Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I need help for my gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 23, 2013
Im running with the WW gear and im lvl 88 balance and i want to hit harder but i have no idea what i should get would love your advise

Explorer
Feb 19, 2012
level 88 ok what world are you in? I would guess Azteca well you have a couple options so 1 is you can go 2 more levels and farm tatarus for the hades gear farm cronus for athame and goliath for the ring or you could craft the robe from Azteca and I don't remember about the hat there but I stayed with a hat I crafted in zafaria for my fire wiz and there was a nice pair of boots I crafted out of Azteca also those items are better then water works gear just so you know though with my hat that I crafted I lost resist but gained damage and critical stats and also got a elemental card

so yea that's what I did

liam stormbrand
TEAM BRING IT

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
1hit5kills on Oct 16, 2015 wrote:
Im running with the WW gear and im lvl 88 balance and i want to hit harder but i have no idea what i should get would love your advise
at this point, try and hatch for a damage-boosting pet~ until you get to level 100, waterworks is still the best gear in-game.

-von
exalted

Explorer
Feb 12, 2013
Honestly, people say WW gear is the best, but I found way better gear from the bazaar. I kept looking for good gear in the bazaar and I now have better hits, critical, etc. I'm only level 86 and I have over 5,000 health. It's worth it.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
FrostFlake_123 on Oct 17, 2015 wrote:
Honestly, people say WW gear is the best, but I found way better gear from the bazaar. I kept looking for good gear in the bazaar and I now have better hits, critical, etc. I'm only level 86 and I have over 5,000 health. It's worth it.
It's more balanced than any of the gear you'll find in the Bazaar. You won't find gear with relatively good health, power pip chance or accuracy, damage and resistance with some incoming healing, crit and block in the bazaar. Even so, I'd say crafted boots are better due to the increased block. I also prefer using the Wintertusk crafted hat, because the loss of stats is negligible when you take into account the fact that it gives a blade.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2013
I crafted my hat from Wintertusk but I got shoes that focused on health, critical block, and accuracy and a robe that focused on power pips, accuracy, hits, and critical. Farming WW takes a while. Just a suggestion.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
FrostFlake_123 on Oct 19, 2015 wrote:
I crafted my hat from Wintertusk but I got shoes that focused on health, critical block, and accuracy and a robe that focused on power pips, accuracy, hits, and critical. Farming WW takes a while. Just a suggestion.
this is true~ if you don't have time/don't want to farm waterworks, you can craft the level 56 gear in wintertusk; it's close enough to ww (and all of my wizards, except balance, have used it, she was my first wizard and i didn't know any better back then).

@lewski, if you are using shango's blade amulet, it doesn't stack with the blade on the crafted gear... i never actually noticed it until my theurgist/4th wizard hit level 56. i do agree, though, that the level 66/76/etc. crafted boots are better for all schools except balance (i crafted them for mine, just never used them).

don't bother with hades gear~ there are 3 sets, only one of which is worth it (*cough* darkmoor *cough*). i farmed for 2 years on 3 wizards and saw only one piece of gear (my balance wizard's boots; which, if you get the right ones, are a nice upgrade from ww). but it's not worth the frustration. if you want to be angry for no reason, just wait for darkmoor and you'll be an angry, stressed-out, burnt-out ball of rage soon enough).

the only level 90 gear that's worth it is 1) alpha & omega ring (from glad. dimachaerus) and athame of the felled titan (from cronus)... that is, if you can get them. like most drops these days, they're so elusive that (unless you're stupidly lucky) it'll probably be years before you get it.

-von "almost 2 years and still no morganthe amulet for my diviner" shadowsong

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
1hit5kills on Oct 16, 2015 wrote:
you should try to craft some of the azteca gear or level up to level 90 and fight hades he drops some good gear. good luck

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Dr Von on Oct 21, 2015 wrote:
this is true~ if you don't have time/don't want to farm waterworks, you can craft the level 56 gear in wintertusk; it's close enough to ww (and all of my wizards, except balance, have used it, she was my first wizard and i didn't know any better back then).

@lewski, if you are using shango's blade amulet, it doesn't stack with the blade on the crafted gear... i never actually noticed it until my theurgist/4th wizard hit level 56. i do agree, though, that the level 66/76/etc. crafted boots are better for all schools except balance (i crafted them for mine, just never used them).

don't bother with hades gear~ there are 3 sets, only one of which is worth it (*cough* darkmoor *cough*). i farmed for 2 years on 3 wizards and saw only one piece of gear (my balance wizard's boots; which, if you get the right ones, are a nice upgrade from ww). but it's not worth the frustration. if you want to be angry for no reason, just wait for darkmoor and you'll be an angry, stressed-out, burnt-out ball of rage soon enough).

the only level 90 gear that's worth it is 1) alpha & omega ring (from glad. dimachaerus) and athame of the felled titan (from cronus)... that is, if you can get them. like most drops these days, they're so elusive that (unless you're stupidly lucky) it'll probably be years before you get it.

-von "almost 2 years and still no morganthe amulet for my diviner" shadowsong
Oh yeah, I forgot Shango's amulets even existed.