Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How does accuracy work?? A few questions.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
I am just wondering how accuracy works. Does it work like traps and blades? Like does my gear that gives 5% accuracy increase my balance spells accuracy from 85% to 90% or is 85% increased by 5% to 89.25%.

I must be the luckiest person in the world in either instance as I cast the balance charm that gives +10% accuracy and still fizzled twice in a row.

Also is there a cap on how much accuracy I can get? I am trying to optimize my gear so I fizzle as little as possible but dont sacrifice defense or damage for it.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Kurama17 wrote:
I am just wondering how accuracy works. Does it work like traps and blades? Like does my gear that gives 5% accuracy increase my balance spells accuracy from 85% to 90% or is 85% increased by 5% to 89.25%.

I must be the luckiest person in the world in either instance as I cast the balance charm that gives +10% accuracy and still fizzled twice in a row.

Also is there a cap on how much accuracy I can get? I am trying to optimize my gear so I fizzle as little as possible but dont sacrifice defense or damage for it.

Hey there~ as an archmage Balance wizard, I can tell you that accuracy works like everything else in-game: it's a dice-roll, or luck of the draw. Fizzles depend on your base percentage, but are random.

Any school can experience consecutive fizzles~ it happens to me all the time; unless your accuracy is 100 percent or more, there's always a chance for you to fizzle.

There are no limits as to how much accuracy you can get, but it's very difficult for a Balance wizard to do so~ we have to give up our armour piercing, universal resist, critical block, etc... for accuracy, unlike the other schools, who get accuracy boosts from gear without compromising their other stats.

(In fact, by level 50, Balance is the most fizzle-prone school in the game~ at that point, even Storm has better accuracy than we do, because they can get gear /with accuracy boosts/ that doesn't require them to make sacrifices in other areas. Annoying, but that's just how it is.)

Hope this helps!

"El Veeb"
archmage sorceress, trans necromancer, grandmaster diviner