Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Honestly

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
I've been playing for a while now and have had many memberships over the years. But honestly this game can be hard to come back to. I love Wizard101 and its characters! I really want the best for the game! But this game lacks where other MMOs do better in (guilds, a real trading system and, membership system). EAs/BioWares Star Wars The Old Republic has more content for free players (but they are still heavily restricted). I think implementing better and more system with help. But the graphics are a step in the right direction for new players.
I think guilds could help everyone! Old players can start guilds the help new players and the Commons can even have some sort of ranking house for guilds. There could be customizable items that members of that guild could wear. There could be different types of guilds so far I came up with three Social/Roleplay, PvP, and PvE. And your Wizard and be part of one of all three types!
Now more trading other than TC. I know a lot of people how thought that this game would go great with it! As there are so many schools and if I have no myth wizards I could at least give it to a friend? It could also go into some kind of guild bank/store as well! Some items could become guild trade only items or friend trade only items. Crown items can stay no trade.
For membership/free to play I can't really tell you want you can do. But I think maybe more free content even if it isn't free areas is good because the more time they spend the more willing to pay/beg.

I love Wizard101 and I hope some of you guys read this in full and I can answer/explain more if needed! Have a good day..
Natalie ShadowCaller

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The games you mentioned are designed for ADULTS. It may happen that teens play also, but they are not the core audience the games are designed to entertain.

Wizard101 was designed specifically for teens and kids aged 10 and up. In other words, this game is not designed for adults as their primary audience. For that reason, introducing a complicated market economy and social climate like guilds and in-game bartering, would place this MMO out of reach of its intended audience.

KI has already stated that they will not be introducing a formal trade economy or guilds.

Per the Code of Conduct for this very board:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/messageBoard/codeOfConduct/game

Posts requesting player to player item trading of any kind, and guilds/clans are not and will not be a part of Wizard101. Posts about these subjects will not be approved.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
NatTheMatt on Jul 16, 2018 wrote:
I've been playing for a while now and have had many memberships over the years. But honestly this game can be hard to come back to. I love Wizard101 and its characters! I really want the best for the game! But this game lacks where other MMOs do better in (guilds, a real trading system and, membership system). EAs/BioWares Star Wars The Old Republic has more content for free players (but they are still heavily restricted). I think implementing better and more system with help. But the graphics are a step in the right direction for new players.
I think guilds could help everyone! Old players can start guilds the help new players and the Commons can even have some sort of ranking house for guilds. There could be customizable items that members of that guild could wear. There could be different types of guilds so far I came up with three Social/Roleplay, PvP, and PvE. And your Wizard and be part of one of all three types!
Now more trading other than TC. I know a lot of people how thought that this game would go great with it! As there are so many schools and if I have no myth wizards I could at least give it to a friend? It could also go into some kind of guild bank/store as well! Some items could become guild trade only items or friend trade only items. Crown items can stay no trade.
For membership/free to play I can't really tell you want you can do. But I think maybe more free content even if it isn't free areas is good because the more time they spend the more willing to pay/beg.

I love Wizard101 and I hope some of you guys read this in full and I can answer/explain more if needed! Have a good day..
Natalie ShadowCaller
I like your ideas and they work well in other MMOs. I think W101 is a little different as it caters for children, some of whom are very young. The game you've mentioned is designed for over 18's only.

W101 is designed for children (some of them can't chat in game) and as an interim/introduction to MMOs. I think KI have been pleasantly surprised with how many players stay when they're older and how many of their customers/fans are older than their target market.

KI have said several times that they won't expand player-player trading. I don't speak for KI but expect part/all ofthis decision is to protect younger players from being persuaded to trade their best drops or items; and to reduce disappointment/disputes when trades have been unfair or exploitative.

Guilds can be really fun and opens up a multitude of opportunities and new ideas for in game. It might be a little complicated for young players though, especially if they don't have chat features enabled. I think it is important for a menu chat player to be able to fully participate and not be left out of things that they see happening around them. It's already tricky for them due to the chat restrictions.

I think the free areas of W101 are enough to try out the game and see if we want to pay to continue our journey. Whether more free areas would be optimal or not is debatable but we can only speculate as we don't have access to the market research or stats used to decide it. It was enough that we all joined in Comparing how much 'free' content is given in Star Wars doesn't really work as you have to buy the game to play it 'free' but W101's free trial is 100% free.

I like your suggestions/ideas and if you'd like to join guilds etc you might like to check out some of the other fan sites because there are unofficial groups and guilds...you could even set up a new one if you like!

The groups can be really fun and you'll meet some really awesome wizards

This is just my thoughts, hope it helps!

Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
This game's community has changed a lot. Just about all kids want to play Fortnite not W101. KI will have to make changes the people want sooner or later. Today's 10 year old want to be treated like little adults. I know a lot of people who quit. W101 is also an MMO without most of MMO's traits. Hardly anyone wants to socialize. You join someones battle in the street the rage or if they join your battle they flee or exit the game. Now you don't even need friends with the team up system. I feel like the community that we started out with is dead. Also you don't have to ask people to hatch with you (except for most crown pets but they plan to fix that). Without guilds there won't be a community in this game and all MMOs are made by their community. Also people are still begging for gifts.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
Victoria FireHeart on Jul 18, 2018 wrote:
I like your ideas and they work well in other MMOs. I think W101 is a little different as it caters for children, some of whom are very young. The game you've mentioned is designed for over 18's only.

W101 is designed for children (some of them can't chat in game) and as an interim/introduction to MMOs. I think KI have been pleasantly surprised with how many players stay when they're older and how many of their customers/fans are older than their target market.

KI have said several times that they won't expand player-player trading. I don't speak for KI but expect part/all ofthis decision is to protect younger players from being persuaded to trade their best drops or items; and to reduce disappointment/disputes when trades have been unfair or exploitative.

Guilds can be really fun and opens up a multitude of opportunities and new ideas for in game. It might be a little complicated for young players though, especially if they don't have chat features enabled. I think it is important for a menu chat player to be able to fully participate and not be left out of things that they see happening around them. It's already tricky for them due to the chat restrictions.

I think the free areas of W101 are enough to try out the game and see if we want to pay to continue our journey. Whether more free areas would be optimal or not is debatable but we can only speculate as we don't have access to the market research or stats used to decide it. It was enough that we all joined in Comparing how much 'free' content is given in Star Wars doesn't really work as you have to buy the game to play it 'free' but W101's free trial is 100% free.

I like your suggestions/ideas and if you'd like to join guilds etc you might like to check out some of the other fan sites because there are unofficial groups and guilds...you could even set up a new one if you like!

The groups can be really fun and you'll meet some really awesome wizards

This is just my thoughts, hope it helps!
I like your positivity guys.
I'm pretty sure most of the younger kids are playing with their parents.
As for menu chat players will mostly always be pushed to the side that was seen in even the earliest times of the game. The kids who do have chat most likely aren't playing with parents.
The Star Wars game I talked about has no upfront buying and have a simaler membership to W101 but the difference is you can still play most of the game in SW but you only have so many med bots.

community as and MMO it should be there in-game. You don't need friends in W101 just team up, don't even talk.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
this game is geared for younger and older players who want to have a good time!
And for those to want to "make it better like other MMO',.........well.........why arent they still with the others?...and most important especially for the younger group who aren't old enough to have a job.......please tell me what other "better MMO" costs ten bucks a month!?????