Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

how long to make a world

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 02, 2009
356
i was woundering how long it take for KI to make a new world.(because there alot of people asking to make new worlds)

Defender
May 31, 2011
133
Oh wow, they just gave us 2 new worlds in less than a year and there are still bugs to work out.

Don't get me wrong, I like new worlds myself, but I, personally think it is a bit too soon to be asking for a new one already.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2634
darkjohns wrote:
i was woundering how long it take for KI to make a new world.(because there alot of people asking to make new worlds)


I would think it would take some time, there is a lot of thought to get it to fit into the already scheme of things then programing it all so it works. Since they really just added back Crab Alley w/Waterworks, Wintertusk, Westeria and Zafari I think we could wait for another world for a bit. Those with other wizards to work though what is already there may not be asking just yet.

Personally I would like to see a gear update over any more worlds added. My Wizards that have not gone though Waterworks many times, mainly because it's an event that takes time and you have to wait for a few others to go though with you, are still working on their level 58 gear so if the things we have to fight get stronger it would be more handy to have the gear to help defeat them.

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
356
safyrmoon wrote:
Oh wow, they just gave us 2 new worlds in less than a year and there are still bugs to work out.

Don't get me wrong, I like new worlds myself, but I, personally think it is a bit too soon to be asking for a new one already.
this is just a question of how long it takes to make a world not about making a new world.

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
152
It depends on KI, if they have a good idea already then it would probably take less time, but I wouldn't expect another world just yet with how Zafaria just came out.

Amber Stormsong level 58 Diviner

Defender
May 31, 2011
133
darkjohns wrote:
safyrmoon wrote:
Oh wow, they just gave us 2 new worlds in less than a year and there are still bugs to work out.

Don't get me wrong, I like new worlds myself, but I, personally think it is a bit too soon to be asking for a new one already.
this is just a question of how long it takes to make a world not about making a new world.


I was responding to this part of the question: "(because there alot of people asking to make new worlds)"

As I read it, it is about how long AND about "alot of people asking to make a new world"

I see nothing incorrect about my response.

*shrugs* To each his/her own.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
729
Think of it this way: first you come up with the idea, then you plan out the full storyline, get it approved, then you design the locations, then you design every single NPC, then you plan out all the gear, then you design all the spells, then you decide things like enemy schools, boss schools, think of cool mounts and pets, then you have it all re-made on the computer, then you program things to do what it is they do, then you record dialogue, record the music, then you get it beta tested, fix the bugs, change and edit things, promote it through the internet and through commercials, then you release your new W101 world to the gamers of the world. This all has to be done, and I just gave a basic outline. Before you play the new world, every single new spell that you cast, must first be planned and animated then tested before it is released. Give KI time, otherwise the new world will be full of bugs and glitches and have barely anything there. It's time vs quality, you can do something quickly to meet demand and have it be really bad, or you can take your time and do something really well.