Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Henchmen: Not worth their price

AuthorMessage
Champion
Mar 19, 2009
Henchmen aren't worth their prices. They don't do anything good, and they cost 400 for level 90, 300 for level 80, and so on. 10 = $0.01 Even though 40 cents isn't much, it's still overpriced.

Example of how bad they are.

Varney Spelljam: A level 80 henchman, who if you are dead, you don't count as a player. You will lose a battle (even if you would've won without him) if you buy him.

A solution: The wizards should be brought back. They should cost the amount of crowns as their level.

Sorry if thi is too short!

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
There was a heavy outcry when KI changed the models and instituted the new price-gouging standards. They said they were going to reassess their worth,but never deigned to give an update on the situation,and the price-gouging continues.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
SparkySywer on Nov 25, 2012 wrote:
Henchmen aren't worth their prices. They don't do anything good, and they cost 400 for level 90, 300 for level 80, and so on. 10 = $0.01 Even though 40 cents isn't much, it's still overpriced.

Varney Spelljam: A level 80 henchman, who if you are dead, you don't count as a player. You will lose a battle (even if you would've won without him) if you buy him.

A solution: The wizards should be brought back. They should cost the amount of crowns as their level.

I am a bit confused on your post. I completely agree the henchman dont work as well as they should but are you saying varney doesnt heal you if your dead. If so this is false , One time i waited 6 rounds while dead and was brought back with a satyr. So yes the henchman should be more prone to target a player more often but they will heal you if dead, Might just take a while till simple varney decides to cast on you.

I wish KI would revamp the henchman so that they only target the purchaser or at least a non henchman. So many times has varney healed himself or another henchman when they were at full health and i was dead or near dead. That needs to change.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
SparkySywer on Nov 25, 2012 wrote:

I have mixed feelings on Varney specifically, because my friend and I once used him in combat and, when I died, he wouldn't heal me at all. The only henchman I use is Salvus (the draconian)~ he's the level 50 life henchman and probably the best value for your crowns, since he's more of a healer than a damage dealer.

I also agree that the prices should be returned to what they were. KI did say that they were going to reevaluate, but there are no signs of them having done so. I hope they'll reconsider.

-von

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
People complained about this months ago. KI changed nothing.
Don't waste your money on any henchmen over level 40. Level 40 are the only henchmen I use, when I break down and use them.

Explorer
Jul 23, 2012
How about they target heals at the player with the least health

Survivor
Jun 13, 2011
I disagree. They are toatlally worth their price. For example, if I need to heal, I can just get a henchmen and get my healing, plus, I can use a henchmen that is much better than the enemy that I am facing.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I think they CAN be helpful, but what I'd rather see is a update to the Minion to make them ALL much more useful. Some are more powerful the more pips you spend, and others just are horrible. The fire minion is useless past about krokopatra or marleybone. I've pointed out ways they could be improved, and really hope they do get a SERIOUS make over. I'll reply again with a link, because I need to revamp my own idea to make it make more sense, but if you want the initial idea, here's the link:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/game/52838?reset=1