Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How many wizards do you have?

1
AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
575
Straightforward question I believe. Note I am not asking about members in your family on a shared account, I mean just you personally

And if you have more than one, which is your favorite?

I wouldn't use more than one wizard. Too much time, too much effort and way too expensive, real cash and gold wise. Plus the going back and forth between wizards is just not worth the hassle. I like having one wizard. Easier to manage, cheaper and with all the time spent with that one school, you can't help but become pretty good at it.

Of course, my wizard is myth. I wouldn't dream of another school, but if there was no myth, I would be ice. Love my cold weather.

bonus Q: Why do you have more than one wizard?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
2779
I have six wizards on my first account. I would have "seven" but we only have six school desks...

My first and most favorite is Life. Then I have (in order of preference) Myth, Death, Fire, Ice, and another Life.

I had only one wizard until I reached Marleybone. I thought Marleybone was so long. I got tired of it, so I started a new wizard. Then after a while, I went back to my first wizard again and got her through a little bit more of Marleybone.

I also use Grizzleheim as a distraction from areas I need to get away from (like Marleybone).

Now I seem to be working all six wizards together. My first one finally reached Celestia, but I'm having a hard time getting her through... There is just such a delay with "collect so many items..." and fighting so many battles that say "did not collect that item...". I'm having a hard time keeping track of the storyline because it's taking so long to complete just one quest.

So I go back to my other five wizards who are all in very close stages of Dragonspyre. I like doing it this way because the first wizard in Dragonspyre (my Myth one) finds out what I need for different quests, so the others are ready for it when they get there.

I did have a Storm wizard which I deleted because it was just way too powerful and predictable. I loved the power but didn't really enjoy the challenge. And I did have a Balance wizard which I also deleted because I couldn't quite get the hang of that school. It didn't seem like the spells were powerful enough. It had a lot of good things about it, but I really wasn't into that school either. No offense to Storm or Balance, just my own personal experience and playing style.


Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
CorbinW wrote:
Straightforward question I believe. Note I am not asking about members in your family on a shared account, I mean just you personally

And if you have more than one, which is your favorite?

I wouldn't use more than one wizard. Too much time, too much effort and way too expensive, real cash and gold wise. Plus the going back and forth between wizards is just not worth the hassle. I like having one wizard. Easier to manage, cheaper and with all the time spent with that one school, you can't help but become pretty good at it.

Of course, my wizard is myth. I wouldn't dream of another school, but if there was no myth, I would be ice. Love my cold weather.

bonus Q: Why do you have more than one wizard?


I have 6. I started with one, an ice (which is still my favorite), but then after I beat everything I found myself wanting to try spells you can't get as an ice, so I made a balance. I now have everything but a death wizard though I may possibly kill off one of my existing six (I have two that haven't quite finished everything yet) and start a death just because. I have them because I enjoy the game. To me, it doesn't seem like all that much time and effort, and I'm cheap... so I don't understand why you say its too much cash. I just pay a monthly subscription and all six are included in that one monthly price whether I play them or not. If you bought any crown items along the way with other wizards, you can pass them on to your new one through the shared bank.

Playing one wizard will make you pretty good with that one school, but I assure you, forcing yourself to try out different strategies with each school of magic can really change and improve your game with that original wizard. Incidentally... I love my myth as well. :)

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
575
Wow, you guys are machines! Haha. Enjoy it.
First poster, I had a storm but deleted it after lvl 15. I just hated it. Nothing but power. Nothing else at all. it's just a get in and hope you hit and get out.

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
174
When I first started last Aug - I tested as Myth. I got her to MB and got frustrated with the world and got passed, and left behind.

I made a second one Balance w/fire. She was still learning the ways of the game and balance. By the time she hit DS, I found I love Balance! Love Ra and Nova, but Judgement is hard to beat! She hit legendary in Dec. and is done with all quests. She crafted critical gear. She's currently working on leveling the new nightmare and egg pets that she got spritely. She's great at helping others and farming. :D

All the while, I started a Death w/myth. She was amazing and I soloed most of all the worlds! New perpective and different experience for the game. I had to learn not to think balance. I love Death and scarecrow. She changed second school to ice and became legendary in Feb. She still needs Grizzle. Along the way, I also learned it is best to do ALL quests as you go for better experience level as you go in the worlds.

