Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice Secondary?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
Before you read on I would to say I am sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I just kind of found out that there a forum and looked through all of the other sections and I am guessing I should put this here o;.

Okay, I just made an ice wizard and was kind of wondering which I start getting first. Life up to satyr first or death up to feint.

I know that ice doesn't get their blade till sometime Mooshu so I figured that a feint would be nice until then. But then I remembered I can get Elemental Blades at level 25 along with spirit traps at 15 which can be a big help and I might need satyr for big heals since I usually don't have friends help me. But then again a feint could help a lot with some bosses with loads of health. So again, which would be best to get first Satyr or Feint?

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
kalobs wrote:
Before you read on I would to say I am sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I just kind of found out that there a forum and looked through all of the other sections and I am guessing I should put this here o;.

Okay, I just made an ice wizard and was kind of wondering which I start getting first. Life up to satyr first or death up to feint.

I know that ice doesn't get their blade till sometime Mooshu so I figured that a feint would be nice until then. But then I remembered I can get Elemental Blades at level 25 along with spirit traps at 15 which can be a big help and I might need satyr for big heals since I usually don't have friends help me. But then again a feint could help a lot with some bosses with loads of health. So again, which would be best to get first Satyr or Feint?

life

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
kalobs wrote:

I am currently working on an Ice wizard and I stopped getting any secondary schools after bringing my first wizard though the game. I take what is given me by my school and enhance it with gear I can get a long that way just fine. The blades from Niles may not be a bad idea. I do spend on Sun spells to get more damage out of my regular spells. Around mid Mooshu I start getting better power pips chances and find using them on secondary schools a waste of my time. If you solo you are more interested in damage, you have to have the best gear for your level, your deck set up for quick kills and boost your school spells the best you can.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I wouldn't worry about training Life to Satyr. Just having your 2-pip heal spell you get early in the school is enough.

Ice has the highest health in the game. Unfortunately, their base attack spells are one of, if not the, weakest of all the schools. But, as you level your Ice, it does become more fun to play.

Ice doesn't really need a second school. I do have one for mine, which is Death, and it's a great combination when I need it. I also have a Death amulet, so that helps me not waste power pips.

- If you spend your training points, I would recommend getting shields from the Fairgrounds at level 10. You don't need to get Fire or Storm, as you will already get this shield combination as an Ice spell.

- Get your Ice dispel (no training points), and Reshuffle (training point) in Colossus Blvd when you are at the level to get them.

- Tri-Blades and traps from Niles in Krokotopia

- Sun School spells when you get to Celestia (L50). This is when Ice gets really fun to play! Your final Sun School spell will be in Zafaria when you can finally get Colossus for super spell enhancements.

For all my wizards, I keep 3-4 sets of gear in my backpack. This way, you can mix and match to come up with the best combination YOU want for your wizard.

Depending on how many wizards you have, try to have one that has Legendary Crafting capabilities. It takes effort to get to Legendary, but it's well worth the effort, particularly for an Ice wizard. The crafted gear is excellent!

Brynn IceBlade
Archmage Ice of Awesomeness
"Tank Girl"