Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How is forum rank determined?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I am far from new, but this seems the most appropriate heading to post this under.

What is the current breakdown of what determines your KingsIsle forum rank? Is it strictly done by number of posts or does number of charms enter into it? For example I am currently ranked as "Delver" with 291 posts and 20 charms. What earned me that title? Can we get a list of current possible titles and their requirements?

I found this old post on the subject but it is clearly way out of date: www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/forum-wizard-ranks-25689 .

Administrator
DanTheTerrible on Dec 23, 2020 wrote:
I am far from new, but this seems the most appropriate heading to post this under.

What is the current breakdown of what determines your KingsIsle forum rank? Is it strictly done by number of posts or does number of charms enter into it? For example I am currently ranked as "Delver" with 291 posts and 20 charms. What earned me that title? Can we get a list of current possible titles and their requirements?

I found this old post on the subject but it is clearly way out of date: www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/forum-wizard-ranks-25689 .
Great question! It's mainly charms, but posts does take into account as well.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Sparck on Dec 23, 2020 wrote:
Great question! It's mainly charms, but posts does take into account as well.
You tease. You're going to make me figure out the numbers myself, aren't you?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I know Sparck mainly hinted towards charms, but your rank is strictly determined by the amount of posts you have.

There was a post somewhere on the message boards where Dworygn gave a list of the breakdown of each rank and the number of post required.

At the time, charms was obsolete and hence, had nothing to do with it.

Now, with charms included amongst post, I have not seen it impact the forum rank either.

Example; Having 1000-1499 post earns the title Astrologist even if you have say 10 charms.

If you have 1000 charms and only have 10 posts, then you will begin at the basic rank on the forums.

Explorer
Mar 04, 2018
Quick question, how do you get charms? I don't have any yet.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
You gain charms when a fellow forum member 'likes' one of your post.

I will demonstrate by liking your post and getting you off rolling :D

Explorer
Mar 04, 2018
Explorer
May 28, 2012
DanTheTerrible on Dec 23, 2020 wrote:

Yes, this is a great question. I wondered the same thing a while back. This is what I found that will answer all question as to forum rank and the message board:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/new-to-wizard101-and-these-forums-read-this-8ad6a42b6cb33647016cd497889d463d?page=1

Hopes this helps. And if it needs revising, @ Sparck needs to update his post on this topic.