I'm currently working on a Storm w/death in Mooshu - almost to DS. The fizzles were frustraing at first, and still is in a way. But I love the power of storm and the spells are great! It's going pretty quick because of what I know and have learned from the previous wizards.

I have started an Ice w/death. She is my relaxing/ down time wizard. For when I don't feel like having 5 cries for help lol. She's in the pyramid in Krok.

I am planning to scrap my Myth. She's in DS now. She's changed second schools at least 3 times along the way and I just never bonded with her spells. Though my favorite myth spell is orthrus. So I've sold her house and emptied all her bank.

My reason for having multiple wizards is to learn and enjoy the different schools - and mostly for the love of the game. I am already thinking my next one will be Life. I have passed good crown equipment down as each wizard levels. Any good equipment drops I have passed accordingly as well. Managing reagents between wizards have helped for crafting assignments. They all have their homes and pet projects. My balance is farming the Sentinel at DS for a Kraken statue for my storm's house... It's not as confusing as one would think. Maybe for my friends who have friended all my wizards lol.

My favorite wizard/school? Always seems to be the current one I'm working on. So it's Storm for now. :D I can't wait for Storm Lord spell!

Nora RavenSong lvl 60 balance
Ellie NightWeaver lvl 60 death
Lenora LionHeart lvl 50 (or 51?) myth - about to be scrapped
Nora SeaStone lvl 42 storm
Ellie WinterBane lvl 17 ice

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
345
I have five wizards now. (I have had six total. I deleted my Balance. I just could not get into playing her.) My first was my Life. She is my favorite because she was my first. She is Legendary. I waited a long then made a Death. I love playing her cause I can solo most everything. Celestia is not nearly as hard on her so far. Next I made a Storm. She is a challenge due to her low health and fizzle rate. Next was an Ice. She is fun and a tank. I can easily solo on her with her high health. Life and Ice are slow battles, but hard to kill. My newest is a Fire. She is fun and easy to solo with. I love them all for different reasons.

Megan

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
1708
Wow...why do you have more than one wizard...several answers:

1) It doesn't take long to level a character to 60, many do it in a month. This game is just too good to only play a month...or even play just a year.

2) Just like I don't eat the same lunch every day, I would get bored without the variety of multiple schools/characters.

3) It allows you to see the same problems and you get to solve them with different tools (spells).

How many do I have...let us just say multiple accounts, with all schools present, multiple level 60s by now, and over a half-dozen deleted so I can make new ones.

My favorite school is Death followed by Life. They favor the way I try to arrange my life...more predictable (less fizzle) logical play which can stand alone but still personally make a group more than the sum of their characters.

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
303
Wishing for a 7th :P

I like them all evenly for different reasons. I dont have a life wizard, i probably would have enjoyed her more had i waited until life blade i probably would have kept her. But then i never would have had given myth a chance. And while i dont like most of myths attacks, she has been very effective.

If i had to rate them it would be:

1st - death
2nd - balance
tied for third = all elemental schools and myth.

:P

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
522
I have 6. The only reason why I have so many was because I was getting tired of the same spells that I could see them in my sleep! A couple things too that I do is I have more reagents when I need them, same with pet snacks, and if I get the same pet from a hatching I can give it to my other wizards. I also do not have to sell wands and some higher gear because my other wizards can have it.

