Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice pet exalted wizard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 02, 2012
How do I get a quad damage and double resist pet. No one good will hatch with me and I have no crowns to gift packs. I currently have a bunch of pets each with one of the stats I need to make a good pet but how do i somehow merge their stats? If anyone would hatch would me that would be awesome but otherwise please leave some advice . Thanks

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
First, this post should go into the "Pets" section so people who deal with hatching will see it.

Second, know that breeding the perfect pet is extremely difficult, frustrating and EXPENSIVE. You will need to hatch dozens of times and the vast majority of your hatching efforts will be failures. Only a very few will come out with the combination of talents that you're looking for.

Third, you need to start with strong base pets. Probably the ones in Celestia are best to get started with, for two reasons. You will want a couple of Ice talents to work with, and you want strong base stats (Strength, Intelligence, Agility, Will & Power) so the talents will be at their maximum strength. Therefore, I'd suggest you start with a Starfish. You can buy them for $10,000 gold from a vendor in the Base Camp!

Finally, turn to your school pets. Your Lord of Winter will have many wonderful talents that can combine with the strength of the Starfish. I suggest getting two Starfish, breeding them together until one of the babies gets Ice Giver & Spellproof by adult. Then use that pet to start breeding with your Lord of Winter....

Duelist101 offers a series of guides with all you need to know about breeding the perfect pet.

http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-pet-guides/perfect-pvp-pets-part-1/

(A note on gardening: Duelist suggests you start with Key Limes, but Pink Dandelions are easier to grow and drop freely from the manders in the Krokosphinx.)

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Jun 06, 2011
You can hatch with yourself to get the talents you desire.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2012
I would love to have a list of the people that think you should gift them something to hatch with there pet. I actually do keep track of the ones I see just so I know I'll never ever hatch any of my pets with them.

Ok so as others have posted already. Hatching talents into pets is as much as luck as it is science. You just don't hatch with any lame person that wants you to gift them something and think your going to get all those talents. It doesn't work that way. (I wish it did.)

Half of the talents come from each parent. The good and the bad. Its after several and I do mean several hatches that your pet will finally have them. That still doesn't mean that they will all open for you.

On an average it takes me roughly about 20 hatches until I get all the talents I wanted locked in.

If you don't know what I mean by locked in I would do more ready on the subject on hatching pets. This is were the science of hatching and training comes in. Yes its still luck but there are ways to increase your chances on getting a talent to open more often.