Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How is reshuffle supposed to work now?

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
According to the 11/2016 release notes: "Adjusted the way Reshuffle works with enchanted cards. Enchanted spells no longer return to your deck after reshuffle so that you are no longer able to multiply your spells."

My question is, should reshuffle be putting back all the original cards, or no? The whole point of the change was to stop multiplying the cards, but what Im finding is that it is only putting back my blades and nothing else, which means it not only stopped multiplying cards, but now, really doesnt put any cards back beyond wand hits.

All Im trying to do is figure out the current method, and if that is the way it is supposed to be working. Make sense? I hope so

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
Reshuffle used to be bugged. It would put your cards back into your deck and put in any card you may have enchanted. So if you had a deck setup of 1 reshuffle, 1 hit, and 1 enchant, you would naturally enchant your hit and use it. When you would use reshuffle, the bug caused you to gain back not only the original 1 hit and 1 enchant, but 1 enchanted hit as well. The correction now has reshuffle working how it should, which is putting all of your original cards back into your deck. So when you use reshuffle now, you get that 1 hit and 1 enchant back into your deck.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
ok, then I'm going to have to track tis down on all of my wizards, because that is NOT how it is happening. Im fine with not getting the enchanted ones back, but not getting the normal ones back is a problem

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
Maybe contact support? Resuffle works rights for me. If its a bug they should be informed of it.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
yeah, I need to start keeping track of it, which wizards it works on, and which not, so it can be reported. Obviously I wanted to find out how it should be working first before submitting a bug report :)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
dayerider on Jan 24, 2017 wrote:
According to the 11/2016 release notes: "Adjusted the way Reshuffle works with enchanted cards. Enchanted spells no longer return to your deck after reshuffle so that you are no longer able to multiply your spells."

My question is, should reshuffle be putting back all the original cards, or no? The whole point of the change was to stop multiplying the cards, but what Im finding is that it is only putting back my blades and nothing else, which means it not only stopped multiplying cards, but now, really doesnt put any cards back beyond wand hits.

All Im trying to do is figure out the current method, and if that is the way it is supposed to be working. Make sense? I hope so
Reshuffle is supposed to only restore the cards you discarded and nothing else. When you enchant a card and then discard it, it will automatically remove the enchantment, or at least it is supposed to. Any card you have actually used is NOT supposed to be restored.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
per the Designers: Discarded treasure cards (of any kind) are no longer returned to your hand when Reshuffle is used. Your cards won't be lost completely when you discard them and can be used in the next combat encounter, but the change was necessary to account for the way the code of the game is written while ensuring that treasure cards can not be duplicated.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Dworgyn on Feb 6, 2017 wrote:
per the Designers: Discarded treasure cards (of any kind) are no longer returned to your hand when Reshuffle is used. Your cards won't be lost completely when you discard them and can be used in the next combat encounter, but the change was necessary to account for the way the code of the game is written while ensuring that treasure cards can not be duplicated.
I dont have a problem with tcs not being replaced. I understand that aspect of it. However, my regular cards are NOT being replaced on all wizards. So, if I have a giant + judgement, and I enchant the judgement with giant, my understanding is the new giant judgement wont be replaced, but both the initial giant and judgement should be replaced, and they're not. Do I have a misunderstanding as to how this should be working now??

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
dayerider on Feb 7, 2017 wrote:
I dont have a problem with tcs not being replaced. I understand that aspect of it. However, my regular cards are NOT being replaced on all wizards. So, if I have a giant + judgement, and I enchant the judgement with giant, my understanding is the new giant judgement wont be replaced, but both the initial giant and judgement should be replaced, and they're not. Do I have a misunderstanding as to how this should be working now??
If you are using a TRAINED giant + a LEARNED judgement, they should be returned to your deck in their original form as long as you did not use them. If you attempted to use it and it fizzed, I don't think it is returned but not sure.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Dworgyn on Feb 6, 2017 wrote:
Is this going to be a temporary fix until the designers find a better route to take or is this permanent? I find that this change will only have negative effects in matches since what you draw from your sideboard is completely random. Situational spells commonly used as treasure cards (Reshuffle, high level attacks, Triage, all bubble spells, low pip AoE's) will have to stay in your hand for the duration of the match if drawn too early or you're at a severe disadvantage.

If this is what the game designers intend, can you throw a suggestion to them for allowing players to "prioritize" what cards we want to draw first more often similar to how Pirate101 powers work? It will still have some randomness to it but will clog decks a lot less rather than hampering everybody's ability to utilize treasure cards the way we want to if luck doesn't go our way.

However, if this route is what KI designers are intending to take the game through, then this is another change to Reshuffle that I'm less than satisfied with.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
DragonLady1818 on Feb 7, 2017 wrote:
If you are using a TRAINED giant + a LEARNED judgement, they should be returned to your deck in their original form as long as you did not use them. If you attempted to use it and it fizzed, I don't think it is returned but not sure.
They would be returned if you used them. That is the point of reshuffling your deck. If I used or threw out every card in my deck then used reshuffle, my deck will have all my cards back, minus the reshuffle I used and any treasure card I used.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Heuna on Feb 8, 2017 wrote:
They would be returned if you used them. That is the point of reshuffling your deck. If I used or threw out every card in my deck then used reshuffle, my deck will have all my cards back, minus the reshuffle I used and any treasure card I used.
Reshuffle is only supposed to restore the cards you discarded. I don't think it is supposed to restore those you have actually cast. That would basically be the same thing as duplicating spells.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
DragonLady1818 on Feb 9, 2017 wrote:
Reshuffle is only supposed to restore the cards you discarded. I don't think it is supposed to restore those you have actually cast. That would basically be the same thing as duplicating spells.
ultimately, I think KI will need to plainly put what conditions it is supposed to work under now. So, I ask KI to answer these questions, to clarify how it's supposed to work now:

1) Should we be getting enchanted cards back?
2) Should we be getting cast spells back?
3) Should we be getting discarded, non tc, spells back?
4) if we fizzle on an a spell, will we get it back?
5) Should we be getting the regular spells back when we get spells back?

