Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

help with school pairing ideas?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 09, 2011
hey guys just became a member after creating 6 wizards and ran them as far as i could go before i had to become a member obviuosly i am quite addicted.

i need some ideas on some proper school pairing this is what i was thinking some opinions please!

my wizards as follows

storm/ thinking of pairing with fire i know this would have a extremly high fizzle rate with no defense but the attacks would be really devastating with all that power when they do hit i already have 10% accuracy which seems to be doing alright on these lower levels but with all power and little defense with lots of fizzle maybe going with myth would be better

ice/i started pairing with death but i may want to change and make him paired up with life this would make him virtually unbeatable but a little weak

as far as my other 4 wizards i was thinking as follows

fire paired with ice
life paired with death
myth & balance i am still a little in the air about
maybe myth with storm and balance with myth

so my pairs would be

storm/fire or myth
ice/death or life
life/death
fire/ice
myth/storm ?
balance/myth ?

just looking for some feedback and opinions i know there are no right or wrong answers just looking for some feedback from some more experienced players before i really start locking my wizards into their secondary schools with training points!

Thanks fellow wizards!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
While you do have some very interesting ideas, it depends on how you want to play the game. If you intend on using pvp, training tower shield is always good so you will learn ice. Many like to train to feint, another great boost, which is most of death. Some want to train for mutate spells from celestia which requires storm to train fire until pheonix.

Ice is a great idea to train in life, but also great to learn feint in too.
Storm, like I said, is great to learn fire for mutate. Myth is not so great to train in as secondary. My opinion however.
Fire, Death to feint, ice to tower.
life, definitely death to feint and ice to tower.
myth, any way you want, since it is difficult to use feints with myth.
balance, definitely learn feint first and fast. Towers are always great for balance to learn.

Just my ideas

Explorer
Mar 09, 2011
so in your opinion stay away from training myth as a secondary school keep it as my primary and i should be alright training fire as my secondary to storm.
who would you pair my primary balance up with.
i'm still learning about towers,shields,prisms etc. so any help you could give would be great.

thanks

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I would say do odd parings because of the shields. This is what I did
life/storm i'm missing the storm shield but i have a necklace for it
death/ice i'm missing an ice shield
myth/ice don't remember what shield i am missing but i have the tower shield
storm/ fire
balance/myth
fire/life
I am only missing one shield out of all of them except balance because of the odd paring
My son has an ice/fire and he struggles because most of the bosses are ice or fire

Armiger
May 10, 2010
magic102310 wrote:
so in your opinion stay away from training myth as a secondary school keep it as my primary and i should be alright training fire as my secondary to storm.
who would you pair my primary balance up with.
i'm still learning about towers,shields,prisms etc. so any help you could give would be great.

thanks

Well, Balance is great with death to feint, feints always come in handy. After you train feint, I went with storm, but that is a choice. You could actually go with anything, however, in my second Balance, I went with ice to tower shield and I love it. After that, learn Gargantuan and Vengeance. Then wait, to see what comes out next.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Balance is great, as a secondary class, but don't ever use it as your primary- it's a lot weaker than the other classes and, until you get to level 35 or so, your spells rarely do any real damage. Still, if you can put up with shields and getting creamed in PvP by people who are much lower-level than you for a long-enough time, I've heard that it gets better.

I love my necromancer- he is only level 9, but is already showing a ton of promise. I can see storm/death being a pretty-lethal combo; same with myth/life- that earthquake you get later on doesn't have any weaknesses, plus you can keep healing and annoy the stuffing out of everyone else until the end of time.

Hope this helps,

Laura Shadowsong
Level 50 Balance/Fire/Death

Explorer
Mar 09, 2011
i ran through my my last wizard last night after starting ice fresh again i am up to golem tower already so now i have my 6 wizards to the point where i am going to start to train them in their different schools i can't wait to see whats next thats what makes this game so fun and cool.Still a little hazy about what schools i am going to pair up together i'll figure it out though one school at a time right now i'm running with ice so i'll probably keep running with him for awhile and get some more experience before deciding on a definite secondary school i'll keep reading the forums some more a lot of wizards are very informative and have alot of different ideas!