Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Henchman

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 07, 2009
Gotta say I've been using the henchman often. They work good. Was against using them. Stopped using the minions a while ago. Which is to bad they werent more helpful.
just throwing my two cents in...Great game KI

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
nightcrawler1212 wrote:
Gotta say I've been using the henchman often. They work good. Was against using them. Stopped using the minions a while ago. Which is to bad they werent more helpful.

I feel the same way .... I Have a Balance wizard and i say the minions I have are very very very useless .... But The Main Henchman i use is life so it can keep me alive long enough .... but hey did you ever notice that when you are using a henchman the Monsters tend to turn there sights on it....??? .... Has if to kill the Henchman first so then you have to spend more crowns if needed to to complete the Boss Killing....???? LOL

Just My Insight....Thanks

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Speaking from a game roleplay point of view:

Minions are non-human are creatures of some form, with limited intelligence. Henchmen are human wizards who are professional mercenaries for hire. Naturally, Henchmen would be more intelligent, since they're humans, and they'd be more useful, since their livelihood depends on how effective they are.

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
in one of my duels, they were after my henchman, but then when i casted a high damage spell they started on me again.

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
I believe being human doesnt make you more intelligent..that is for sure!! :P But this is about the game.
You get the quest to be able to summon a minion and it is cool. 8) Using henchman is useful, but costs crowns. A minion costs you a little mana. So of course the one that makes money is going to be the first choice. Especially that they work good. Well, that is if you have crowns to spend. Their are a lot of people (kids/teens) who might not have that option. Money is tight to a lot of people.
I'm just sayin henchman are nice to use. :-) But I was always hoping KI would upgrade minions a bit to be able to use in higher levels. The minions are different and unique in every school. And they are part of the story/RP because you actually work to get them

Survivor
Jun 13, 2011
i have a question about the henchman. I go to the crown shop and they are only 60 crowns for a lvl 60 henchman i want to buy one but it is locked why is that. Do i have to be a certain lvl cuz i am lvl 46 and i see ppl with them that are lower than me. help i want one and i dont know how to get it.

Administrator
Henchmen can only be purchased during your turn in a duel. They cannot be purchased outside of a duel.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Sep 06, 2011
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
fairypetal099 wrote:
i have a question about the henchman. I go to the crown shop and they are only 60 crowns for a lvl 60 henchman i want to buy one but it is locked why is that. Do i have to be a certain lvl cuz i am lvl 46 and i see ppl with them that are lower than me. help i want one and i dont know how to get it.

You can use the higher level henchmen at level 46 (or lower for that matter), but as Prof. Greyrose pointed out, it has to be purchased during the duel. The lock icon signifies a restriction of some sort (duel only, school only, level # only, etc). In the case of henchmen, it is duel only.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
derekjack1 wrote:
What level do you get henchmen

Any level you want. They are not spells. You buy them from the Crowns shop when you are in a PvE duel.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2011
This my sound dumb but what do you mean during a duel because i can not get to the crown shop that is at the top of my screen when i am in a duel

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
nightcrawler1212 wrote:

Ever since my mom allowed me to use my own money to buy crowns from the game (goodbye to my allowance), I've been hiring henchmen for even very simple duels. Not that I am lazy, I just want to get through the fight quicker. In Krok alone, I summoned so many henchmen it would be able to last me about ten thousand Malistaire battles

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
fairypetal099 wrote:
This my sound dumb but what do you mean during a duel because i can not get to the crown shop that is at the top of my screen when i am in a duel

The crown shop icon opens up in a duel, only when you are choosing your cards. So when you are picking your cards, your Crowns Shop icon should be available and it defaults to the henchmen tab. (Just like picking your cards, you only have 30 seconds to make a purchase).