Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to chage chat fillter

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
How can i chage the chat fillter because i have seen people on youtube that chat has yellow not red and it shows but they were all high lvls so i think you have to be a member (i am) but when i got to my account and mess around with the chat setings it makes it so i can talk and cant talk so idk. can you help?

Your answer is right in the Help & Support Frequently Asked Questions. Please refer to these before you post.

Text Chat for players with under 13 accounts can only be turned on by a parent/guardian over age 18. The parent/guardian must validate his/her age by buying a subscription or crowns with a valid credit card.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Your answer is right in the Help & Support Frequently Asked Questions. Please refer to these before you post.

Text Chat for players with under 13 accounts can only be turned on by a parent/guardian over age 18. The parent/guardian must validate his/her age by buying a subscription or crowns with a valid credit card.

Ok Zeke, but what about those of us who are adults (I am over the age of 30) and I am a paying member with a valid credit card, yet, I still have the filtered chat. I'm not out to say bad words or anything of that nature because I recognize the fact that there are underage children playing, I simply am tired of trying to figure out a way to say something simple because the filter chooses the oddest words to filter out.

--Click My Accounts
----Under Account Management
The Chat settings should read as follows:
Chat - Filtered Text: On
Chat - Open Chat: On

You can use the Enable/Disable buttons to change the different levels of chat.
Filtered Text must be ON to enable Open Chat.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.