Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How Many Servers in WIZARD101???

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
I recently just started another character on my account!
Try to get in touch with my friends on the other character list but cannot see them and they cannot see me even we standing in the same spot ( I log in other character to check)
SO my question is: Is there different server in this wizard101?
If yes, How do i choose the server when I create a new character?
If no, how do I see my friends on other character list?

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
Here the servers are called realms and you can access them from your spellbook. The icon is like two black spheres. There are realms and areas, and the population of each is listed as full, crowded, normal, or perfect. I have intended to meet several friends and we give location, realm, and area to meet.
On another note, I would like to see a cumulative friends list that all my wizards can access, at least for chat purposes to see if one of my wizards' friends wants to be friends with another of my wizards.

Destiny LegendCrafter, Ice, Lvl 38
Morgan LifeGiver, Life, Lvl 33
Taryn DreamWeaver, Balance, Lvl 25
Roslyn FireBrand, Fire, Lvl 10
Mariah NightSinger, Storm, Lvl 4
Alura GriffinCaller, Myth, Lvl 2

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
There are currently 20 servers in Wizard101. You can switch between them from the Realms tab in-game. That's the one with the gray spheres near the bottom on the right sidebar when you open the map, quest log, etc. You can't switch servers while in combat, while in an instanced level, or twice within 60 seconds of each other, but apart from that, you can switch as much as you like. When you switch servers, you'll still be standing in exactly the same spot, except on a different server.

I'm sure you'll find that this approach is far superior to the one of picking a server at character creation and being forever stuck there, though server crashes, overcrowding, server queues, etc.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
duongnhatnguyen wrote:
I recently just started another character on my account!
Try to get in touch with my friends on the other character list but cannot see them and they cannot see me even we standing in the same spot ( I log in other character to check)
SO my question is: Is there different server in this wizard101?
If yes, How do i choose the server when I create a new character?
If no, how do I see my friends on other character list?

Yes, there are several different servers. You cannot select which server at character creation, however, you can change servers at any time in game by going to the server selection screen in your options window. (Hit Esc., then click on the tab on the right that looks like two grey marbles, about 3/4 the way down.) You will see a list of all the servers, and be able to select the one that your other character is on.

Hope that helps!
:-)