Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I'm back and need help!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 27, 2012
After months of inactivity, I've bought a new subscription and have begun playing again. I got on my highest level, which is level 100, and started the quests to get to Polaris. I did it, and the very first fight was a weak boss. No problem. However, I noticed that he crit four times, and I didn't block a single one of them. I'm surprised, as I thought I had decent block but apparently I don't. So, is there any gear that you guys recommend I pick up? I plan on soloing most of the world if not all so I can't have bosses hitting any crits.

Right now, I have Darkmoor hat, robe, and boots, Morganthes athame, i switch between the lower darkmoor amulet and exalted life mastery, and the Alpha and Omega ring.
Also, please don't suggest I farm the exalted dungeons for the gear. I don't think its worth my time to get such small stat increases unless there's a significant block increase.

Thank you to any who leave a reply!

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Seth Lifeblood Nic... on Mar 8, 2016 wrote:
After months of inactivity, I've bought a new subscription and have begun playing again. I got on my highest level, which is level 100, and started the quests to get to Polaris. I did it, and the very first fight was a weak boss. No problem. However, I noticed that he crit four times, and I didn't block a single one of them. I'm surprised, as I thought I had decent block but apparently I don't. So, is there any gear that you guys recommend I pick up? I plan on soloing most of the world if not all so I can't have bosses hitting any crits.

Right now, I have Darkmoor hat, robe, and boots, Morganthes athame, i switch between the lower darkmoor amulet and exalted life mastery, and the Alpha and Omega ring.
Also, please don't suggest I farm the exalted dungeons for the gear. I don't think its worth my time to get such small stat increases unless there's a significant block increase.

Thank you to any who leave a reply!
Your gear is good but the reason you don't block is not because of your gear, it's because of the new critical and block system. The best thing to do to get more block is get the Rasputin amulet and Baba Yaga athame but you'll have to beat the world for that. Polaris is a rather easy world so I believe you can solo most of it without good block.

Lvl 110
Lvl 35
Lvl 25