Saffron Ghostheart- life/storm level 58, in Celestia
Jennifer Deathheart- death/ice level 32 almost done with Marelybone
Kaitlyn Ghostheart- myth/ice level 25? 26? just started Marleybone
Danielle Rosesinger- balance/myth level 16 (not really working on my last three at the moment)
Melissa Skyrider- fire/life level14
Cassandra Mistcloud - storm /fire level 14

Survivor
Mar 20, 2010
10
I agree with most of you. I love have different wizards to try the different styles and skills. It can get a bit confusing when you are in a battle wondering why your balance blade does not show up and you remember you are using your ice wizard! lol

I tested ICE and my first wizard is ICE/Life Level 33 in Marleybone. She is my favorite and I have bonded with her and love her. She is the ice tank and while it may take her longer, she almost never loses!

My Balance/Death is a Level 24 in Krockotopia, just got in Tomb of Storms. She is my vacation wizard who I love to play to relax. I've been surprised at how good she is and she does not lose much either. I really like and appreciate Balance School and am glad I have her.

MY Life/Storm is Level 14 and just starting Collusus Blvd. I think, she has key to Krockotopia, but I'm going to make her do Collusus Blvd/. I like being able to heal others. Life and Storm is a good combo. Life keeps herself going when the Storm spells fizzle and they do fizzle! She loses a good bit, I'm not used to that!

I had a Storm/Death and I deleted her about Level 16. I tried to like her, but frankly I could not stand her! She died all the time and her spells fizzled and I even did not like her clothes! lol

I was going to take my Ice/Life and buy back her training points to see how I liked Death as a second school, but decided to just start an Ice/Death. I really like her. She is Level 14 about to do Collosus Blvd. I will probably advance her before my Life/Storm.

It is a good opportunity to try different schools and spells and see how you like them. When you switch it takes a while to adjust to the different style. Makes it more fun.

I have learned I am an ICE school fan and my two favorites are Ice/Life and Ice/death. I do enjoy my Balance/Death, she is quite accomplished and does a great job. I will keep her.

Makes the game more fun and gives you more chances to play!

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
115
Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
85
I have 6.

1. Moira Stromgiver- Death/Fire Legendary
2. Jason Deathslinger - Balance/Elemental Legendary
3.Chelsea Blueblade - Life/Spirit Legendary
4.Moira Stormslinger- Storm/Elemental Master
5. Caroline Deathslinger- Life/Death Journeyman
6.Alexis Ashbloom-Life/Storm Master (Going away to make room for maybe a Fire or Ice primary)

Had a Myth, but had to many probs so that one went away. Also had Ice (it was ok, just wanted something a bit stronger, hence the Storm)

I have so many because one gets stuck and it gets SOOO frustrating so I work on one of the lowers. My Death Legend was stuck in CL, so I got Life Legend through GH (Life wasnt legend yet. Hadn't even unlocked CL yet.)
Death is done now, Life stuck in CL. So I work on my Storm Master (almost done with DS. YAY!)

Explorer
Mar 09, 2011
77
i'm kinfd of new to the game but i will chime in and agree with everyone who says they have multiple wizards.i dont know how any one can just use one.
the game is just too fun to stick with just one.the variety in the different spells and strategy of having different wizards makes the game fun.i'm not that far into the game all my wizards are between levels 10-13 i'll do a few quests with one one night then switch it up another night.i like using the different wizards i would have liked to have all 7 schools but 6 is good enough.my six schools are myth,balance,fire,life,storm & ice.i like each school for different reasons and have fun with them all but i must say in a short time myth & balance have become two of my fav's.
one negative thing though with using multiple wizards if you are just playing for fun with no true life friends playing like for ex:myself as an older player i only have my brother as a true life friend any wizards you hook up with as friends only know you as your one wizard you are currently using.other than that i love using multiple wizards,especially with them being so close in levels i learn exactly what i need for each quest.
using multiple wizards in my opinion is just flat out fun but everyone plays the game different ways and has different ideas.


Explorer
Aug 18, 2010
56
i only have one because unlike other who have no life and have 6 lvl 60 wizards i HAVE a life. there is no need to make 6 freaking wizards it is pointless. just choose a school and stick with it, if you find out it sucks than thats too bad!

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
1
I Have 6 :D This Is My Best. Ryan Blueshield Level 35 Storm Wizard :D

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
2779
dragonpfyre219 wrote:
I have 6.

