Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Cloak Broke?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
9
I have used the cloak card to make a blade treasure card and also a feint treasure card. When I play the card it places something that looks like a black mantle. However, the symbol is never accounted for no matter which spell is cast for the remainder of the battle. What am I doing wrong?

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
9
Defender
Jan 07, 2009
195
FastLane9 wrote:
I have used the cloak card to make a blade treasure card and also a feint treasure card. When I play the card it places something that looks like a black mantle. However, the symbol is never accounted for no matter which spell is cast for the remainder of the battle. What am I doing wrong?


that odd looking icon says it is cloaked and only you know which shield was used, not even your teammate could tell. The only time it will show is if by chance they throw the right spell at that shield that matches.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
9
I have not yet used it for a "shield", only for blades and a feint. Could this be why it doesn't work for me? Is cloak card designed for shields only?

Previously, when I placed a cloaked blade on myself or a cloaked feint on an enemy, no spell I used would activate it.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
195
FastLane9 wrote:
I have not yet used it for a "shield", only for blades and a feint. Could this be why it doesn't work for me? Is cloak card designed for shields only?

Previously, when I placed a cloaked blade on myself or a cloaked feint on an enemy, no spell I used would activate it.


To use cloak correctly, first you click on cloak then add the shield you want to have used but no one will know but you what it is. If you read the card it says exactly what it does, I had to read it three times and use it once to understand. It does nothing for blades, just for shields.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2008
42
Yes!!!Cloak is broken!! One of my friends gave my level 32 Balance wizard three Power Nova treasure cards for free, which I thought was really nice. I was on the quest to defeat Lucius McTavish, a boss exclusive for Balance wizards to get their Judgement spell. The Power Nova was the perfect treasure card to use in the battle, since I could cast it with power pips and use my hexes and balanceblades to make it super powerful. Or ,should I say, it would have been if it hadn't been cloaked! I got seven pips but not a single power pip. By the time I was ready to cast it, I had 300 out of about 2000 health. I cast it, but all it did was make a functionless, useless black mantle thingy around my opponents' feet. No damage. No use at all!! I died because of a useless Power Nova, and I was so mad that I deleted my friend and destroyed the remaining two Power Novas. Basically, the moral of this story is, yes, cloak is broken!!

-Jordan DrakePants

Defender
May 29, 2009
196
Jordan,

I think you misunderstood the purpose of the cloak spell. First, Cloak serves no function in a PVE battle. It does not made your traps or blades or shields more powerful. It merely cloaks it -- meaning it hides it. It's meant to a hide a ward, charm, or trap so that your opponent doesn't know what you cast.

Unfortunately, you deleted your friend who gave you three perfectly good treasure cards though. Also, if you only had 300 health left, you probably should have healed in that situation.





SushiMiso2 wrote:
Yes!!!Cloak is broken!! One of my friends gave my level 32 Balance wizard three Power Nova treasure cards for free, which I thought was really nice. I was on the quest to defeat Lucius McTavish, a boss exclusive for Balance wizards to get their Judgement spell. The Power Nova was the perfect treasure card to use in the battle, since I could cast it with power pips and use my hexes and balanceblades to make it super powerful. Or ,should I say, it would have been if it hadn't been cloaked! I got seven pips but not a single power pip. By the time I was ready to cast it, I had 300 out of about 2000 health. I cast it, but all it did was make a functionless, useless black mantle thingy around my opponents' feet. No damage. No use at all!! I died because of a useless Power Nova, and I was so mad that I deleted my friend and destroyed the remaining two Power Novas. Basically, the moral of this story is, yes, cloak is broken!!

-Jordan DrakePants