Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ice tanks?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 15, 2011
i am a lvl 90 and i dont think ice wizards are tanks.i mean we have lots of health and resistance
but ice ia a school about defense. our damage is to low. the trident pet give a trident card that take six pips
to attack and the damage is about 1000 or something. my wooly mammoth can attack that much when its
enchanted.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Exactly!

At first I thought u were going to say that ice has too much health blah blah blah they are unfair blah blah blah

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
The term "tank" means a type of character that can take a lot of damage.
So ice wizards can be considered tanks of sorts.
Although I dont see how the trident pet comes into play in this? (Storm is the school of damage so maybe you making a damaga comparation )

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
twinkle star on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
i am a lvl 90 and i dont think ice wizards are tanks.i mean we have lots of health and resistance
but ice ia a school about defense. our damage is to low. the trident pet give a trident card that take six pips
to attack and the damage is about 1000 or something. my wooly mammoth can attack that much when its
enchanted.
Ice was made to survive then come with a surprise big hit with a bunch of blades. Trust me, I've used mammoth to do a lot of damage, and I've hit a million with Lord of Winter. In PvP this applies as well, but I am seeing more and more people with 70+ damage to ice (which is awesome).

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
I agree with Rachel... Tank means someone who can take heavy hits and still remain standing. This allows for the rest of the team to take out the baddie with their damage spells. My wife's Ice wizard can stand against any foe longer than any of my wizards from other schools.

One can solo with Ice, but Ice is one of those schools (like Balance and Life) that are so much better in a group or team environment than they can ever be solo.

The purpose of the Tank in multiplayer is to draw damage to himself/herself and away from the rest of the team. When paired with a Life wizard with decent knowledge of healing... the Ice wizard is almost invincible!