Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Immunity?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 10, 2010
I know in order for someone to receive 0 damage, you would need 100 resist so you can be immune to certain schools. I have around 75 resist for all schools and occasionally I receive 0 damage on certain spells. I have no problem receiving 0 damage but I want to know if this is a glitch. I'm not immune to any school, yet I receive 0 damage.This has happened to a couple of my friends too and none of them are immune.

Has this happened to anyone else?

~~Nicole ShadowDreamer

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Is It possible you had an absorb on when you were hit? If the damage is low enough And your resist lowers the damage below what an absorb can take it will do 0.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
flat out damage resistance is applied after resistances (whether you have some or not, it cannot be avoided) so if a spell is dealing lower then your flat resistance (easiest one is a damage over time) then it will deal 0 damage.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
E Kim on Jan 31, 2016 wrote:
I know in order for someone to receive 0 damage, you would need 100 resist so you can be immune to certain schools. I have around 75 resist for all schools and occasionally I receive 0 damage on certain spells. I have no problem receiving 0 damage but I want to know if this is a glitch. I'm not immune to any school, yet I receive 0 damage.This has happened to a couple of my friends too and none of them are immune.

Has this happened to anyone else?

~~Nicole ShadowDreamer
If you have any gear with flat damage resist jewels, these might be what's doing it. If you have a -25 damage jewel for instance, and your other gear reduces an incoming hit to an amount less than 25, you will take zero damage. If I'm not mistaken, the flat resist jewel stat is taken into consideration after all of the other calculations take place.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2010