I say this because there is clearly some confusion as to what we're supposed to be reshuffling back, and what is considered duplication.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
dayerider on Feb 9, 2017 wrote:
ultimately, I think KI will need to plainly put what conditions it is supposed to work under now. So, I ask KI to answer these questions, to clarify how it's supposed to work now:

I say this because there is clearly some confusion as to what we're supposed to be reshuffling back, and what is considered duplication.
1. No. That is one of the things that was happening. Players would get their enchanted card as well as the original card and an enchant. That is where the duplicating issue apparently came in.

2. IMO, I would say that a cast spell should not be restored, but I have been informed they are. Even though it is not considered as duplicating the spell, Technically, I think it is since you actually cast it and it worked. I have been told that it is only restoring the spell to your deck.

3. I have always understood that Reshuffle was intended to restore only the discarded trained spells but not TC's.

4. Fizzle? I have no idea, but in this case, since it did fizzle, it probably is restored.

5. This falls under the discard of trained (regular) spells.

I agree there is a lot of confusion as to what Reshuffle is really supposed to do. To my way of thinking, if reshuffle restores spells that were cast, I would consider it a form of duplication. But as I stated above, I have been told it isn't duplication.

Maybe at this point, @Dworgyn or one of the Developers/Designers could make this clear for ALL players.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
DragonLady1818 on Feb 9, 2017 wrote:
If this is the case, then reshuffle glitches on every one of my wizards as well as my sisters. We should probably get clarification on this.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
dayerider on Feb 9, 2017 wrote:

Currently any treasure card used/discarded or created will NOT be reshuffled into the deck. However, if the card is not used, you will have it for the next combat.

When you enchant cards and one of those cards is a TC, you create a brand new TC, and the original TC used (in the combination) is considered 'cast/used'. That means once you use your TC Colossal to enchant your base spell, that Colossal is USED and now part of the card it was combined with. There is no getting that TC Colossal back. The card it creates however can be stored/saved/reshuffled as long as that newly created TC is NOT used in any way.

2) Should we be getting cast spells back? -- yes
3) Should we be getting discarded, non tc, spells back? -- yes
4) if we fizzle on an a spell, will we get it back? -- yes, on the same round in your current deck. Note, if it's a Treasure Card, it will return to your sideboard after fizzle.
5) Should we be getting the regular spells back when we get spells back? -- yes

If you experience a deviation from this, please file a bug report. Thanks!

Also, we are looking at how the code interacts with Reshuffle and Treasure Cards while trying to avoid card duplication. This is still under investigation and could change.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Unused TCs that are in our side deck should be available after a reshuffle. I hope that will be restored.
Thanks

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Dworgyn on Feb 10, 2017 wrote:

Currently any treasure card used/discarded or created will NOT be reshuffled into the deck. However, if the card is not used, you will have it for the next combat.

When you enchant cards and one of those cards is a TC, you create a brand new TC, and the original TC used (in the combination) is considered 'cast/used'. That means once you use your TC Colossal to enchant your base spell, that Colossal is USED and now part of the card it was combined with. There is no getting that TC Colossal back. The card it creates however can be stored/saved/reshuffled as long as that newly created TC is NOT used in any way.

4) if we fizzle on an a spell, will we get it back? -- yes, on the same round in your current deck. Note, if it's a Treasure Card, it will return to your sideboard after fizzle.

Also, we are looking at how the code interacts with Reshuffle and Treasure Cards while trying to avoid card duplication. This is still under investigation and could change.
thank you SO much for your response! After reading your reply, I want to further clarify by asking a question I didnt previously. If we, for example, use a training point learned colossal and a school learned (either free due to primary school OR training point bought) sandstorm, if we use this new enchanted sandstorm, will we get the original colossal and sandstorm back or is this considered a treasure card and subject to TC rules??

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
dayerider on Feb 11, 2017 wrote:
thank you SO much for your response! After reading your reply, I want to further clarify by asking a question I didnt previously. If we, for example, use a training point learned colossal and a school learned (either free due to primary school OR training point bought) sandstorm, if we use this new enchanted sandstorm, will we get the original colossal and sandstorm back or is this considered a treasure card and subject to TC rules??
When you reshuffle a learned colossal and a learned sandstorm that has been combined, after the reshuffle it will be returned to your deck as two separate cards (uncombined).

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Dworgyn on Feb 11, 2017 wrote:
When you reshuffle a learned colossal and a learned sandstorm that has been combined, after the reshuffle it will be returned to your deck as two separate cards (uncombined).
thank you VERY much for your quick replies. Thanks to those replies, I better understand how reshuffle works, and while I have yet to fully test it, I truly believe it is working as intended

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Dworgyn on Feb 10, 2017 wrote:

Also, we are looking at how the code interacts with Reshuffle and Treasure Cards while trying to avoid card duplication. This is still under investigation and could change. - Dworgyn

Please hurry with thus fix. The inability to recover unused tcs really inhibits a number of advanced strategies, particularly against a slow tempo opponent. Angel and Jade Juju were given a huge buff with this change and those strategies are already notoriously difficult to overcome.