1. Moira Stromgiver- Death/Fire Legendary
2. Jason Deathslinger - Balance/Elemental Legendary
3.Chelsea Blueblade - Life/Spirit Legendary
4.Moira Stormslinger- Storm/Elemental Master
5. Caroline Deathslinger- Life/Death Journeyman
6.Alexis Ashbloom-Life/Storm Master (Going away to make room for maybe a Fire or Ice primary)

Had a Myth, but had to many probs so that one went away. Also had Ice (it was ok, just wanted something a bit stronger, hence the Storm)

I have so many because one gets stuck and it gets SOOO frustrating so I work on one of the lowers. My Death Legend was stuck in CL, so I got Life Legend through GH (Life wasnt legend yet. Hadn't even unlocked CL yet.)
Death is done now, Life stuck in CL. So I work on my Storm Master (almost done with DS. YAY!)


Very interesting...but just one question. What is an "Elemental"?


Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
85
crazysteve25 wrote:
i only have one because unlike other who have no life and have 6 lvl 60 wizards i HAVE a life. there is no need to make 6 freaking wizards it is pointless. just choose a school and stick with it, if you find out it sucks than thats too bad!


Of my 6 I have three Legends and it took me quite a while to accomplish this because I do have a life. Most of us do. You can have a life and have more than one character.

Just choose a school and stick with it??? Where is the FUN in that???
Same things over and over??? Boring. I'd rather be able to switch over and work on another character when my main gets stuck. Much more interesting that way.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
85
Honeybee313 wrote:
dragonpfyre219 wrote:
I have 6.

1. Moira Stromgiver- Death/Fire Legendary
2. Jason Deathslinger - Balance/Elemental Legendary
3.Chelsea Blueblade - Life/Spirit Legendary
4.Moira Stormslinger- Storm/Elemental Master
5. Caroline Deathslinger- Life/Death Journeyman
6.Alexis Ashbloom-Life/Storm Master (Going away to make room for maybe a Fire or Ice primary)

Had a Myth, but had to many probs so that one went away. Also had Ice (it was ok, just wanted something a bit stronger, hence the Storm)

I have so many because one gets stuck and it gets SOOO frustrating so I work on one of the lowers. My Death Legend was stuck in CL, so I got Life Legend through GH (Life wasnt legend yet. Hadn't even unlocked CL yet.)
Death is done now, Life stuck in CL. So I work on my Storm Master (almost done with DS. YAY!)


Very interesting...but just one question. What is an "Elemental"?



By Elemental I mean Fire, Ice and Storm. My Balance character has a bit of all three (makes sense, Balance favors Elementals).

And by Spirit I mean Life, Myth, and Death. My Life Legend is all Spirit. Life primary, Death secondary, and A bit of Myth thrown in, oh and a bit of Moon too... but that doesn't quite count lol.

If you count the "normal" schools and Astral Schools, my Death Legend has 4, Life has 5, and Balance has 5.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
61
Well I have 3 accounts times 6 wizards each so it's 18 for me. No, I don't play them all the time but like trying different schools in different combinations just to see how they work together. Sometimes I'll play 2 of them together since I'm on at odd times and can't always count on friends to help in really difficult areas. Sometimes I'll get tired of some of them and delete and start over again trying something different. The only ones I don't do that with are my original ones. My favorite has to be my storm. She was my first and I guess I'm just partial to her.

Explorer
Mar 09, 2011
77
crazysteve25 wrote:
i only have one because unlike other who have no life and have 6 lvl 60 wizards i HAVE a life. there is no need to make 6 freaking wizards it is pointless. just choose a school and stick with it, if you find out it sucks than thats too bad!


there is no reason to be nasty!i'm sure everyone who plays will multiple wizards does it for the fun factor and not because they have no life!
i'm sure alot of older players like myself who work all day or have children do most of their gaming at night so how is that not having a life?
i think i can honestly say that most of us who have multiple wizards do it for the fun factor and to change things up a bit.i like using different wizards to experience the game in a different way and learn spells from different schools of focus as i'm sure alot of other players do.so to say its pointless to use multiple wizards is just being negative because from what i can see most players here enjoy using and creating multiple wizards.
i know this forum is supposed to be about different ideas and opinions and i deal with and respect that but again you can have an opinion without being nasty about it!

