Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to properly add the damage on Fire Dragon

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
35
I'll be honest, I have never understood how you added the damage for D.O.T spells. I've owned the spell Fire Dragon for years and I've always wondered how much it actually did. So I did some math (please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this) the first initial hit does 440 damage, then the overtime does 351 over 3 rounds. Take 351 x 3 and that equals 1,053 damage, then add on the damage from the first initial hit and that adds up to: 1,493 damage. Am I wrong? Did I make a mistake somewhere? Or is that just how insanely powerful Fire Dragon is? (Especially for a lvl 48 spell)

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
You're wrong, it's 440 + 117 +117 +117 = 791 base damage.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2014
9
  • I do not know. Though the thing with this spell is you need to add blades and all the traps. The thing is also that when you get that spell the damage will depend on what level you are in. When you are in a higher level you may get some clothing items that boost your damage up so it may be different of what you calculated there.
  • Also there are some astral spells that enhance blades and traps and you start getting that when you are in Azteca ,and you get the fire dragon spell when you are in dragons spyre so the damage of the spell changes over time.

So basically what I am trying to say is the damage of the spell depends on what level you are in.

The higher the level the more the D.O.T. does

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2318
SenseiOfFlame on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
I'll be honest, I have never understood how you added the damage for D.O.T spells. I've owned the spell Fire Dragon for years and I've always wondered how much it actually did. So I did some math (please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this) the first initial hit does 440 damage, then the overtime does 351 over 3 rounds. Take 351 x 3 and that equals 1,053 damage, then add on the damage from the first initial hit and that adds up to: 1,493 damage. Am I wrong? Did I make a mistake somewhere? Or is that just how insanely powerful Fire Dragon is? (Especially for a lvl 48 spell)
no, fire dragon works like this:

The initial hit is 440 and then it damages an additional 351 over 3 rounds, or 117 per round.

The only way to boost it's power is either with blades, traps, critical hits, boost damage, or damage enhancing sun school spells

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
945
That's not how it works. "X damage over Y rounds" means that the damage shown is the total damage, but it's spread over a number of rounds, usually three. Divide the damage by the number of rounds to get the damage per tick.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
240
You don't multiply 351 x 3, you divide 351 by 3. The total damage would be 440 plus 351, or 791. Hope this clears it up for you.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
503
Let's not forget, there are new jewels that give out specific school damages that increase the flat damage values of their spells' flat amounts through socketing specific gears' sockets. Remember, the amount of the flat damage values increases applies to every amount, especially D.O.T amounts' through each round. Keep an eye out for them.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
35
dayerider on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
no, fire dragon works like this:

The initial hit is 440 and then it damages an additional 351 over 3 rounds, or 117 per round.

The only way to boost it's power is either with blades, traps, critical hits, boost damage, or damage enhancing sun school spells
Oh ok, that was my second guess. Thanks for correcting me!

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
154
Trimond297 on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
Let's not forget, there are new jewels that give out specific school damages that increase the flat damage values of their spells' flat amounts through socketing specific gears' sockets. Remember, the amount of the flat damage values increases applies to every amount, especially D.O.T amounts' through each round. Keep an eye out for them.
Actually flat damage goes on the first hit once, and again split on the DoT.

So for dragon it's 440+10 then (351+10)/3 for 3 rounds

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
503
Frost Wind on Apr 24, 2015 wrote:
Actually flat damage goes on the first hit once, and again split on the DoT.

So for dragon it's 440+10 then (351+10)/3 for 3 rounds
Oh. I got a bit confused on that after one of the Wizards informed me the differences between percentage & flat damages' values. Sorry.