Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to spend excess training points?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 14, 2015
I have a few excess training points, Haven't found a good use for them, i have 4 in total, should i save up more? or can i put these to use ASAP?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
iceyfire202 on Jan 2, 2017 wrote:
I have a few excess training points, Haven't found a good use for them, i have 4 in total, should i save up more? or can i put these to use ASAP?
Specify your school and level.

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
You haven't given enough information for anyone to really give you good advice. Things like wizard type, current spells, secondary school (if you have one), mastery amulet (if you have one), etc. would be significant factors in what spells you want to get.

Personally once I got certain spells, I saved the rest until I could start learning Astral magic. Sun and Star magic are easily (in my eyes) way more useful than most secondary schools.

Another thing to consider is that free membership training pops up every few months or so, so you could potentially get spells useful now and wait for an event to change them out for future usefulness.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
I suggest you train a second or third school. I suggest you chose Ice as your second school because you get tower shield which is very useful. If you already have trained a second school then chose your third school as Death because of feint, which is another very useful spell which in my opinion, all wizards should train.

- Shelby Nightbreeze level 118 wizard
- Rylee Winterbreeze level 17 wizard

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Without knowing anything about your situation, like what level you are, what schools you trained, etc .... it's hard to give you specific advice.

Generally speaking, though, these are things to consider:

Second schools become useless after level 50 and instead you will begin training Astral schools. At level 90-95, you'll have access to shadow spells. There are also special trainers here and there that offer select spells (one by the PVP arena, one in Colossus Blvd, one in Krokotopia on an island, one in Marleybone Digmore Station, etc). So basically, save your training points until something comes along that you know will help you. Don't spend them just to spend them because you have to pay crowns and sell them ALL back if you end up changing your mind on those 4 later on.

Hope that helps,

Alia Misthaven