Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

hmmm which school?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
I need some help, i am getting a new wiz and i need to know should i get ice or balance?

jasonfariyblossom lvl 50 pyro

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I'd go with balance, they are at an advantage in pvp and many of the ice players I've seen in the game seemed to be crying that no one likes them cause their school is ice. Ice is the only school I've seen people be totally emotionally devestated by playing it.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Well there are googoplex's of post about which school to be. I can not tell what school is the best for you. But what I can tell you is try out a wiz to like level 12, and see what best fits your play style. I did this after I got to grand, and wanted to try another school. But as a personal opinion I found that Death is fun to level, for me. Later I am gonna jump on my fire to see how he does in Krokotopia, if he doesn't fall flat then I am going back to my death in Marleybone.

Defender
Apr 08, 2009
jjkl wrote:
I need some help, i am getting a new wiz and i need to know should i get ice or balance?

jasonfariyblossom lvl 50 pyro

I think you should pick Balance. They have several good spells ( such as judgement which does a lot of damage).

As for Ice, They have tons of health but their spells are weak.

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
Why don't you get Ice as your main school, and Balance as your secondary? Ice may be weak, but they have extremely high health and many shields. But, Balance has blades, shields, and traps, so with that, you'd be almost unstoppable! (:

Good luck choosing!

Sincerely,

Elizabeth MistLeaf (Level 45 Ice; 3174 Health)

Explorer
Nov 20, 2008
i have a grand death wiz and i also have an ice wiz lvl 31 the death wiz was more fun to play but ice isn't so bad either ice has the most health in all of the other school and it has tower shield which you can defend yourself against judgementi have solo all the way to mooshu and i have life as secondary school xD

so I say go for ice

Hero
May 19, 2009
seasnake wrote:
I'd go with balance, they are at an advantage in pvp and many of the ice players I've seen in the game seemed to be crying that no one likes them cause their school is ice. Ice is the only school I've seen people be totally emotionally devestated by playing it.

Why do you assume he is gonna use it to play pvp? If your gonna make a new wizard then go with ice, balance is mostly a support class when it comes pve.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
It is my opinion that you can't tell how a character will play until you start playing marleybone as you can't judge your character on its lower level spells and until marleybone you aren't constantly up against multiple oppenents that are a bit hard to kill.

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
Hero
May 19, 2009
seasnake wrote:
It is my opinion that you can't tell how a character will play until you start playing marleybone as you can't judge your character on its lower level spells and until marleybone you aren't constantly up against multiple oppenents that are a bit hard to kill.

You specificly told him balance, for no other reason then pvp. Also, of course you wouldnt have said ice bc all you seem to do is bash on it, like in several of your posts.