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
564
I have 6 of them. My main wizard is Caroline Sunbright level 60 life finished the game.

My other wizards are:
Laura Iceheart level 60 ice finished the game
Nicole Jadesword level 52 balance Celestia
Brittany Rainriver level 45 storm (Don't get on her much) Dragonspyre
Emily Spiritriver level 42 death Dragonspyre
Alexandra Redleaf level 16 fire (Almost 17) Krokotopia

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
2
I have 3 full accounts of wizards but having them work together makes questing that much faster. I have one or two warlords of every school and 10 legendary wizards. I also have been playing almost as long as Wizard 101 has been out, lol if you have played a long time its easy to have numerous wizards and a life :D Most of my wizards have the same friends added so it really doesn't matter which wizard I'm using. And most of my friends in wizard have all the schools completed as well, so when we quest or farm we just pick the combination of wizards that will be best. My first wizard took the longest so I can understand why some one with one wizard would think its so time consuming but I can go through quests very quickly now and I don't use dungeon cheat lvl ups.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2011
5
Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
342
Two. My main wiz is a legendary Balance/Life with Moon and Star. She's really good for general gameplay, but not the best for pvp. She would have to be my favorite wiz, and I'm looking forward to the new amulets so I can use Centaur more often and heal more quickly. I'm pretty sure she's a pvp sergeant... I think...

My other wiz is one I created for 1v1 pvp. She's lvl 16 Death/Ice, and I'm almost to the Commander pvp rank :D (long and hard if you have about as much strategy sense as I do (zero) but still fun and worth it)

Lol and then if you count that Myth dude who's on my account. He's really just there for my cousin to play on when he visits, but I level him up sometimes to help him out. He's lvl 29 Myth/Fire. Not a very common combination, but he does really well and can even keep up with my friends/family's higher characters for a bit of backup help. (I think at the moment he's a pvp corporal, wouldn't know I never pvp on him)

Taryn Dragonsong (60 balance)
Rowan Dragonsong (16 death)
(And Cody Legendriver, the weirdo myth who lives on my account)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
CorbinW wrote:
Straightforward question I believe. Note I am not asking about members in your family on a shared account, I mean just you personally

And if you have more than one, which is your favorite?


Well, I have 11 Wizards!

2 Legendary Ice
2 Legendary Balance
2 Legendary Life
1 Legendary Storm 1 Level 49 Storm
1 Legendary Myth
1 Legendary Fire
1 Legendary Death

As far as which is my favorite? That is very hard to say, I like them all and each has a unique quality to them. Some are more challenging than others, but they are all great and fun to play!

I wouldn't use more than one wizard. Too much time, too much effort and way too expensive, real cash and gold wise. Plus the going back and forth between wizards is just not worth the hassle. I like having one wizard. Easier to manage, cheaper and with all the time spent with that one school, you can't help but become pretty good at it.

Well, it is only $4 more a month with the family account program, so that is not too bad to get a second account. I did this because once I reached Grandmaster on a couple of my wizards on the first account, I liked to farm the ravens, but I wanted someone who could really help me farm them quickly, so I made a second account and made a second balance, life, and storm to help me. I used them and leveled them with the other characters on my first account. Did not take me long at all like this to get them all to grandmaster, that's for sure!

I do agree with you, one would be easier to manage, because some go a little while before I play them again, but on the other hand, I would miss being able to use any and all schools. The challenges of each school.

Of course, my wizard is myth. I wouldn't dream of another school, but if there was no myth, I would be ice. Love my cold weather.

bonus Q: Why do you have more than one wizard?


Myth is a great wizard, very challenging and fun. Ice is also great, very challenging and fun and then quite rewarding in Celestia!

1