Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I wish more people would acknowledge myth as a damage dealer

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 03, 2015
So I just got my celestial calendar spell and I decided to try it out and see what it can do, I tested it on the kraken boss(+20% boost) and I dealt 115k damage with him having a -80% myth shield at the very end of all my combo, easily 500k damage and I was not even full buffed I had room for another feint and myth trap at least. After seeing that I don't understand why am I getting so discriminated against whenever I'm in a team with a storm user, everyone seems to kiss up to them and just ignore me. Myth life pretty hard not gonna lie.

Survivor
May 01, 2011
just wait until you get to darkmoor, so many people will literally just leave at the sight of you, because of the lone fact that you are myth. its infuriating.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
GuardianOfPie on May 25, 2020 wrote:
So I just got my celestial calendar spell and I decided to try it out and see what it can do, I tested it on the kraken boss(+20% boost) and I dealt 115k damage with him having a -80% myth shield at the very end of all my combo, easily 500k damage and I was not even full buffed I had room for another feint and myth trap at least. After seeing that I don't understand why am I getting so discriminated against whenever I'm in a team with a storm user, everyone seems to kiss up to them and just ignore me. Myth life pretty hard not gonna lie.
If you can do that much damage on any given time, I would love to you have you on my team. My best advice is this
do what you feel is best as a myth wizard, and know that you like any other school can be just as important as a hitter. Don't forget too that you can play supportive myth roles to keep blades and shield off enemy mobs and bosses alike. Best of luck!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
The reason for this is the elitism that goes around. Storm or fire are the only 2 allowed to hit, life can only be a healer, etc. I think that's a very lazy/elitist way to look at it. With the right gear, ANY school can do ANY role. With a life mastery amulet, my FIRE player the HEALER in Helephant Tower. Nobody died, and we motored through it quite effectively.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
I am mainly Balance and have come across the same discrimination at times. I just ignore people and do my thing and let the chips fall where they may. I usually show them up due to my game playing style. I never let what people say to me change the way I want to play.....however....if someone asks me nicely if i am able to blade them, and I see that it is a good idea, then I will. But mostly I just blade myself.

I was on my life the other day and joined a team up group from the kiosk.
I made a hit (i can't remember the amount of damage I did) and it killed everything, and a couple of peeps said to me......Darn....who says life cannot make a good hit?? LOL

I used to have a questing partner who was Myth School. And I do agree....that once you get your gear and spell from Darkmoore, You will be leet. I have seen my partner put out the damage. And to this day I am frightened at 'The Ant" spell. I will play with a Myth School any day and enjoy it.
So take some tips....don't let it bother you. Just do your thing! You will be fine. Have fun and Good Luck Go!

Scarlet ShadowStone

Survivor
Aug 31, 2012
Myth is just in an awkard spot. I think they're great for solo, but every school kinda has a clean purpose in a full team and Myth just doesn't fill any of them easily. If you're a myth and you've got better stats than a storm or a fire and they insist on hitting, I feel that struggle. But at the end of the day, if your stats are even to a storm or fire, they should be the one hitting and the only one hitting. It's just the most efficient way of getting things done.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2015
I understood everyone's points but all I was saying is simply that myth is a damage dealer as well, that's their role, they don't have anything else, they have stuns and shield breaks/charm removals but that's mainly for pvp, I don't think it's fair to chose a storm over a myth, a fire over a myth, a storm over fire and whatsoever, all three of them are hitter schools and they can dish out relatively equal damage with storm cutting it a bit higher. Now I'm not saying death or life or balance or any other school cannot hit either but myth simply does not have anything else but its hits to it, and if I have a storm with me I basically feel like I'm being looked at as some kind of useless burden. If you have a full DPS party with you, like in many other games, you either 1.Buff the one that is clearly above everyone else or 2.Let everyone buff on their own and hit at once and get it over with. I don't believe storm has enough damage to outshine fire and myth, they certainly do higher like maybe 20-30% higher but that's not enough for me to sacrifice my own damage to buff them for example. Once again I want to reinforce my point that I understand why you'd buff a storm over a myth but I'm just upset that myth is being thrown around so often as if it has no defined role while it does pretty much same damage as fire....I often find myself outdamaging storm wizards that have the same gear like me, but then again maybe that's because I'm still pre lvl 100. Like correct me if I am wrong but I can already reach 50k hits by myself without critical in azteca where bosses have 20-30k hp relatively fast(2 feints 3-4 blades and a rank10 spell does the trick), I saw that in empyrea the average is 100-200k.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2012
GuardianOfPie on May 31, 2020 wrote:
I understood everyone's points but all I was saying is simply that myth is a damage dealer as well, that's their role, they don't have anything else, they have stuns and shield breaks/charm removals but that's mainly for pvp, I don't think it's fair to chose a storm over a myth, a fire over a myth, a storm over fire and whatsoever, all three of them are hitter schools and they can dish out relatively equal damage with storm cutting it a bit higher. Now I'm not saying death or life or balance or any other school cannot hit either but myth simply does not have anything else but its hits to it, and if I have a storm with me I basically feel like I'm being looked at as some kind of useless burden. If you have a full DPS party with you, like in many other games, you either 1.Buff the one that is clearly above everyone else or 2.Let everyone buff on their own and hit at once and get it over with. I don't believe storm has enough damage to outshine fire and myth, they certainly do higher like maybe 20-30% higher but that's not enough for me to sacrifice my own damage to buff them for example. Once again I want to reinforce my point that I understand why you'd buff a storm over a myth but I'm just upset that myth is being thrown around so often as if it has no defined role while it does pretty much same damage as fire....I often find myself outdamaging storm wizards that have the same gear like me, but then again maybe that's because I'm still pre lvl 100. Like correct me if I am wrong but I can already reach 50k hits by myself without critical in azteca where bosses have 20-30k hp relatively fast(2 feints 3-4 blades and a rank10 spell does the trick), I saw that in empyrea the average is 100-200k.
I think you're kind of missing the point there. If you do the math, it is significantly more efficient to have one hitter with the highest damage output to hit. Here's the math. Say that you have 4 people individually hitting. To keep things simple, it's 1000K damage for everyone's hit and everyone's blade has a 1.3x multiplier. All of this is over 3 rounds

Scenario 1, everyone blades themselves twice and hits:

(1000*1.3^2)*4 = 6760

Now let's see what happens if everyone blades one person:

1000*(1.3^11) = 17921

Also, after Khrysalis everything is incredibly easy. I don't know why, but they nerfed all 3 worlds in the 3rd arc to the ground and most bosses will have 10-15k health from that point on.