Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How should I play myth later into the game?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 13, 2019
So, my main wizard is a myth wizard, so far soloing has been pretty easy since I went very defensive (Tower shield, then life up to satyr) but now that i'm in mooshu, I find it much harder to even solo street monsters. How am I supposed to play this wizard type in this part of the game?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
As a Myth, I strongly recommend training death to Feint.

Since you don't have enough training points to currently partake in that, consider buying and using Feint Treasures.

I also recommend you use this simple technique:

Small Deck - Blade, Enchant, Feint (if necessary), Hummongofrog, Repeat.

Now, in order to ensure success, you will need a few treasures, namely:

• TC Versions of Mythblade & Spiritual Blade (Optional).
  • TC Versions of Giant, Monstrous, Strong Etc. - This is how you will enchant your attacking spells.
  • TC Versions of Feint (For bosses)
  • TC Versions of Myth & Mass Myth Prisms - For myth foes.

Have these treasures placed within your side deck.

I also recommend having a Troll and Cyclops in your deck in case an enemy survives.

This technique can take you through the breath of the game.

Obviously, adjustments will have to be made according to the foe(s) you face.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I have forgotten what they are called but get some of those cards that let you turn your school hit into another school hit.

Then use those when fighting myth school monsters.

When it's really hard, you can try to get a henchman once in a while.

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
If you have friends in a higher world, ask them to trade you monsterous tc. They are extremely helpful as they boost the damage of any attack they're applied to by 175. Also, as stated before train into feint, that will help immsensly.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
SparkleTude on Oct 5, 2019 wrote:
I have forgotten what they are called but get some of those cards that let you turn your school hit into another school hit.

Then use those when fighting myth school monsters.

When it's really hard, you can try to get a henchman once in a while.
You're referring to mutations.

There are plenty other options available that can be used instead of wasting training points on mutates.

Plus, myth only has one card that is able to be mutated, Minotaur, which will deal and death damage.

Converts are better.

Survivor
Oct 27, 2018
Ah, Im in Mooshu as well with my Myth wizard, I know the struggle.

I recommend getting cards that increase your spell damage, such as Tough, Strong, and Giant.

Always carry a couple prisms with you when facing myth enemies, carry a few more against myth bosses.

I recommend this deck composition when fighting street enemies:
1 Myth Blade
1 Spirit Blade OR 2 Myth Traps
1 Time of Legend (for enemies with +1000 HP)
2-3 Humongofrogs
1 Troll (a quick finish)
2 Prisms vs myth enemies (Prism each one first, then trap)
3-4 Wand Hits
1-2 Fairies (In case you take some heavy hits while setting up)
All together its 12-15 cards, I'd stick with less than 20 to find the cards you want, faster. You can still throw in another Humongofrog or a couple more blades/traps if you'd like.

I use tower shield with my myth if im facing bosses, helps me stay defensive while preparing a big hit.
Summon Golem is also an option I take, to soften enemies just a tad.

Whenever I face bosses, I remove 1 Humongofrog, add 2 Minotaur's, Max tower shield, 2 traps for the Minotaur's double hit, all while staying at around 17-20 cards.

If you still can't solo dungeons, find some buddies to help you!

I hope this helps you out!

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
What we do without Star Edward on here? He always has excellent advice. I just wanted to let him know how much he is appreciated. I also wanted to say that Lenny Legend gave some solid advice on deck setup that is very easy to understand. Hope this helped out the OP! This is great to see the community helping out low level conjurers. Kudos!!

Angela Legend