Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Helping me find the right gear for me

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 30, 2011
So I was wondering if there was anyone willing to help me pick gear for my wizard. I don't feel like crafting them. I've been trying to find them in the Bazaar but I mean I've found a couple of stuff but not alot.

Level 80

Another thing,maybe I picked the wrong school to start off with. I mean I've seen players at 110 so I mean they have gotten that far. But like how many of those people actually crafted the gear? Most of the high gear in the Bazaar are like level 82 and up and sadly I am not there yet.

That is why I was just wondering if there was anyone that would be willing to help me. Like just naming good Myth gear so maybe I could find them.

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
Level 80 is a weird level because at level 90 there is amazing gear to be worn that is found in Aquila. If you want gear for level 80 that is optimal for questing, then I would suggest either farming the Waterworks dungeon found in crab alley for the Tricksy set, that gives a bunch of myth damage, universal resist, and decent critical, or going for the crafted gear that is found in avalon. If you want to craft that gear, it gives less damage than the waterworks in some respects but gives a whole bunch more critical. The crafted avalon gear for myth is the Poet's Hood, the Armor of the Banneret, and the Footwraps of legacy. You may want to switch out the footwraps of legacy for the tricksy boots if you want more damage, but the footwraps of legacy are far better in terms of defense. The best athame and ring in the game until level 100 are from Cronus and Gladiator Dimachaerus, two secret bosses in Mount Olympus and Tartarus in Aquila. But since you are only level 80, I would recommend buying the Bear's Claw of Myth that you can get from the bazaar, or dropped from Agnetta Broadblade. For a ring, I would recommend buying the Peridot ring of battle in the bazaar. Any athame is fine, and any deck suitable for your level is fine. But, when you hit level 90, go to Aquila and farm for the athame and ring that I stated earlier, and farm for the Hades gear that is found in Tartarus. Anything that you still don't understand you can look up on Wizard101 Wiki. I hope this helped.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Oh my goodness, after you hit level 50, you should be staying FAR away from the bazaar. A lot of people say to craft stuff at that level, and quite honestly you're just going to have to suck it up and do some crafting or delete the wizard and do another school. The other option is WW gear until you can get Tartarus or DM gear, which is what I've been doing, and it's worked well enough. WW gear is pretty dependable and I got through Polaris on my death wiz with it. Good gear takes significant time, effort or both- nothing easy is worth having.

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
Farm the Waterworks for the hat and robe at minimum. (My lvl 83 fire still uses them) For boots go to the Wild and pick out a receipe similar to these:http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Wildgrave_Striders#axzz4FMuZxJJC

I use this amulet on my fire: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Armiger%27s_Amulet_of_Aiming#axzz4FMuZxJJC

Rest of the gear can be bought at Bazaar or crafted in Vestrilund