Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I need advice on decks

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 22, 2017
im a level 22 death student. I have a deck that can hold 20 cards. What should I have in there?

Survivor
Jul 24, 2015
Sometimes it's better to have less cards than more so that you can pull the cards that you want efficiently. It's not strategic to fill your deck completely with all hits either. You're death so most of your spells can heal you back, meaning you don't need to put in heals. It's easier and more strategic to use blades and traps to set up for bigger hits instead of continuously hitting, especially during a boss battle. For mob battles, you can put in a few banshees, vampires and skeletal pirates of your choice, a few death blades, maybe some death traps if you find that necessary, and possibly curses.

For boss fights, put in skeletal pirates because it does the most damage for a level 22 death wizard, a few death blades, death traps, and curses. For the minions in boss fights, keep a vampire or banshee. You do not have a hit all (aoe) spell at level 22 so you need to prepare for multiple hits.

Remember: setting up with blades and traps is important for a death because you do not deal as much damage as some other schools and you do not have hit all spells.