Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Henchmen?

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Do people really use Henchmen much?

My first wizard is level 78 in Avalon, well past Jabberwok. Been playing for about 6 months. And I have never used a henchman. Ever. They were always locked so I never new how to get them, but I never really cared either. By googling internet I just discovered they get unlocked during battle!

Well I'm no hard core gamer. I might play with good strategy. I solo almost all my quests, but I enjoy helping others in teams. When I need help I scrounge friends or strangers, whatever is available. No buddies irl to help me. Never really a problem getting help. I very rarely die. Crazy tough bosses that cheat I might google for helpful info. Henchmen? Never had one. I can't believe I am that much better than others. No way. So whats the deal?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
RottenHeart on Feb 5, 2013 wrote:

My first wizard is level 78 in Avalon, well past Jabberwok. Been playing for about 6 months. And I have never used a henchman. Ever. They were always locked so I never new how to get them, but I never really cared either. By googling internet I just discovered they get unlocked during battle!

Well I'm no hard core gamer. I might play with good strategy. I solo almost all my quests, but I enjoy helping others in teams. When I need help I scrounge friends or strangers, whatever is available. No buddies irl to help me. Never really a problem getting help. I very rarely die. Crazy tough bosses that cheat I might google for helpful info. Henchmen? Never had one. I can't believe I am that much better than others. No way. So whats the deal?
Some actually do use them.

I have not used one in a long time and the last one I did use was a lvl 40 life for one of my other wizards for a spell quest. As a general rule, I don't use them and am not going to waste crowns on them.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I never found it worth it, but some people don't know how to play strategically I guess. That or they are seriously lazy.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
RottenHeart on Feb 5, 2013 wrote:

you aren't "better" than anyone else~ that statement is incredibly childish, not to mention obnoxious and insulting to other players. why you feel the need to bash people in your posts, i have no sweet clue.

i am a former solo player and casual gamer, who has played the entire game through celestia and beyond (including most cheating-boss dungeons) by herself, multiple times, and i have used henchmen before. i don't use high-level ones, or purchase them with any regularity, but they're handy when i need to get something done quickly or have exhausted all other options.

i used to have trouble finding help because of my time-zone; lunchtime here is 8 am on the opposite coast, so i often had full servers to myself. even now that i have friends in-game, i have to stay up until 4 or 5 in the morning if i want to quest with them. this is where an in-game help-finder would come in handy.

if i have to choose between spending 6 hours in some dungeon, or paying a few crowns to get out of there and into my bed at a reasonable time, i'd choose the second one. doesn't matter whether i can solo it or not~ nothing comes between me and sleep... not even this game.

-von
90 balance, 83 death, 64 storm, the rest.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Vonawsome wrote

"if i have to choose between spending 6 hours in some dungeon, or paying a few crowns to get out of there..."

Huh? Six hours in a dungeon? Am I playing a completely different game??? As I mentioned above I'm not in Azteca yet, but pretty much everywhere else. Wow. I have not yet been in a dungeon that took more than 90-120 minutes. Most being under 45 minutes. I am certainly not a super wizard. I emphasize: I am terrible compared to most others!!! I can't survive PVP and my outfit is ugly!

I am completely shocked if there are many dungeons that take more than 120 minutes, never mind 6 hours.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
".. you aren't "better" than anyone else~ that statement is incredibly childish, not to mention obnoxious and insulting to other players. why you feel the need to bash people in your posts, i have no sweet clue."

Please read posts before ranting. There is really no need for this stuff on the forum. It hurts yourself, the game, and the community. If you don't want to participate in a thread thats fine, but don't be indescriminately attacking people.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
RottenHeart on Feb 7, 2013 wrote:
Vonawsome wrote

"if i have to choose between spending 6 hours in some dungeon, or paying a few crowns to get out of there..."

Huh? Six hours in a dungeon? Am I playing a completely different game??? As I mentioned above I'm not in Azteca yet, but pretty much everywhere else. Wow. I have not yet been in a dungeon that took more than 90-120 minutes. Most being under 45 minutes. I am certainly not a super wizard. I emphasize: I am terrible compared to most others!!! I can't survive PVP and my outfit is ugly!

I am completely shocked if there are many dungeons that take more than 120 minutes, never mind 6 hours.
I have. Solo the Trial of Spheres with Ice.
It took hours.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Von i think that was just a figure of speech that wasnt intended to be rude.

Back on topic though ive used henchmen a few times normally when i am solo and the battle is taking longer than i expected.