!
so right! they are the only wizard101 you tube channels I watch next to heather shadow slinger ( but she is a channel that pretty much shows you cool stuff and shows you spells and bosses and dungeons )

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
Inclusion is always better than exclusion. I, for one, am glad i don't have to tell wizards that there is no possible way for them to get a blue raptor like mine anymore. Amber

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
The Wyrm on Apr 8, 2016 wrote:
What codes?

Also, how do you get an Umbra Blade?

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
A few years back, I spent a lot of time entering contests to win these exclusive wands and when I did manage to finally collect them all, I felt extremely proud of myself. For the past 1-2 years, fansites devalued these wands by giving it away like candy so for people like me, who collected all of them only to find out they were given away, I feel like I just wasted my time.