Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice Deck Help

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 11, 2011
So I'm new to all this and I don't know exactly where to put this but I thought if it says Ravenwood, and Ice School is in Ravenwood I can post this up. But I really need help with my PvE Ice deck I'm level 31 Ice Wizardd Magus and needed help with my current deck. Also if anyone could add an addition recipe for a Ice/Fire deck I would like to see. Thanks

Heres my deck:
Blizzard x 2
Ice Trap x 2
Ice Wyvern x 2
Ice Guardian x 2
Tower Shields x 2
Pixies x 2
Elemental Blade x 2

Survivor
May 16, 2009
:D
ThornBlade231 wrote:
So I'm new to all this and I don't know exactly where to put this but I thought if it says Ravenwood, and Ice School is in Ravenwood I can post this up. But I really need help with my PvE Ice deck I'm level 31 Ice Wizardd Magus and needed help with my current deck. Also if anyone could add an addition recipe for a Ice/Fire deck I would like to see. Thanks

Heres my deck:
Blizzard x 2
Ice Trap x 2
Ice Wyvern x 2
Ice Guardian x 2
Tower Shields x 2
Pixies x 2
Elemental Blade x 2

Yea, um you need to buy the deck of lotus or whatever it's called. But when you do, put
Ice spells:
Ice Wyvern x4
Blizzard x4
Ice Guardanx2
Tower shield x4
Elemental bladex4
Ice trap x4
Volcanic shield x4
Evil snowman x3
Ice prism x2

Fire spells:

Meteor strike x4
Glacial shield x4
Fire trap x4
Sunbird x2
Fire elf x2

Life spells:

Pixie x4

Hope this helped :D :D

Dylan StrongBlood level 60 Pyromancer
Ryan StrongBlood level 38 Sorcerer
David StrongBlood level 11 Conjurer

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Wow, a little bit of everything....not really a good idea in my opinion.

Okay, first, always vary deck to foe, the same deck never always works.

I have been running my ice recently, so I'd suggest:

3-4x heavy hitter card
3 Ice blades
2 heals
5 wand spells (fire)
2 towers (optional)

Bigger enemies add:
3 ice traps or elemental blades (or 3 of each)

Smaller enemies:
2 heavy hitter cards plus two ice storms.

Vs Ice school:
Add 4-5 prisms (the reason you have a fire wand is that you can lay down the prism even after a fire ward is placed, you hit with wand spell, now your prism is free to inflict max damage...remember the last on, first used rule).

Why?
Ice has a real advantage in health, so suck it up, and hit back hard. This deck allows you to open the battle with the cards you need due to size. At level 31 you should be starting with 2-3 pips (wand gives a pip plus starting round pip...you may have a wand to give the double pip, and you may have a good % to get a double pip). Blade on turn one, heavy hitter on turn two. This should bring down one enemy.
The tower or wand spell, blade, heavy hitter, victory.

Soon you will get the higher pip spell, same idea works, but just toss out a tower, blade, wand spells while you build up the pips.

This works even as you get higher. In her late 40s and early 50s my ice is using: 3 frost giant, 2 blades, 2 elemental blades, 2 towers, 2 heals and wand. I add 4 prisms vs ice school, and 2 feints vs bosses. Small, fast, deadly. (When I hit 50 I added the sun-based damage enhancement (2) ,

Survivor
Jan 11, 2011
Hmm interesting, so no Ice Guardian, because in the past I would just put all the traps on the enemy shields on me and hit the regular mob with either meteor strike or the Ice Blizzard. On big enemies I would throw out my guardian on the first turn and he would help out a lot. But I guess I can see where your goin with this, thanks to both of you guys :D