Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

increase chance of fire spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2013
the low chance of the fire spells is a real pain
( I got 4 fizzle in a fight and lost )

anyone know how to overcome it?
or how do I get spells that increase the chance?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
unicorn6684 on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:

Depending on your level there maybe gear with accuracy built in or use Infallible, TC or trained spell helps.

Fizzle rate has been a problem on all my wizards for quite some time now, no matter what school and some it's not as handy to build in some accuracy to counter it. Our death has pretty much taken to fizzling on the first damage spell cast in every fight. My Ice can fizzle easily twice in a battle. Where as our storms have more built into gear but still are having a hit and miss with it. This has become my second "pet" peeve in the game now and can be very annoying.

Mary

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011

Most Fire gear early on has an accuracy bonus. If you are in Celestia you can also train in Sun magic to get better accuracy.

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
Hello unicorn,

I understand your frustration with your rate of fizzle as I'm currently assisting a family member with a Fire school wizard with leveling. My suggestion to you is as you acquire new gear, be mindful if the gear has Accuracy on it and this will raise your base accuracy, which will lower your fizzle rate.

As you level the gear you acquire will offer higher stats and/or additional ones to improve many aspects of your wizard. When I acquire new gear for my family member's Fire wizard I focus on Accuracy, then Damage, and lastly resistance, but if the gear has no accuracy, then if it was dropped I sell it. At the bazaar, I use the same strategy for purchasing new gear.

The Fire wizard I play part-time has the same 75% base accuracy as you, but her gear gives an additional 15% accuracy, so I don't fizzle as often.

I hope this helps you, and you eventually will overcome your frequent fizzles with better gear .

Gabriel

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

The proper gear will help with accuracy. Go to the bazaar.

And neither Fire or Storm need to be changed; they have a high fizzle rate because they are the schools with the highest [unaided] damage.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2013
thanks for the replies..
I am currently on the quest of gloria makimg a suit (in wizard city - olde town)
so if I won't get accuracy bonus there I'll go to the bazar..

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
accuracy boosts from gear
enchantments that boost accuracy
pet talents like sharp shot and fire sniper