Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I want to know what the best school is

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 22, 2011
I only want what the good stuff about the schools, nothing bad. So, tell me, what is the best school? Give me examples of why this school is good for pvps, soloing, and have a blast in the game!
P.S. I only want to know because I am thinking of starting over!

-Wolf, Level 55, Death

Survivor
May 21, 2011
One of my good friends is a storm, and he can solo almost anything! It's a really strong school with devastating attacks. I would go with storm and life as a secondary.
Sydney Mistcatcher
Level 58 Fire

Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
Storm if youre looking at high damage spells because if you wanna go through a fight quick just put a blade and storm lord if that doesnt defeat your opponents just tempest them thats my tactic to use. And if youre looking at helpful and medium damage go with life you can heal and attack which is good.

Hope I helped and good luck questing :D

Explorer
May 07, 2011
Sigh.....
All schools are EQUAL. There is no best school. Every school has its strengths and weaknesses. So in other words, this question has no answer.

Explorer
May 22, 2011
Squire
Feb 29, 2012
bcu50 wrote:
One of my good friends is a storm, and he can solo almost anything! It's a really strong school with devastating attacks. I would go with storm and life as a secondary.
Sydney Mistcatcher
Level 58 Fire

That combination does have drawbacks. Sometimes when waiting to heal you die, but overall this is good.

Defender
May 17, 2011
Well, I think that ice as your main and death as your second is a killer combo. You have tower shield, tons and tons and tons of health, feint, decent damage, and healing! Its probably, in my opinion, one of the best combos. In pvp you will be very strong because of your health and death spells (and feint). Also, for soloing, you don't really need to have balance and life wizards help you because of your health and death spells.

Good luck!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
There is no such thing as a "best school." Each person has his or her favorite. And each school has their strengths and weaknesses.

I personal love Ice for the high life levels, and yes, it can be extremely powerful if played correctly, so ignore those that say Ice is weak. It does, however, take a bit more time to acquire strength.

My second favorite is Death because you can self-heal. My highest ranking Death wizard is in Dragonspyre and has yet to be defeated.

What I've done to figure out what schools I like is to create a new wizard. I give it awhile and if I just can't master it, or if it's too frustrating, I delete and try something else. :D

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
laulenak wrote:
Well, I think that ice as your main and death as your second is a killer combo. You have tower shield, tons and tons and tons of health, feint, decent damage, and healing! Its probably, in my opinion, one of the best combos. In pvp you will be very strong because of your health and death spells (and feint). Also, for soloing, you don't really need to have balance and life wizards help you because of your health and death spells.

Good luck!

My Archmage Ice is an Ice/Death combo, and I love it.

RavenLady777 wrote:
There is no such thing as a "best school." Each person has his or her favorite. And each school has their strengths and weaknesses.

I personal love Ice for the high life levels, and yes, it can be extremely powerful if played correctly, so ignore those that say Ice is weak. It does, however, take a bit more time to acquire strength.

My second favorite is Death because you can self-heal. My highest ranking Death wizard is in Dragonspyre and has yet to be defeated.

What I've done to figure out what schools I like is to create a new wizard. I give it awhile and if I just can't master it, or if it's too frustrating, I delete and try something else.

I agree that there isn't a school that's the best. Each school has it's own uniqueness.

Each one takes time to master. No two schools are going to fight the same way.

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
tatepercival wrote:
I only want what the good stuff about the schools, nothing bad. So, tell me, what is the best school? Give me examples of why this school is good for pvps, soloing, and have a blast in the game!
P.S. I only want to know because I am thinking of starting over!

-Wolf, Level 55, Death

This is a topic that's been going on for a long long time. The REAL answer to this is just this. There is no best school there all good. I can solo with fire death ice life storm and so on. I have ones I like better then the others but there all good. Learn them and understand how to play them. RavenLady said it best *There is no such thing as a "best school." Each person has his or her favorite. And each school has their strengths and weaknesses. *

Find what school you like and go from there. Good luck and have fun :)

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
My personal favorite has ALWAYS been storm.

Storm/Life.

Also, the new spell healing current is absolutely beautiful and really wonderful to have. I just love the "Wildness" of it.