Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I just need to vent (again).

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
I was in Dragonspyre. Someone came up to me in the Basilica and asked me "to help them with a little dungeon". (Note: I didn't know there were "little" dungeons in Dragonspyre. :? )

Since I had some extra time, I said okay. They added me to their friends list, and then said "teleport to me when I say it's okay", which I did.

Well, needless to say, it wasn't "a little dungeon". So after five levels of fighting, we reach the end, and my new "friend" says "Wow. Look at this. Let's go look around some more."

At this point, I look at their stats and guess what...

This was a Level 27 in Dragonspyre. They didn't have any quests in Dragonspyre, and they shouldn't have even been there at Level 27.

And yet, she turned to me and said "can you help me some more?"

No way...

I deleted her from my friends list and switched realms.

Adios Amigo !

(Note: I don't mind helping you when you really need it. But please don't waste my time "looking around" in a world where you should not even be.)

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
If that happened to me, I would have checked their stats from the first time they spoke. And upon finding that they are too low a level to really be there, I would ask what dungeon. Or, I would say "yes - I'll follow you." If this was truly their quest, they should more than likely have an arrow and access to the area. (Maybe they picked up a side quest in the Plaza, but they can't access entering the Athenaeum .) If they don't access (some have actually said "I'll port to you"), then I say I'm sorry.

If someone is openly asking for help in any of the common areas, I click on them through the text box to see what level they are already. Then I will or will not offer my help - it depends. I know someone can be reasonably low if they skip side quests - but I think I know what is too low to be in a given area.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Are you kidding me?! I'm sorry, but the egg is all over your face. Who in their right mind helps someone without immediately asking the specific name of the dungeon they need help with or even looking at their page to see what level they are (I don't know if you've noticed, but lower levels will wear clothes that have no stats just to look like they belong in the world they're exploring)? Have you not seen the dozens of threads complaining about lower levels in higher level worlds? No offense, but you asked for this. Do not "vent" in the Forums if you have no room to vent.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
If she wants to vent, she's entitled to. I don't see any rule in the Code of Conduct that forbids complaining.

Honeybee: I'm surprised that you didn't check the level before starting. That said, there is a lot of low-level access to Dragonspyre and Celestia. A few months ago, I helped a couple of wizards do an instance in Dragonspyre. Just before the last boss was defeated, another wizard teleported in and joined. She had less than 500 maximum health. The boss was dispatched, and the battle was over. The new wizard was level 1. Obviously this was a friend or second account who wanted to gain a lot of levels for no effort.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
ellielee wrote:
If that happened to me, I would have checked their stats from the first time they spoke. And upon finding that they are too low a level to really be there, I would ask what dungeon. Or, I would say "yes - I'll follow you." If this was truly their quest, they should more than likely have an arrow and access to the area. (Maybe they picked up a side quest in the Plaza, but they can't access entering the Athenaeum .) If they don't access (some have actually said "I'll port to you"), then I say I'm sorry.

If someone is openly asking for help in any of the common areas, I click on them through the text box to see what level they are already. Then I will or will not offer my help - it depends. I know someone can be reasonably low if they skip side quests - but I think I know what is too low to be in a given area.

Thanks ellielee. I didn't think to check the stats first. Won't happen again though...

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
colagada wrote:
If she wants to vent, she's entitled to. I don't see any rule in the Code of Conduct that forbids complaining.

Honeybee: I'm surprised that you didn't check the level before starting. That said, there is a lot of low-level access to Dragonspyre and Celestia. A few months ago, I helped a couple of wizards do an instance in Dragonspyre. Just before the last boss was defeated, another wizard teleported in and joined. She had less than 500 maximum health. The boss was dispatched, and the battle was over. The new wizard was level 1. Obviously this was a friend or second account who wanted to gain a lot of levels for no effort.

Wow. I am really impressed. I have never seen you being so compassionate on these boards. Thank you, Colagada. I really appreciate the support. And I did learn my lesson.