Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Fire Good? And How Can I Level Up?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 14, 2010
Well I'm In level 29 Right Now ABout to be level 30 but i just wanted to ask is fire a good school and is it the 2nd school with the lowest health? Oh and what gear should i buy to bring my health all the way up? ('am From Fire)

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
My fire wizard is in Mooshu (just got my level 38 spell) and I actually find it more challenging than the other schools, mostly because of the over time aspect. Basically, you attack then have to stay alive for 3 rounds while your spell does it's work. Storm is quick, in and out. Death heals along the way. Balance has shields galore and the always useful mander. Not to say fire is bad - I actually think it has some of the coolest spells - just a bit tricky.

It does have low health and low accuracy. Once you hit level 30 go to the bazaar and check out the clothing available for your school (click on "usable" and sort on level). Personally for fire (and storm) I look for the highest accuracy with the highest health. I don't bother too much with strength for fire because it is strong enough.

If you haven't started any other wizards, now would be a good time (I have all schools but ice). Each school plays very differently. That way you can compare schools and decide for yourself how fire compares! Have fun!

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Techn0zz wrote:
Well I'm In level 29 Right Now ABout to be level 30 but i just wanted to ask is fire a good school and is it the 2nd school with the lowest health? Oh and what gear should i buy to bring my health all the way up? ('am From Fire)

Well you should know by now if fire is good or not, well, being almost 30.

Fire is not bad. It Fizzles a lot, but I came from a Grand Diviner and on my Fire Wiz the Fizzles are not that bad, compared to Storm. As far as gear, well, I am not crazy about the Crown gear at all ( Crown gear is bought through dealers not in shop. The skins you can buy are in Shop) I found the Crown Gear gives A LOT of hit points, but lacks bonus's. I am more about the extra bonus's not the Hit points.

Extra Bonus gear comes mostly from quest rewards, Bazaar. or boss Drops.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Fire is strong and tends to find all the pets. The thing about fire is that it is very difficult for anything to effectively block your attacks due to the turn by turn nature of your attacks. Fire also has strong initial one hit attacks in addition to the delayed turn attacks. I play storm and don't mind at all having a fire play at my side, even as storm I view fire school to be a major attacker and fire is what hurts me the most. I don't think you need to start over at all, fire plays exactly as it should and of all the schools is the one that likely needs the least adjusting.

Hero
May 19, 2009
seasnake wrote:
Fire is strong and tends to find all the pets. The thing about fire is that it is very difficult for anything to effectively block your attacks due to the turn by turn nature of your attacks. Fire also has strong initial one hit attacks in addition to the delayed turn attacks. I play storm and don't mind at all having a fire play at my side, even as storm I view fire school to be a major attacker and fire is what hurts me the most. I don't think you need to start over at all, fire plays exactly as it should and of all the schools is the one that likely needs the least adjusting.

Would you drop it already with "fire has a better chance of getting drops". Its not true.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2010
Oh ok Well Thnx Oh Also How Can I Take down my enemy faster because I'm now level 31 and i cant take down my enemy's its like my spells are really weak it barely makes a lot of damage i have trouble winning right now I'm in mooshu just unlocked it and i need to defeat those ninja pigs that are balance and they always kill me i cant last with those pigs and i got Life as my second so i can use satyr as to heal myself but i still have trouble what can i do to get better spells? Because i really need it I'm sick and tired of dieing!

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Are you using blades and traps? Get the elemental blade from Niles. Use the elemental blade and fire blade on all damage over time spells. Use blades and traps for one hit spells (phoenix, meteor). And don't bother with the minion. He doesn't help too much. You should have no problem with those pigs!

Also, I am guessing you have not done all the side quests in the lower worlds. My fire is only about a third of the way through Mooshu and is at level 38. You said you just reached level 31. I would suggest going back and doing any side quests you may have missed (there are lots in MB and don't forget about Grizzleheim) so you can level up. At level 35, the available clothes are very helpful, especially for health and accuracy. This would probably help you in completeing Mooshu. Hope that helps. Good luck!