Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice Blade

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 23, 2011
I just want to know why ice blade is recieved at such a high level . bieng at level38 it takes until around late mooshu or early dragonspyre i think. thx for listning see you in the spiral

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
echofinder598 wrote:
I just want to know why ice blade is recieved at such a high level . bieng at level38 it takes until around late mooshu or early dragonspyre i think. thx for listning see you in the spiral

The focus for ice is defense. As a result, you don't get much to help you actually hit hard until very late in the game. Even at that, its still not easy... you'll need to learn to blade stack. I suggest if you are having trouble, to swing by the library or bazaar and pick up a bunch of damage boosting treasure cards such as tough, strong, etc. If you can land monstrous at a decent price at the bazaar, even better. Take an empty deck, fill it with your favorite attack cards, then stuff all those damage boosting cards in the sidedeck and wander over to unicorn way. Find a secluded realm and fight a ghost. You can make a ton of strong attack cards (don't forget to take them out of your sidedeck when you're done) and then finish of the ghost with wand hit.

What you're going to end up doing is making a deck whose main side had defense, healing and boosting. The sidedeck will have only attacks. You will then defend yourself while you stack blades and when the time is right, draw an attack card from the side deck. Even at this... ice battles will still take considerably longer than other schools, but it can get you through some of the tougher parts of the game if you're a solo player. Failing that strategy (I know I get tired of "prepping" in unicorn way) you can just pick up a bunch of blade treasure cards... ice blade treasure at the bazaar and elemental treasure at any library. That way you can just stack 3 or 4 blades and then attack.

Hope that helps...