Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I;m Frustrated!

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
I've finished Khrysalis and I'm level 107, I graduated and am now in Polaris, woot! Why am I frustrated? All through the last part of Khrysalis, everyone in the team-ups I joined have smashing spectacular spells ( especially Cuthalla ). Players ask if I have it and I have to say I don't.
.This makes me feel left out and inadequate, yet I've soloed most of Khrys. with just using Dr. Von and Scarecrow, potent trap, sharpened blade, feints & Gargantuan.
When in the name of Bartleby am I going to get my Cuthalla?
Sabrina Shade

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
anecorbie on Feb 16, 2017 wrote:
I've finished Khrysalis and I'm level 107, I graduated and am now in Polaris, woot! Why am I frustrated? All through the last part of Khrysalis, everyone in the team-ups I joined have smashing spectacular spells ( especially Cuthalla ). Players ask if I have it and I have to say I don't.
.This makes me feel left out and inadequate, yet I've soloed most of Khrys. with just using Dr. Von and Scarecrow, potent trap, sharpened blade, feints & Gargantuan.
Sabrina Shade
Are you by chance meaning the spell "Call of Khrulhu? That is a lvl 100 spell. Go talk to Dworgyn in Nightside.

Your next spell at level 108 is "Winged Sorrow"

There is no spell that I am aware of call Cuthalla. That is a creature Celestia.

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
I don't know what Cuthalla is but since you soloed all of khrys then I don't think you need cuthalla. Also I suggest you get colossal.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
DragonLady1818 on Feb 16, 2017 wrote:
Are you by chance meaning the spell "Call of Khrulhu? That is a lvl 100 spell. Go talk to Dworgyn in Nightside.

Your next spell at level 108 is "Winged Sorrow"

There is no spell that I am aware of call Cuthalla. That is a creature Celestia.
I've been to see Dworgyn - he has nothing for me; is there a chance I've missed a perquisite?

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Great! I just got information on wiz wiki that the quest to unlock Kuthulu was given by Renfield in Castle Darkmoor, I thought this was side content, why do I have to do this dungeon to get a school spell?
Now I'm not only frustrated but hacked off at KingsIsle for doing this!

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
anecorbie on Feb 16, 2017 wrote:
Sabrina Shade
Call of Krulhu is not one of your normal school quest spells. You can access it once you reach level 100. After you finish the first two dungeons of Darkmoor, you will receive Call of Krulhu as a reward. To get started on Darkmoor, you need to talk to Dworgyn in Nightside.

It is an awesome spell, I can see why you would like to have it.

Moira Stormheart

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Never mind, I got my spell. But I'm still annoyed that it was in a side content dungeon. ( And as I buy zones, this was an un-necessary expense.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Defender
Aug 25, 2014
Call of Khrulhu is the name of the spell and yes, it is the one that looks a lot like the Lovecraft monster, Cthullhu. You get this spell as an award after you complete the second part of the level 100 dungeon Darkmoor, which, like has been said, is started off by going to Dworgyn in Nightside. I don't think it is necessary for you to have this spell, but is a very big help because it costs less and does more damage than Scarecrow. Unless you get gear that guarantees a shadow pip there are many times where you will not be able to use this spell as the cost to cast is 1 shadow pip and 5 regular pips. I always keep a scarecrow in my deck as a back up in case I don't get that shadow pip. I've done just fine in the battles I couldn't use this card. You can also find this spell as a treasure card in the bazaar.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
anecorbie on Feb 17, 2017 wrote:
Great! I just got information on wiz wiki that the quest to unlock Kuthulu was given by Renfield in Castle Darkmoor, I thought this was side content, why do I have to do this dungeon to get a school spell?
Now I'm not only frustrated but hacked off at KingsIsle for doing this!
I only recommended seeing Dworgyn just in case you had missed some needed quests.

KI has a way of making something that is supposed to be OPTIONAL, required in order to achieve a goal.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
All of you have been so helpful and nice with your answers, thank you very much! I have Kthulu! Sweet! To smash bosses and their minions with one spell is great!
( And I managed to get some good gear from Darkmoor, although I still need to finish it. )

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
I'm sorry to see anyone frustrated. The spells in Darkmoor, like many pieces of gear, are very good rewards for a substantial effort. While this world is a "side world", it is all but mandatory for anyone looking for the best stuff or their character.

Having said this, I don't think the idea that you should have every spell for your school is a good one. The reason is that it would limit KI from putting spells into side worlds. I'd like to see more content like Darkmoor. This keeps the main quest series accessible to all, while providing more challenging content with appropriate gear and spells.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Obviously, I disagree about having powerful school spells as a reward for side quests. Level spell quests are hard enough for many in this game without creating "Elitist" spells. Given that many in a team up are rude to those without the 'best gear' or pets & sometimes refuse to join with them - this creates a division between players.
Everyone deserves the right to ALL their school spells, whether they have membership or buy zones.
I have no problem with 'super gear' being dropped in dungeons; it just shouldn't be spells.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
anecorbie on Feb 17, 2017 wrote:
Obviously, I disagree about having powerful school spells as a reward for side quests. Level spell quests are hard enough for many in this game without creating "Elitist" spells. Given that many in a team up are rude to those without the 'best gear' or pets & sometimes refuse to join with them - this creates a division between players.
Everyone deserves the right to ALL their school spells, whether they have membership or buy zones.
I have no problem with 'super gear' being dropped in dungeons; it just shouldn't be spells.
Totally Agree

I started a thread about these shadow pip spells a while ago; unfortunately the responses I got were pretty negative (I should be able to get a good team, yada yada).
My point of the thread was that you shouldn't have to run a FULL TEAM SIDE DUNGEON to get a school spell that is pretty necessary at this level of the game, especially when getting a full team can be difficult at times.

(I got mine too, but was a year behind everyone else due to this new setup).

At least in Mirage they went back to the solo boss fight to get the new shadow pip spells; glad to see that happen.